• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I think we've got the 2nd best team in the country. Some might (wrongly) argue 3rd best. I'd imagine some particularly strange people might even suggest 4th best.

Assuming even a generous 4th best as a premise, that means an entirely bang average, run of the mill, nothing special manager should have us in the top 4. That's ignoring the over achievement that Poch has shown in the past, ignoring that he's shown we can achieve a lot more than 4th. Just turning up and doing an average job would have us in 4th.

There is no excuse whatsoever for this length of performance over this time. There's no way our entire squad has deteriorated physically in this short a space of time - they're not there mentally, tactically or a mixture of both. It's on Poch to fix that, it's been deteriorating for over a year and shows no sign of improving.

I think the whole thing has just run out of steam, Poch, the players, the tactics. We are desperate to inject some new life into the club, but that either means major investment in the squad now and not over multiple windows, or you get in a new manager and use that bounce.

Round and round in circles. You’re willfully ignoring every single mitigating factor. And it IS willful at this point. You’ve had it in for him since he spoke about “auras”...fact.

Another one of those that goes both ways Steff.

As much as you might think Scara (and others) willfully ignore your mitigating factors, others will feel you willfully believe in things that are more distraction than actual problem.

The lines are drawn, not much else to say at this point.

In time something will change, or be revealed, and perhaps lead to the conversation moving on.

Until then its just a holding pattern.

THere are loads of excuses for Poch vs There arent actually...

Round and round in circles. You’re willfully ignoring every single mitigating factor. And it IS willful at this point. You’ve had it in for him since he spoke about “auras”...fact.
I'm not ignoring them, I just don't care. He needs to get us into the top 2/3, if he can't then someone else should.

Probably. Doesn't change that Poch is underperforming compared to an average mark.

What was the average mark before Poch? How have you decided what the new standards are?

Surely the man responsible for your frankly ridiculous expectations deserves the chance to steady the ship?

Oddly that is when I changed my opinion on him. Was prepared to look the other way when it got results but anyone who puts lemons in a bowl and think their colour shows your aura is an idiot.

What would you do in your life if you went to meeting and your manager said that to you. You might walk away thinking well the guy gets results but is odd. But a seed of doubt would be put in your head that he was not quite the ticket.

To me it was a sign of low self esteem. The sort of flimflam someone says because they think it is funny or clever. Lots of people have them, these stock answers or carefully thought out traits that they think make them sound different or interesting. My sister in law tells anyone who will listen that if she won the lottery she would only ever wear a pair of socks once and throw away.

Hang around a group of teenagers or any woman and you hear the same sort of clap trap from someone not comfortable in their own skin.

I bet Poch even reads his horoscope.

What was the average mark before Poch? How have you decided what the new standards are?

Surely the man responsible for your frankly ridiculous expectations deserves the chance to steady the ship?[/QUOTE

I think we have the third best squad in the league, rightly or wrongly.

where do you think we are? genuine question. It’s fair to point out that poch through being extremely competent before, exceeded and raised our expectations in terms of league positions...

also a pang for me that we couldn’t win anything while we looked at our best a couple of years ago.

and maybe also fair to suggest he’s now falling beneath those standards.

fair enough, who do you consider core though?

hugo, never a consistent presence
Toby, either physically broken or downed tools
Verts, doesn’t have the excuse of age or miles
Wanyama, see toby
Eriksen, lol
Kane, see verts
City by a very long margin.

So there's three people who are wrong, poch for not having top three, pep for not being top and scara for not being able to judge where a team should be.

Surely the man responsible for your frankly ridiculous expectations deserves the chance to steady the ship?
The new standards are those he set. He proved them possible, now it's his responsibility to improve on them.

Have you never worked in a target-focused environment before?

27 years it has taken us to consistently become a top 4 club. And we want to throw away the manager who achieved it
I see continuous achievement and progress from MJ onwards. Yes Poch was the one who briefly solidified a top 4 spot, but he inherited a squad who were nearly there. There were great highs under Rednapp, even one or two under AVB - Poch's achievement coincided with Kane's rise etc.
You could equally argue that Poch needs to be sacked before he leads us to the bottom 3. For me Bournemouth at home and Manu away will be good indicators of whether Poch can get us back on track.

I'm not ignoring them, I just don't care. He needs to get us into the top 2/3, if he can't then someone else should.

How big do you think the risk is that the manager we replace him with isn't as good, and gives us less success next season and beyond than Poch would have done if we'd kept him instead?

And on a completely separate note, just out of interest: what % of your tone on this forum is natural, innate and authentic vs an enjoyably provocative caricature of yourself?

Back