1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by DubaiSpur, 27 May 2014.

1. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Chris Perry

It's a common enough comment from footballers that have played here and in Italy/Spain. They have a lot of time and space to train intensively in the tactical side of the game, and are more rounded players because of it.

Here, the pace is so intense that tactical training, for all intents and purposes, can only be done within a small window at the start of the season, and another one closer to the end if your club has no other competitions to deal with.

Otherwise, the vast majority of training mid-season is just keeping your conditioning and fitness up for the next game, with a few opponent-specific training sessions when needed. If you try anything else, you are going to fall behind in terms of fitness, and the pace of the Premier League will swat you aside.

It's a similar situation in Germany - Bundesliga sides are similarly constrained given the pace of their league, but they have a couple of mid-season breaks in play to get a bit more tactical training in.

2. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

Good question, my own opinion is i would leave it as it is till the end of the season and see where we are. Most fans i speak to at the grounds have the same opinion.

braineclipse, thfcsteff and Yermiyahu like this.
  3. BrainOfLevy

BrainOfLevy Vedran Corluka

I think we can potentially make a really smart - or potentially horrible - decision to trust him big in January, and trust him big in the summer. If by December next year we’re still absolute garbage, then he goes. But I’m willing to make that call.

I think we’ve succeeded by doing things differently, thinking differently to other clubs. And I think BE is right that most clubs that would have seen this decline would have put their Manager under much more pressure by now. But I like the idea of us being somewhat contrarian, of not being swayed by the fickleness of results and appreciating the wider context. So I’m willing to give him this season and a couple of transfer windows to reshape the squad as he thinks he needs. This is not an unlimited pass, as at some point it will be clear it just can’t be turned round by him no matter how hard he tries if results kept going this time next year.

But I think he’s earned it, and I think it would show tremendous clarity of thought and great strategy to clearly say ‘this is our guy, we are backing him’ and investing in the players he wants, and moving out the ones he doesn’t. And in any case, if he eventually goes, if we are now signing the likes of N’Dombele, the new man is going to have a bloody good squad to work with.

glasgowspur and benp like this.
  4. Nigeyman

Nigeyman Dean Austin

What do you think this is fking hide and seek
    Remarkable. So many still patient and content to carry on, even though it’s not dramatic in the least to suggest if our current form continues we could be going down!

Yep I’m sure Levy will be content to admire all the hypothetical credit in the bank and risk all his years of toil, to potentially be in the championship.

I don’t get why he’s revered as a GHod, perhaps I’m right that so many have been brainwashed or ‘hoodwinked’ by this emotional guy who’s ship with this current squad has run aground.

So what next if we get our tummy’s get tickled by the pie and mash rude boys???
    Don’t worry let’s carry on, we will play Norwich soon we’re sure to beat them! We will have a brand new set up the week after but the performance will be as disjointed as it has for a while...

fudge it, let it carry on...we’re so Unambitious with a mediocre desires that we will love you forever, because you got us top 4 and got us to a final, have the keys to Tottenham, openly talk about leaving us, do whatever you like mate.

set us on fire poch and we will sing cumb by ya and praise our lord for the warmth...

In short...

we can’t bloody carry on like this, we cannot beat Newcastle...Watford...Brighton...Sheffield Utd Ffs...

Serious relegation fears are actually here!

and no I wouldn’t trust him with money...not one bit...

afsoc4life likes this.
  5. afsoc4life

afsoc4life Andy Sinton

Perhaps Pochettino needs a break. The PL can be taxing.

Nigeyman likes this.
  6. Nigeyman

Nigeyman Dean Austin

he needs a break of at least a year followed by fresh surroundings, players new to him willing to fully invest in his methods.

he’s not been the better version of poch for the longest time, he’s unravelled a lot since last year, he’s not recovered properly from the embarrassment of our showing in the ucl final and neither has the squad.

If we get done badly by the spammers he should do the correct thing and resign and finally admit he’s taken us as far as he can, because that seems like the painful truth of it all.

7. elltrev

elltrev Pascal Chimbonda

Sounds like you might need a break too mate!

8. lurker of old

lurker of old Milenko Acimovic

he’s not been the better version of poch for the longest time, he’s unravelled a lot since last year, he’s not recovered properly from ...our showing in the ucl final and neither has the squad.

If we get done badly by the spammers he should do the correct thing and resign and finally admit he’s taken us as far as he can, because that seems like the painful truth of it all.

That is certainly what it feels like.
    Of course it must be frustrating to know you want rid of certain players and find they are still around. Or to get the player you want (Lo Celso) but not get him in time to get him fit. There are plenty of extenuating factors. We don't know the future and maybe the team and Poch will come together and surprise us. Bournemouth home could be key because I certainly don;t fancy playing Chelsea near Christmas, when we are in this form.

9. Nigeyman

Nigeyman Dean Austin

Yeah I’m not feeling reasonable today, I don’t know why? Definitely an angry day again...

excuse my irksome nature, yet it’s like that episode of the Simpsons when Mr Burns goes broke and he’s surrounded by yes men...’but I made all the right decisions didn’t I?

yes...yes...yes...yes of course you did.

how long do we let this abysmal brick show go on for? We’re a laughing stock.

I’m just waiting for someone to say ‘poch has earned the right to get us relegated, and then I’ll really go doo lally quackers...cluck, cluck mgoo.

StephenH likes this.
  10. StephenH

StephenH Dimitar Berbatov

Love it!

11. Nigeyman

Nigeyman Dean Austin

Yes I won’t deny he’s had setbacks, we all do, and we’re mostly judged by how we plot our way through them.

still if I had the likes of Kane, Moura, Son, the Dane, Alli, Jan, Toby, Sanchez, I’d go into most games excited.

There’s no excuses in the world for our form, none at all, and living off ...can’t really call it past glories...doesn’t make me feel any better about the fact we cannot buy a league win.

if we get humiliated in a few weeks then it’s time to part ways and long overdue, it would be best for both parties.

12. MKSpur

MKSpur Jonathan Woodgate

If we lose against Spammers I wouldn’t sack him until the next game solely to not let them think they were responsible! If memory serves we haven’t had a great record against them with Poch even when we were playing well!?

13. StephenH

StephenH Dimitar Berbatov

Quite correct!
    Post of the day!:cool:

14. Nigeyman

Nigeyman Dean Austin

understandable...

15. Nigeyman

Nigeyman Dean Austin

there is nothing quite like the rumblings of fair weather fans...;)

StephenH likes this.
  16. Mikey10

Mikey10 Terry Fenwick

If we lost badly to West Ham I think Poch would still be given the Olympiacos game. A win there and it’s guaranteed CL football after Christmas, and that’s not going to hurt when it comes to recruiting a replacement.

Still can’t quite believe it’s come to the point where we’re all speculating on this...:(

17. Raziel

Raziel Nick Barmby

It's actually crazy mate, the statistics, records, data is all there to see. We are now a season and a third into form that is around 14th place and our form has been moving downward for a third season.

Yet folks are having a completely twilight zone conversation about how we can expect to outperform Pool & City because of our wages and squad like we are sitting in 6th or something ..

And the same people want underperforming players out of this club as quickly as possible but happy to sit and watch an underperforming manager drag the club continuously down based on some weird logic that we owe something to a guy that we pay 8M a year. Let me not comment on how somehow a manager who has achieved top 4 with no trophies is "unreplaceable" and there is no one on market as good ..

Well at least I don't have to watch us play more brick this week-end . might actually be able to enjoy the fudging week-end.

18. Denmark Spur

Denmark Spur Chris Armstrong

19. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Dean Richards

So what’s “exclusive” in that article?

spurs' magna carter likes this.
  20. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Barry Daines

Their winging it