• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

We need to realise the potential - or sell - a number of players before signing more.

The likes of Moura, Sissoko, Lamela, Aurier, CCV, Foyth, Wanyama, Winks all have potential and a lot to prove. Any that Poch doesn’t want should be loaned out. I guess Rose fits that category. A shame as he’s a good player when focused.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Value is an interesting concept, and honestly not that easily predicted.

Lots of things weigh in on it, not all tangible. They dont even play Martial, he is surplus to requirements - but are desperate for a proper CB. That should play to our favour.

Personally I thought a straight swap wasnt unreasonable.
Man United want Martial - Jose doesn't - think its Joses last year there so think they want to keep Martial.

Lots of things weigh in on it, not all tangible. They dont even play Martial, he is surplus to requirements - but are desperate for a proper CB. That should play to our favour.

Yeah they my well be saying, they dont even play alderweireld, he is surplus to requirements - but are desperate for a proper backup to Kane. That should play to our favour

Plus Martial is younger and isnt available for 25mil next year.

Having said that, they look ridiculous at the moment, and are waaaay more desperate than us

Man United want Martial - Jose doesn't - think its Joses last year there so think they want to keep Martial.

Another thing that could weigh on it - point being its not entirely obvious/logical is it?

Yeah they my well be saying, they dont even play alderweireld, he is surplus to requirements - but are desperate for a proper backup to Kane. That should play to our favour

Plus Martial is younger and isnt available for 25mil next year.

Having said that, they look ridiculous at the moment, and are waaaay more desperate than us

And thats why, I suspect, its at a deadlock.

Realistically though, without Alderweireld our CB options are significantly weaker, while Martial would be a suppliment to our squad - not essential to our team.

Conversely, Martial is clearly 3rd or so choice in attack, but they are in dire need of a CB.

I can understand people arguing either way (and as I said, for that reason I think thats why its deadlocked) but for me their need is greater than ours.

And now the clock is ticking, will it remain as it is or will one side crack?

Yeah that's fair. Attackers tend to be more expensive than defenders usually but who knows.

A proper rant from Poch about people making too much of a drama out of football decisions

I think it’s never they [Alderweireld, Rose, Dembele] were away from our thoughts. They are Tottenham players and always they were in my plans. Different situations, sure the players have different targets in their careers but not only them but the rest of the players. Look, for me it’s always the same, for me they are part of the team. Like always, for me it’s about to take the right decision. Unfortunately I can only pick 11 every single game. I am a person who always tries to be fair with everyone. But sometimes you cannot be fair when you can only pick 11, you cannot pick 12 or 13 or 14 in a squad with 25 players. Sure you cannot be fair with everyone. Look I am so clear. I was so clear with everyone. I need their commitment. 25 players will full commitment but not only one week, two weeks, one month and if I no play then I give up and start to say ‘The gaffer is a bad guy’. No it’s not a drama.

I think football we make it all a little bit drama and football is not a drama. Drama is another thing. Health is drama, war is drama. I don’t want to be a demagogue. But drama is many things in life but football is joy, to enjoy. It provides you with a lot in life to enjoy. I am such a privileged person thanks to that passion that is football. I can be here, I can talk English, I can learn English, I can travel around the world. I give to my people, to my family, my parents, my brothers and friends, try to help and give a very good life.

That is why sometimes I am so upset if one person can’t play a game it looks like it’s a massive drama. It’s not a drama. There are many things that don’t help the situations that happen. We need to try to be responsible, to be professional, but knowing that football is not a drama, it is a joy. Of course people that invest a lot of money in football it is a drama to lose money. But nobody put a gun to their head and said invest in football. Football is about to win or lose. The problem is when there is not a good balance between winning and losing and it’s more about business and money. In that money yes you start to feel that football is a drama.

I want to be away from that drama and I need feel that emotion and translate to my players that football is emotions. It’s the context of emotions. Yes it’s a business, it’s about money, but when you are on the pitch you need to feel you love the game. If you don’t love the game and your priority is business that it’s difficult to enjoy your game and you cannot sure enjoy with your team-mates, your family or your fans. This is why it’s so important to make it clear that football is not a drama. We make a lot of drama and in the real life are a lot of dramas. Football decisions are not things that we need to put in a situation that looks like it is something we cannot deal with.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...cio-pochettino-press-conference-live-15009070

Look forward to all the threads about what he meant by drama in about 3 months.

And you know they will be, and the chances are they will be from the same folks who have TRIED to make a point about what Poch meant when he talked about being brave.

I love Poch.

I'd fudging love it if we signed no-one, kept Toby / Rose / Dembele, and they all got on side again and played a key part in us having a great season.

If the three of them stay and don't sulk, our squad is strong as fudge - we really have no areas that we're desperate to buy in - one more attacking player would be nice, but we already have Moura (who only started 2 PL games last season and will now be raring to go).

fudge the modern obsession with splashing the cash every year.

COYS

I love Poch.

I'd fudging love it if we signed no-one, kept Toby / Rose / Dembele, and they all got on side again and played a key part in us having a great season.

If the three of them stay and don't sulk, our squad is strong as fudge - we really have no areas that we're desperate to buy in - one more attacking player would be nice, but we already have Moura (who only started 2 PL games last season and will now be raring to go).

fudge the modern obsession with splashing the cash every year.

COYS

Well said Daniel.
And thanks for all you're hard work on our brilliant new stadium.

I believe we need to splash the cash on one genuinely talented player each year, every year.

Otherwise in a few years we are suddenly trying to find/attract/afford several of these players at once, and end up settling for Jimmy Tits from Grimsby.

I dont know about "splash the cash", exactly, but getting in some real quality each season is all we really need (be that expensive or not!).

The team is excellent, it takes real quality to strengthen it, and it doesnt need major surgery - so just keep topping it up and we will be fine.

And, of course, continue with our policy on speculating on good youth to supplement that.

I believe we need to splash the cash on one genuinely talented player each year, every year.

Otherwise in a few years we are suddenly trying to find/attract/afford several of these players at once, and end up settling for Jimmy Tits from Grimsby.

He's good though, young Titty. The new Messi, or so I hear.

Back