• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

You know, I'm starting to lose count of the number of clubs' supporters who say similar things about us. Okay, Southampton fans' bitterness in this case is perhaps understandable, but what have we done to **** off the rest of footballdom? Are we so unlovable? :(

I suspect we're seen as overly ambitious by the middling clubs ('how dare they dream about improving their lot? We haven't, why should they? Expectant ****s...'), overly snobbish by the 'agricultural' clubs ('Bloody snobs, with their demands for tippy tappy one touch bullcrap, preaching to us from up high how to play the game. What's wrong with a few balls in the mixer, a bit of rough-housing, etcetera....Snobbish ****s....'), and 'London-based' by everyone outside the capital ('Bloody Spurs, no success but still so much money to play with. London-based ****s....'). All that in addition to the fans of the 'big' clubs, who just hate us because we want to become one of them. A perfect storm of hate ,really.

Let them hate and choke in their own bile, I say. They'll still be middling or eminently unlovable themselves. We'll still be Spurs, and we'll know what the value of that in due time.

BoqDK6gIgAEJc3H.jpg

article-2098771-09A86851000005DC-363_634x418.jpg

Would love to see something like that on the opening day, hopefully at the Lane on th 16th

Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger has pledged to continue to develop the club and said the search for a new manager has already started.

Krueger said: "The Club has been on a constant path of growth since the arrival of Markus Liebherr in 2009. This growth took place before Mauricio came, it continued strongly under his leadership, and it will continue into the next season. The Board's job is to find opportunity in this challenge and to continue to move the club forward.

"We have begun the search for a new high-calibre manager. We will be looking for a manager that shares our values, our principles and our philosophy; a manager who can continue to grow the first team and build on our strong foundation - a foundation led by an ambitious vision and plan that continues to build on our world-class academy, our amazing 129-year heritage and our excellent staff, and rewards our loyal and passionate fan base."

AVB's high pressing game was pretty good to watch initially early in the 2012-2013 season. The problem was that as time went on the pressing seemed to dwindle and eventually just stop all together.

Adebayor is FAR better than Lambert. Lamela should be able to play the same role as Rodriguez.

It was? I must've missed that game.

You know, I'm starting to lose count of the number of clubs' supporters who say similar things about us. Okay, Southampton fans' bitterness in this case is perhaps understandable, but what have we done to **** off the rest of footballdom? Are we so unlovable? :(

Interestingly - in our last season under Redknapp we seemed to be the "second team" of a huge number of supporters of clubs who played outside the premiership. On my travels I met a huge number of people who said that they loved the way that we played and they really hoped that we won the league, etc, etc.

Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger has pledged to continue to develop the club and said the search for a new manager has already started.

Krueger said: "The Club has been on a constant path of growth since the arrival of Markus Liebherr in 2009. This growth took place before Mauricio came, it continued strongly under his leadership, and it will continue into the next season. The Board's job is to find opportunity in this challenge and to continue to move the club forward.

"We have begun the search for a new high-calibre manager. We will be looking for a manager that shares our values, our principles and our philosophy; a manager who can continue to grow the first team and build on our strong foundation - a foundation led by an ambitious vision and plan that continues to build on our world-class academy, our amazing 129-year heritage and our excellent staff, and rewards our loyal and passionate fan base."

They should try to get FdB, he'd be magnificent for them and it would be a coup if they could pull that one off. I don't begrudge them their success, just as I don't begrudge them their current anger towards us. I just hope that once the storm dies down, they'll have managed to retain the majority of their players: it would be a direr league without Southampton.

(Of course, if we could get Lallana and Lovren too, then f*ck them to high hell if that's what it takes :) )

This feels similar to when Redknapp joined in 2008. As with HR, a relatively unpopular choice with fans, not expected to last more than 12-18 months, takes on a talented squad performing well below potential.

From the tone of Levy and Poch's respective statements, its seems that his proclaimed/perceived predilection for 'attacking football' was instrumental in getting him the gig.

Here we go again. Unproven manager, has never won anything. Not cheap either and wont be given any time to build.

Whats the point?

As opposed to a manager who sucked enjoyment out of the club and had won everything in Portugal with 3 great players who disguised his lack of ability to actually manage football players?

No, I'm getting a good vibe on this one! I had the exact opposite feeling last time!

Welcome Mr Pochettino!

Interestingly - in our last season under Redknapp we seemed to be the "second team" of a huge number of supporters of clubs who played outside the premiership. On my travels I met a huge number of people who said that they loved the way that we played and they really hoped that we won the league, etc, etc.

Yep, the 'hatred' seems to be confined to domestic supporters. Foreign supporters, in the main, appear to be more amenable towards us.

Welcome Mr Pochettino.

I guess Baldini flying out to Spain today on business means we already have a list of targets arranged which Poch agrees on. I have more confidence about this guy than I did when we hired AVB.

I suspect the biggest factor in Levy's decision was, 'I've just spend £110m on the squad.. who would be prepared to make this work and prove I'm not a complete mug'

I won't drag up old ground (especially on the thread devoted to our new saviour) but it certainly didn't start as it ended (and that is coming from one of AVB's biggest critics on here - if you look at my posting history you'd see this).

Fair enough. But I disagree - the style was dire from day one IMO.

Regarding the appointment, I'll echo many others - never my first choice, but I'll support him none the less.

This feels similar to when Redknapp joined in 2008. As with HR, a relatively unpopular choice with fans, not expected to last more than 12-18 months, takes on a talented squad performing well below potential.

Different ends of the spectrum though.

Poch is a young exciting progressive, if slightly unproven and unknown, coach. Redknapp was a journeyman who had achieved little in a very long career, and who everyone knew and generally disliked.

What I'm getting at is the hostility towards Redknapp was informed, whereas the ambivalence towards Poch is because of his lower profile.

Back