• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

Could it not be that he was just left on the bench for any normal footballing reasons?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

They've already bought Rojo and Blind is a LvG boy. Vlaar would cost 1/3 of Musacchio and much easier to get it done. I think you could be right.
Arsenal? They are going all out for a striker and a DM - especially after Artetas injury. I don't think they could use £25-30 mill on Mussachio in that case.

Having sold Vermaelen, Arsenal will certainly be looking for a replacement. Otherwise the only central defenders they have are Koscielny, Mertesacker and Chambers.

And I get the impression that Utd are not at all interested in going for the cheap option now. I think it's suddenly dawned on them that LVG can't do it all on his own and that they are in serious danger of missing out on the Champions League for a second season running unless they invest massively over the next week or so.

Last edited:
Seemed pretty clear that he was gettable for us - as in, he wanted to join us. The problem was the fee, made worse by the complications with the third party ownership. If someone else gets him now it's because they're willing to pay more than we were willing to pay I think. I can live with that.

We can all live with it.

But it would still be hugely disappointing to see a Premier League rival snap him up and him then go on to be an outstanding, top class player for them. There would always be that nagging "if only" about him.

Anyway, if Poch still wants him now that we've seemingly lined up Fazio, let's hope that we can still get him - if not now, then in January or next summer.

Back