• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated
AS understand Spurs hold an interest in Argentinian and Villarreal central defender Mateo Musacchio. #THFC

He's looked solid when I've seen him. Calm on the ball and likes to play with it ala Chiriches/Vertonghen.

Havent seen anything of him in real life but know he is highly rated and progresses to be a top CB in FM, certainly in the last 2-3 versions so he must be quality!!!

Being an Argie, i'd be very confident in him signing as I am sure Poch will know all about him.

I'd like to know how good he is in the air.

If we're losing Dawson and can't rely on Kaboul to be fit, then we'll be sorely lacking in physical presence at the back. Jan is biggish but not the most dominating when defending crosses. And that area of the game is definitely Chiriches' biggest weakness.

According to wiki, Musacchio is 6 ft - on the small side for a Premier League CB and much the same as Vlad. We'd have to hope that his height belies his strength and ability to win aerial duels.

He's looked solid when I've seen him. Calm on the ball and likes to play with it ala Chiriches/Vertonghen.

Is he powerful enough to play alongside one of them though? One issue we have at the moment is that Verts and Vlad are too similar to play together.

Vertonghens replacement according to a lot of reports this morning.

Verts who talked this week about the new 5 year contract he is finalising?

I'd like to know how good he is in the air.

If we're losing Dawson and can't rely on Kaboul to be fit, then we'll be sorely lacking in physical presence at the back. Jan is biggish but not the most dominating when defending crosses. And that area of the game is definitely Chiriches' biggest weakness.

According to wiki, Musacchio is 6 ft - on the small side for a Premier League CB and much the same as Vlad. We'd have to hope that his height belies his strength and ability to win aerial duels.

Puyol, Cannavaro, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Toure, Bruce, Vidic.. all on the "small side" for defenders yet beasts in the air.

Is he powerful enough to play alongside one of them though? One issue we have at the moment is that Verts and Vlad are too similar to play together.

Verts who talked this week about the new 5 year contract he is finalising?

Not seen enough Im afraid, dont watch much Villarreal. Here is a clip of him against Barca though..

[video=youtube;ssN5wgvGXng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssN5wgvGXng[/video]

Vertonghen -> Barcelona, £20m.

Dier + Musacchio in -> £15m.

--

Still think we'd need another centre half.

I'd be pretty confident it will be Dawson and Kaboul departing. I'm sure we could raise £15m from those two combined.

Is there enough size and power in Verts, Musacchio, Chiriches and Dier as a foursome though? There's certainly a lot of good ballplaying.

At least Poch knows a lot about being a rugged CB.

Puyol, Cannavaro, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Toure, Bruce, Vidic.. all on the "small side" for defenders yet beasts in the air.

Indeed. Les Ferdinand too, albeit in a different position. Only 5'11 but terrorised much bigger defenders in the air.

I'm not saying that Musacchio can't be good in the air. I'm merely throwing the question out there. Because the one thing we don't need is another ball playing centre back who is vulnerable against crosses. That's fine in La Liga but not in the Premier League.

I'd be pretty confident it will be Dawson and Kaboul departing. I'm sure we could raise £15m from those two combined.

Is there enough size and power in Verts, Musacchio, Chiriches and Dier as a foursome though? There's certainly a lot of good ballplaying.

At least Poch knows a lot about being a rugged CB.

I would have said that Chiriches is more likely to leave than Kaboom. Maybe a quarter of Verts, Kaboul, this argie chap and Dier?

Back