• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Kovacic

For a millionaire jet set lifestyle London is incredible and tops the rest easily.

All the top stars are millionaires, but most of them would rather go to Manchester or Liverpool where they are more likely to earn much more than they would at Spurs, so on average big bucks outweighs London

All the top stars are millionaires, but most of them would rather go to Manchester or Liverpool where they are more likely to earn much more than they would at Spurs, so on average big bucks outweighs London

Earn more and housing is cheaper too I'd imagine.......more spare cash to spend on hoes, flash cars, bling

I don't think Poch wants players who are only after the big bucks. He's looking to build a squad that is hungry and focused on the game and winning titles as part of "THE" project. I suspect when players or their agents take on that $$$ approach, it inevitably lead to the downfall of their relationships with him and the club.

As for Mateo K, I'd love to see him in a Spurs shirt based on what I've seen of him.

Completely unsubstantiated.

London in bigger, more culture, more clubs and restaurants, much easier access to the continent - its where its all happening.

And with Chelsea and Arsenal etc in town wages are hardly something to worry about.

Im very confident it is a bigger pull than either Manchester or Liverpool.

Surely any RM player will wait to see who the new manager is and whether they will give them first team football? I doubt any RM player will leave until after they have had at least a chat with the new manager.

Bargain

I'd really see him as a van der Vaart signing. There's an absolutely brilliant player in there, who just needs the right environment/the chance to become the main man (out of Modric/Kroos/Rakitic shadows)

Every summer we are linked to this guy

Every summer there is an article about him being unhappy about the lack of playing time

And what happens .....he decides to stay

Clearly he would be a great signing however:

- firstly Real need to agree to let him go, and that sounds like at best a 50/50 chance given recent comments from them

- then we need to convince him to join us rather than others. In terms of others, Arse need a CM, Man U need to replace Carrick (Kovacic is very like for like for him), Man C will also look at big name players, Cheatski cant be discounted (though the club is in flux at the moment given the manager situation), Bayern have a new Croatian manager and deep pockets, and the Italians and PSG can't be ignored

Not saying we shouldn't try or that he wouldn't be a great addition, but feels unlikely to me

Last edited:
What say do Real have when he has a release clause? Are they not obliged to accept it and present the move to the player if someone bids that amount?

Technically, yes. However, the reality is that clubs can and have ignored release clauses before.

Look at Suarez and Liverpool - Arsenal bid 1 pound above his release clause (I think a total of 40,000,001), and that was supposed to trigger it.

Liverpool ignored it - very publicly so. Because they gambled that Suarez wouldn't take them to the Court of Arbitration for Sport over a move to Arsenal of all places. And, if he did, they could argue that Arsenal knowing about the clause was in itself a violation of Suarez's contract, because that entailed that they had tapped him up behind the scenes or talked to his agent.

In that case, they gambled right, and Suarez didn't mind that they ignored his release clause in that instance. But it really does depend on the relationship between the selling club, the bidding club and the player.

Technically, yes. However, the reality is that clubs can and have ignored release clauses before.

Look at Suarez and Liverpool - Arsenal bid 1 pound above his release clause (I think a total of 40,000,001), and that was supposed to trigger it.

Liverpool ignored it - very publicly so. Because they gambled that Suarez wouldn't take them to the Court of Arbitration for Sport over a move to Arsenal of all places. And, if he did, they could argue that Arsenal knowing about the clause was in itself a violation of Suarez's contract, because that entailed that they had tapped him up behind the scenes or talked to his agent.

In that case, they gambled right, and Suarez didn't mind that they ignored his release clause in that instance. But it really does depend on the relationship between the selling club, the bidding club and the player.

Release clauses are legally binding in Spain and Portugal in a way they aren't in other countries.

UTD EYE KOVACIC MOVE

Manchester United eye move for Real Madrid's wantaway midfielder Mateo Kovacic, according to the Daily Mail. However, according toMarca, Real are unwilling to let the Croatia midfielder leave the club.

Kovacic publicly expressed his desire to leave the Bernabeu in search of regular first-team football over the course of the weekend.

Madrid have been aware of Kovacic’s desire to seek pastures new for a while and will not make it easy for him to leave as they want him to stay.

The Croatia international forms part of the club’s plans and those of new coach Julen Lopetegui. In addition, the European champions believe he will be their long-term replacement for Luka Modric, who turns 33 in September.

The 24-year-old, who signed from Inter for €30m in 2015, is contracted to Madrid until 2021 with a buyout clause set at around.

Back