• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mark Clattenburg

Was he not the ref when Nani scored "that" goal when Gomes put the ball down to take a goal kick

Yes - he was, sir

article-1325804-0BD72A74000005DC-947_468x286.jpg

article-1325804-0BD71C7C000005DC-619_468x347.jpg

mark_clattenburg_1751434c.jpg

Am reading about the Society of Black Lawyers getting involved on Mikkels part, is there a Society of White Lawyers too or would that be deemed racist, no doubt in this world it would

What about Chelsea sorting out the fans who broke up chairs, and threw them onto the pitch along with lighters and coins and also injuring a steward, oh no lets deflect all the blame on a ref who suposedly said something that was deemed innapropriate, totally pathetic..

Mark Clattenburg stood down as FA investigates Chelsea allegations

Last Updated: October 29, 2012 8:05pm

An official complaint from Chelsea alleges the referee twice overstepped the mark in separate incidents during the club's 3-2 home defeat to Manchester United on Sunday.

One of the incidents under investigation is understood to have involved Blues midfielder John Obi Mikel.

Clattenburg has promised to co-operate with the FA's ongoing probe, but in the meantime he has been stood down by the body which regulates top-flight officials.

A statement from the Professional Game Match Officials read: "We believe that, with any football match, the focus should not be on the officials but on the players and the game itself.

"Mark Clattenburg is one of the elite referees in world football and, in these circumstances, the intense level of scrutiny would detract from the match and be unfair to the clubs and the supporters of both sides."

Clattenburg wore a microphone at Stamford Bridge to help him communicate with his three assistants, who are all likely to be interviewed as the FA seeks to establish what was said.

The referee, meanwhile, is thought to have submitted an 'extraordinary incident report' - usually filed on matters that may require FA intervention.

And referees' union Prospect released a statement which read: "Prospect is offering full support to Mark Clattenburg in relation to the allegations made against him. It is now important that the allegations are fully investigated."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...d-down-as-FA-investigates-Chelsea-allegations

Police called on to investigate Mark Clattenburg comments

Last Updated: October 30, 2012 7:52am

The referee is already under scrutiny from the Football Association after Chelsea complained about two instances of his "inappropriate language" during Sunday's defeat to Manchester United.

One incident is understood to have involved John Obi Mikel, though reports of a racial element in the alleged language have not been confirmed by Chelsea or any of their players.

Clattenburg has been stood down from this weekend's programme and is co-operating with the FA's ongoing probe, but in the meantime the Society of Black Lawyers wants the police to look into whether a criminal offence has been committed.

A letter from the organisation's chairman Peter Herbert to the Metropolitan Police Service read: "The Society of Black Lawyers wishes to record the incident that took place at Chelsea FC.

"Our information is that racist remarks were directed at John Mikel Obi and at Juan Mata. If so, that is wholly unacceptable in any circumstances.

"Although this matter may be investigated by the FA, it is appropriate that the MPS independently see if a racially-aggravated offence has occurred."

The Met Police later confirmed a complaint has been received and said they will work with both Chelsea and the FA to "consider any allegation that is made".

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...d-on-to-investigate-Mark-Clattenburg-comments

Police called on to investigate Mark Clattenburg comments

Last Updated: October 30, 2012 7:52am

The referee is already under scrutiny from the Football Association after Chelsea complained about two instances of his "inappropriate language" during Sunday's defeat to Manchester United.

One incident is understood to have involved John Obi Mikel, though reports of a racial element in the alleged language have not been confirmed by Chelsea or any of their players.

Clattenburg has been stood down from this weekend's programme and is co-operating with the FA's ongoing probe, but in the meantime the Society of Black Lawyers wants the police to look into whether a criminal offence has been committed.

A letter from the organisation's chairman Peter Herbert to the Metropolitan Police Service read: "The Society of Black Lawyers wishes to record the incident that took place at Chelsea FC.

"Our information is that racist remarks were directed at John Mikel Obi and at Juan Mata. If so, that is wholly unacceptable in any circumstances.

"Although this matter may be investigated by the FA, it is appropriate that the MPS independently see if a racially-aggravated offence has occurred."

The Met Police later confirmed a complaint has been received and said they will work with both Chelsea and the FA to "consider any allegation that is made".

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...d-on-to-investigate-Mark-Clattenburg-comments

Why didnt this society get involved when Terry racially abused Ferdinand or was it because Chelsea have put them upto this to try and deflect all blame onto the ref

Are they possibly trying to scare refs off and have them buckle under player-pressure and abuse every time a diffcult call needs to be made on the field?

Mess with us - we'll end your career

Last edited:
Even though Clattenburg is a taco, this does seem like a massive witch hunt. Seems rather convenient its come out now in the wake of the Terry incident and their own fans injuring a steward. Can't believe suddenly Clattenburg would lose all decorum and suddenly start using racist expletives

Even though Clattenburg is a taco, this does seem like a massive witch hunt. Seems rather convenient its come out now in the wake of the Terry incident and their own fans injuring a steward. Can't believe suddenly Clattenburg would lose all decorum and suddenly start using racist expletives

Exactly, massive deflection tactic on the scumbags part, its really quite pathetic, there are reports that the Chelsea players stormed the refs room after the game and threatened to do Clattenburg

So would I. I think that broadcasting their mike live would make it easier to enforce.

It would never happen - that much foul language on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon would cause outrage. The FA (and Sky) would never allow their "product" to be unsuitable for kids, families, happy-go-lucky Christians and other big spenders.

parental-advisory-explicit-lyrics.jpg

It would never happen - that much foul language on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon would cause outrage. The FA (and Sky) would never allow their "product" to be unsuitable for kids, families, happy-go-lucky Christians and other big spenders.

View attachment 1071

Perhaps that would be a great opportunity to finally eradicate this type of language and abuse from the field of play.

If ruggers can do it - why can't footballers?

Exactly, massive deflection tactic on the scumbags part, its really quite pathetic, there are reports that the Chelsea players stormed the refs room after the game and threatened to do Clattenburg

What puts me off football sometimes. Professional footballers are put in a bubble from a young age and given far too much money. The result of this, they just grow up acting like middle aged children in a playground. This incident screams of that kind of mentality. There really are hardly any footballers I respect today.

this.

I dont like Clattenburg, but that is partly based on that you might beleive that he is biased against us, based on his decisions against us over the year. But there is not a chance in hell that he used racial slurs in a match, no chance.

The abuse that ref get are extraordinary, maybe he said something back, but whatever it was, it was not racial. Also, I think that the ref is in full right to answer back if threatened. This is a massive witch hunt, and the darlings of the FA, Chelsea, are at it again. Obi Mikel should be more concerned about his captain than Clattenburg

Perhaps that would be a great opportunity to finally eradicate this type of language and abuse from the field of play.

If ruggers can do it - why can't footballers?

True, nothing would be better, and I agree 100 %.

When Rooney shouts "fudge off you clown shoe" (so clearly that you don't need any sound to know what he just said) directly into a referees face, on nationwide TV, and blatantly gets away with it, what sort of role model is he to younger kids? How do we then expect future pros to respect the referees, if they at a young age see that it is perfectly fine to abuse referees?

Just reading about Mikel and how he apparently expects to be able to challenge the referees' decisions - well then, why have referees? Why have someone to control the game if you allow players to undermine said person's authority on a regular basis? I'm all for refs being accountable for blatant mistakes, but I think - as many has proposed before me - that a system that only allows the team's captains to approach the referee is a good solution, as well as a zero tolerance level for abuse.

That doesn't mean players I can't dance with decisions, they're just not allowed to show it by screaming at the referees face like spoiled brats.

I know this has been raised before in threads but I still don't understand why nothing is done?...

Like many others on here I've played non-league sat/sun football (to a half-decent level) for years and from about 10 years ago there was a real push to sort out language.. In the same way things such as "Refs checking your studs" etc were introduced, there was also a time when refs used to come into the changing rooms before games and say ''Lads, I don't mind anyone swearing out of frustration, sometimes it can't be helped, but swearing at others and especially directed at me and you'll be straight off"
I have lost count of the times some ****y fella has said something like "Ref, that's f**king shocking" or something similar and been sent straight off.
It's hard to complain when you've been warned beforehand, if anything your teammates will call you a c**t for being such an idiot!!

Now why can't they just say swearing at a ref will be punished from now on. I know people will say it will end up 9 v 9 but it wouldn't take long for players that were getting sent off to start being viewed as complete idiots and managers to start clamping down on their squads behaviour.

Does my head in cos it's a much easier problem to solve than diving etc..

this.

I dont like Clattenburg, but that is partly based on that you might beleive that he is biased against us, based on his decisions against us over the year. But there is not a chance in hell that he used racial slurs in a match, no chance.

The abuse that ref get are extraordinary, maybe he said something back, but whatever it was, it was not racial. Also, I think that the ref is in full right to answer back if threatened. This is a massive witch hunt, and the darlings of the FA, Chelsea, are at it again. Obi Mikel should be more concerned about his captain than Clattenburg

I worry this case could set a precedent. If a group of players are able to end a refs career by grouping together and putting together some story about alleged racist abuse as they are unhappy with decisions, its going to make referees tread on egg shells and avoid making tough calls. If the balance of power shifts to the players and not the ref it will have grave consequences for football in general

The example set in the professional game sets the example for kids and parents at youth level. There is enough difficultly getting referees at that level as it is.

Glad to read dingdongo's comment about them being strict and giving red cards in sat/sun football. It really is that easy if you follow the policy strictly. Yet as soon as they try anything in the PL the managers complain and blame the referee instead of their players. If persevered with, the managers would have to deal with their players or get used to playing with nine men every week (and you can't make up racist allegations every week).

The respect campaign can go both ways. In return to getting absolute protection from abuse and badgering by mobs of players, the referee should be expected to explain a decision to the captain of the team. They do this in rugby. Although it can get out of hand. A certain mouthy Aussie captain, who we shall call George, was constantly talking to the referee and questioning every decision. The ref responded something like "tinkle off, George. I'm refereeing this game". That moment alone was worth miking the referees.

Back