• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mark Clattenburg

It doesn't matter what Clattenberg has to hear from players, it is his job to take the higher moral ground and lead by example. If he is swearing at players that is inappropriate.
If more refs booked players who said inappropriate things to them then the situation would resolve itself. At the moment it is out of control and seems to be getting worse in this country in particular.

Oh, I wholly agree that players should be booked (and sent off if repeated) for foul language. This should be combined with a mandatory yellow for the team captain when multiple players crowd a ref after disagreeing with a decision (imagine how many yellows Terry would have had if that rule was in effect?).

So that part I couldn't agree more with. But should Clattenburg have to retire ("has to go" as you put it) if he did indeed tell a chelsea player to fudge off? Bit of an overreaction IMO.

I'd like to see ref's and assistant ref's conversations being broadcast like in rugby. It would force the players to behave better and people watching would understand why decisions are being made.

Oh, I wholly agree that players should be booked (and sent off if repeated) for foul language. This should be combined with a mandatory yellow for the team captain when multiple players crowd a ref after disagreeing with a decision (imagine how many yellows Terry would have had if that rule was in effect?).

So that part I couldn't agree more with. But should Clattenburg have to retire ("has to go" as you put it) if he did indeed tell a chelsea player to fudge off? Bit of an overreaction IMO.

If he told a Chelsea player to fudge off he deserves a medal.

Its a no brainer for me should have been done years ago, unfortunately will most likely have to go through a 2 year trial period in unknown leagues before it considered. Half time camera in the dressing room would be awesome as well, although i guess for tactical reasons i.e watching in on the opposition this might not work. Would love to see refs employed who can really handle themselves and have the balls and freedom to get right back in a players face when hes getting screamed at, you know a ref who is just a fudging hard nutcase who scares the brick out of players.

I'm with Chelski on this one! Yesterday showed how incompetent this ref is and always has been.
If he has sworn at a player, or used inappropriate language (i.e. swearing words) then he has to go.
We can't expect footballers to behave in a certain way if referees cannot.

Two different issues here.

One is the view of his decisions, which are causing a stir.
The other is the language accusation, which is not in any way related to the decisions.. so why would you be with Chelsea for making such a strong statement about alleged language based on his performance? totally different things. If he has been a naughty boy, then sure.. but then that club's captain was a naughty boy and the club said they did something but didn't say what. Perhaps they should lead by example rather than accusing others.

Players get away with so much and have done for so long. Perhaps we should just expect players to behave a certain way, full stop, and punish them if/when they don't. This referee incident is a very rare one, player language is definitely not.

If Mikel's been abused then the officials career has to be over.

All a bit convenient though isn't it. Chelsea were out of control yesterday.

I'd expect one of the officials to blow the whistle on the ref if they can corroborate the allegations.

Make no mistake... Clattenburg is a **** of the highest order... wasn't it HE who disallowed Mends' 'GOAL' against Man Utd...? He clearly has an agenda..

No way was it Clattenburg - not back then 7 or 8 years ago.

Clattenburg should say he said the following;

Jon Obi Mikel, "Did you just call be a black @#$%?"

Clattenburg, "No I didn't just call you a black @#$%."

Save himself a shed load of lawyers fees.

Mikel responded after team-mates David Luiz and Ramires told him they believed he had been racially abused by the FIFA official moments after he was booked at Stamford Bridge.

Now Sportsmail can reveal details of the dialogue that is alleged to have taken place between Mikel and Clattenburg that led to the 76th-minute incident which the Chelsea players claim to have heard.

Mikel did not hear the alleged abuse, but Ramires and Luiz are prepared to make statements saying they did.

In the explosive scenes that followed the final whistle, Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo and chief executive Ron Gourlay had to stop Mikel attacking Clattenburg during the confrontation.

Heated conversations between Mikel and the referee had begun when Fernando Torres was sent off after being booked for ‘aggressive simulation’.

The central midfielder continued to cross swords with Clattenburg during the next few frantic minutes as he demanded an explanation for the decision.

Mikel wanted to know why Torres had been booked for a second time when Chelsea’s players were convinced he had been caught by Jonny Evans on his way through on goal in the 68th minute. When Clattenburg told Mikel to keep quiet and to get on with the game, the Nigeria midfielder continued to protest.

It is understood the player used words to the effect of: ‘Why can’t we stand up for ourselves, why can’t we challenge your decisions?’

The dismissal of Torres had reduced Chelsea to nine men, coming on top of the 63rd-minute red card for Branislav Ivanovic, and emotions were running high.

When Torres was sent off, Di Matteo and Sir Alex Ferguson clashed on the touchline as coaching staff from both clubs spilled into the technical area. Clattenburg appeared to have the game under control again until the moment Javier Hernandez scored United’s winner from an offside position in the 75th minute.

As United celebrated near the corner of the West Stand and Matthew Harding Stand, some Chelsea supporters threw coins and a seat on to the field.

Clattenburg soon restored order but Mikel was in his ear again and making the same complaints, saying the decision to send off Torres was the reason Chelsea would lose the game.

Clattenburg booked him for dissent in the 76th minute and it is at this moment that Ramires and Luiz allege they heard the midfielder being racially abused by a referee who is known for having a dismissive and patronising tone when he talks to players about their behaviour.

Mikel was immediately told about the allegation, but decided to wait until after the game to confront Clattenburg with the claims.

Chelsea have also confirmed a separate incident, understood to involve Juan Mata, after claims that Clattenburg called him ‘a Spanish t**t’.

Mata is an astute and intelligent professional and, according to sources at the club, he was visibly shocked when he heard Clattenburg’s insult.

Chelsea’s position had not changed on Monday night and the incident was the talk of their Cobham training ground in Surrey during the day. Many of the players were in for a light session after the 3-2 defeat against United and they eagerly discussed Clattenburg’s behaviour.

Some of them will face United again in the Capital One Cup at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night as Chelsea prepare for another lengthy spell in the spotlight.

Although the players are ready for another FA investigation, it is understood that Manchester United are unable to help with their enquiries.

Most of their players have been asked if they heard — or were made aware of — either incident, but they are unable to provide any assistance.

Mikel has since told team-mates he intends to pursue the matter and they have agreed to provide statements to the FA if asked.

Following the angry scenes in the referee’s room, witnessed by Clattenburg’s assistants Michael McDonough and Simon Long, Chelsea discussed the incident at length. Mikel was taken away from the corridor that leads to the tunnel so the media, separated from the dressing-room areas by the width of a wall, could not hear what was said.

During those discussions, Gourlay decided to press ahead with a complaint to match delegate Nick Cusack and arranged for some of the details to be made public at 7.45 that evening.

Chelsea’s deliberations were the reason for the delay between the final whistle and Di Matteo’s appearance at his post-match press briefing.

Clattenburg, as required by the FA, then filed details of an ‘extraordinary incident’ at Stamford Bridge overnight.

On Monday morning he received communication from the FA’s compliance team as they prepared for a swift investigation into the remarkable allegation.

Chelsea are also under intense scrutiny after being criticised by the FA’s independent regulatory commission following the commission’s decision to ban Terry for four games and fine him £220,000 for racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.

The commission judged that the Chelsea skipper’s evidence relating to the incident at Loftus Road in October 2011 was ‘improbable, implausible and contrived’.

They also reflected on the ‘evolution of Ashley Cole’s evidence’ that led to an infamous tweet directed at the FA for which he was fined £90,000, and concluded that the evidence given by long-serving club secretary Dave Barnard was ‘materially defective’.

After Terry was banned by the FA, Di Matteo encouraged the public to give the disgraced captain ‘a second chance’.

Clattenburg could be charged under Rule E3, the same as Terry, and there is a determination within the FA for a swift resolution to yet another crisis.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2225063/Mark-Clattenburg-John-Obi-Mikel-racism-row-latest-How-erupted.html

If this is all a one-sided series of accusations from Chelsea, with no corroborating evidence from Man U players or video to support, we'll find out how popular Clattenburg is with his fellow officials who will be called on to back him up.

I swear there was a game, a gooner one if I can remember, where the ref WAS mic'd up?? I seem to remember Adams swearing at Elleray and him giving the donkey a dressing down. Anyone else know about this??

If he told a Chelsea player to fudge off he deserves a medal.

:ross:=D>

On a serious note, this feels like nothing and something which will be explained by his accent versus the ears of his accusers...but things are getting way out of hand now. WTF? Confirms what a scummy club Chelski remain, regardless of how much polish their nu money has spawned. tossers.
EDIT: Just read the daily fail piece...if chelski want to crack down on racism, perhaps they should start arresting swathes of their own disgusting, hissing, anti-Semitic crowd. trumpers!

Funny how there were no complaints about the referee few years back when Drogba scored an offside winner against Utd in the same fixture.

Twunts

Last edited:
Back