• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mark Clattenburg

English referee Mark Clattenburg will not face any disciplinary action following a complaint by European champions Chelsea that he used inappropriate language towards a player, the Football Association said on Thursday.

Chelsea lodged a complaint with the FA over language allegedly directed at their Nigerian midfielder John Obi Mikel by Clattenburg during the home Premier League defeat by Manchester United on October 28.

"The FA does not believe that there is a case for Mr Clattenburg to answer," the English governing body said in a statement.

The London Metropolitan Police this month dropped an investigation into a complaint about Clattenburg made by the Society of Black Lawyers following the incident.

Chelsea issued a statement on their official website, accepting the FA's decision and welcoming "the fact that the FA recognises the club and players were correct in reporting the matter."

It continued: "The FA states Chelsea took the correct action following the Manchester United match and encourages all players who believe they have been either subject, or witness, to discriminatory abuse to report the matter immediately to the match officials on the day, and in turn to the FA.

"The club also notes the charge brought against John Mikel Obi. While the player does not deny the charge, he will request a personal hearing to explain the mitigating circumstances.

"With regards to the Mark Clattenburg decision, the club accepts the case is now concluded and notes the FA states the allegation was made in good faith.

"Chelsea FC cooperated fully with the FA and provided 11 witness statements covering all events during and after the Premier League game on October 28.

"Chelsea FC has a duty of care, as do all employers, to act responsibly when such allegations are reported by employees. We did not take the decision to lodge a formal complaint with the FA lightly and followed the correct processes and protocols throughout. The club carried out a thorough investigation, led by outside legal counsel, using all information available to us. As the FA makes clear, it is not uncommon for investigations to lead to no disciplinary charge being brought.

"All those directly involved have been subjected to scrutiny over the last weeks. Chelsea FC now hopes that all concerned can continue to carry out their duties without prejudice.

"We are committed to working alongside all referees and their assistants to ensure games are conducted in the right spirit and that all our players and staff accept and observe the match officials' authority and decisions."

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/114157/default.aspx

Graham Poll said:
Chelsea should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, wasting FA time and potentially face a private prosecution from Mark Clattenburg for defamation of character.

There has been little or no thought as to the damage this has done to the referee and his reputation – as Sir Alex Ferguson asserted: 'It’s a problem for Mark and it is unfortunate. ‘Stigma does tend to stick and that is the real unfortunate part.'

Outside of football people are charged with wasting police time and if making a serious but unfounded allegation a jail sentence can follow.

And yet Chelsea appear to have emerged with nothing worse than a few more dents to an already tarnished reputation.

In this case it is hard to blame the players for they seemed convinced that they heard an inappropriate comment by a referee (how fortunate that referees don't react in a similar way).

However it seems unbelievable that the club were prepared to accuse a well-respected, senior International referee without first of all checking to see if there was sufficient evidence to back up such damaging claims.

One has to ask if that is because, other than damaging their reputation, there is no other cost involved.

There seems to be little or no point in financial penalties when the owner has almost limitless wealth and whilst a deduction of points would ensure that clubs checked their facts before such allegations are made, their legal teams would challenge any such penalty.

So, we appear left with the same situation as I found myself in six years ago after Chelsea players alleged that I had threatened them in a match against Tottenham.

A referee unfairly accused and left feeling a little more disillusioned with a game he once loved probably unable to referee a top four team again this season. Then again, why would he want to?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2236980/Mark-Clattenburg-cleared-Charge-Chelsea-says-Graham-Poll.html

'Referees' body PGMOL will privately record officials' communications "to reduce the risk" of a repeat of this type of incident'

Pretty sensible move really.

'Referees' body PGMOL will privately record officials' communications "to reduce the risk" of a repeat of this type of incident'

Pretty sensible move really.

Shouldn't be necessary but at least it rules out this sort of thing ever happening again.

I say ramp up the sensitivity on these mics and crack down on abusive behaviour towards refs.

That official Chelsea statement is sickening.

The referees should refuse to do Chelsea games as they can't be sure of unfounded allegations if they make a decision Chelsea don't like.

This opens up so many cans of worms.

Can Clattenburg referee Chelsea again?

Can he referee at Stamford Bridge again?

Can he referee a semi final or a final which Chelsea are involved in?

Will this affect his chances of being selected for international games/tournaments?

The FA should throw the book Chelsea! £5m pound fine, force them to pay compensation to Clattenburg.

Nothing will happen to CFC, they are untouchable it seems these days

3rd time they have tried to discredit a ref now, our FA have no balls whatsoever

Nothing will happen to CFC, they are untouchable it seems these days

3rd time they have tried to discredit a ref now, our FA have no balls whatsoever

This is the worst yet. The scenarios for games Clattenberg officiates which could directly or indirectly affect their season is huge. It's a disgrace. They're a disgrace.

All the PL refs should refuse to ref a CFC game until something is done about them for how they have treated Clattenburg

English referee Mark Clattenburg will not face any disciplinary action following a complaint by European champions Chelsea that he used inappropriate language towards a player, the Football Association said on Thursday.

Chelsea lodged a complaint with the FA over language allegedly directed at their Nigerian midfielder John Obi Mikel by Clattenburg during the home Premier League defeat by Manchester United on October 28.

"The FA does not believe that there is a case for Mr Clattenburg to answer," the English governing body said in a statement.

The London Metropolitan Police this month dropped an investigation into a complaint about Clattenburg made by the Society of Black Lawyers following the incident.

Chelsea issued a statement on their official website, accepting the FA's decision and welcoming "the fact that the FA recognises the club and players were correct in reporting the matter."

It continued: "The FA states Chelsea took the correct action following the Manchester United match and encourages all players who believe they have been either subject, or witness, to discriminatory abuse to report the matter immediately to the match officials on the day, and in turn to the FA.

"The club also notes the charge brought against John Mikel Obi. While the player does not deny the charge, he will request a personal hearing to explain the mitigating circumstances.

"With regards to the Mark Clattenburg decision, the club accepts the case is now concluded and notes the FA states the allegation was made in good faith.

"Chelsea FC cooperated fully with the FA and provided 11 witness statements covering all events during and after the Premier League game on October 28.

"Chelsea FC has a duty of care, as do all employers, to act responsibly when such allegations are reported by employees. We did not take the decision to lodge a formal complaint with the FA lightly and followed the correct processes and protocols throughout. The club carried out a thorough investigation, led by outside legal counsel, using all information available to us. As the FA makes clear, it is not uncommon for investigations to lead to no disciplinary charge being brought.

"All those directly involved have been subjected to scrutiny over the last weeks. Chelsea FC now hopes that all concerned can continue to carry out their duties without prejudice.

"We are committed to working alongside all referees and their assistants to ensure games are conducted in the right spirit and that all our players and staff accept and observe the match officials' authority and decisions."

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/114157/default.aspx

How about an apology to Mark Clattenburg, you ****s?

I say ramp up the sensitivity on these mics and crack down on abusive behaviour towards refs.

It would also be great if recordings were scrutinised after each game and retrospective action taken when refs are abused. It takes it out of the refs hands and it can't be argued if its recorded.

Shouldn't be necessary but at least it rules out this sort of thing ever happening again.

I agree.

There is one "however", listening to the news on the way home jumping between Talksport and FiveLive I couldn't believe the glowing terms in which I heard Clattenburg described, I don't believe for one second that he's racist or shows favour to either competing team, however, he's a godawful referee and an attention seeker to boot judging by some of the contrary decisions I've witnessed him make, it saddens me that he's described as one of Britain's best and a world class referee.

He's brick-but he spreads it around without favour.

I would join but I'm Indian :(

:-k

But welcom to my new Society of British Born Indians Currently Residing Outside the UK But Still Very Much Haters of Chelsea and Purveyors of Justice For Match Day Stewards \o/

Back