• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

Speaking about messi, I read that Barcelona gave him growth hormones... Do/can we?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
bf0884908cd9c47f4abfd03807b4a9e8.jpg

I remember the same type of hype around a certain Andy Turner when he first came on our books. he was a small tricky player with bags of skill who made his first game at the age of 17 ( he actually became the youngest player to score in the Prem at that time). I saw him run the best full back of the time ( Dennis Irwin) around in circles in one of his first games for us unfortuately he never really kept it going. I hope Edwards manages to do so but i have learnt from the past its best not to get to carried away with praise.

Lennon was in the WC squad and scaring defenders to death with his pace by age 19.

More of a Ruel Fox so far, hopefully he can progress.

I remember the same type of hype around a certain Andy Turner when he first came on our books. he was a small tricky player with bags of skill who made his first game at the age of 17 ( he actually became the youngest player to score in the Prem at that time). I saw him run the best full back of the time ( Dennis Irwin) around in circles in one of his first games for us unfortuately he never really kept it going. I hope Edwards manages to do so but i have learnt from the past its best not to get to carried away with praise.
It's swings and roundabouts......I never ever thought Kane would be the player he is now. Just never rated him.

I just let it play out these days, safe in the knowledge that Poch will give them every opportunity and real hope that there is a path to the first eleven.

There was a nice moment yesterday when Edwards was walking past the Putney End on his way back to the dressing room 5 minutes or so before full time. A chorus of "There's only one Marcus Edwards" rang out. He didn't know quite what to do/how to react, but had a big smile on his face.

There was a nice moment yesterday when Edwards was walking past the Putney End on his way back to the dressing room 5 minutes or so before full time. A chorus of "There's only one Marcus Edwards" rang out. He didn't know quite what to do/how to react, but had a big smile on his face.
Was he in the squad yesterday?

I second the question - I had hoped to see more of him. At least, I'd hoped to see him as much as we've seen Onomah this season.
Me too. Unfortunately he was injured at the times when he most probably would have been in the squad. Don't think we'll see him in the squad this year.

Me too. Unfortunately he was injured at the times when he most probably would have been in the squad. Don't think we'll see him in the squad this year.

I think he definitely was in the plans, but was injured for too long to get chance to make an impact. His chance would have been early rounds in cups.

Hopefully a good preseason and we will see him next year.

Agreed. Think all his opportunities have gone unfortunately - the timing of his injury was really crap. I just hope that he and his advisors have their heads screwed on correctly and dont create a fuss in the summer about how few games he's played. There were rumours last summer that they only reason he signed his new deal was because of assurances about the opportunities he'd get this year

He's a good player to come on against tiring big defenders. He could win a lot of fouls, pens, and twist them into trouble. Poch knows best, if he's ready he'll get time. A number of players ahead of him though.

Back