• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

I sit next to a Dutch guy at work who knows his football. He reckons Excelsior is a strange choice of loan because, they have very low ambitions in terms of the league table, the pitch is artificial and the smallest in the league.

I still see him as having a future with Spurs but he needs to come back with a better attitude in the summer.

a game time run towards the end of season with a chance to reflect, hopefully makes the difference (although maybe it's being away from London).

Sometimes watching these kids is akin to a train wreck .. hopefully he bucks the trend.

I sit next to a Dutch guy at work who knows his football. He reckons Excelsior is a strange choice of loan because, they have very low ambitions in terms of the league table, the pitch is artificial and the smallest in the league.

I still see him as having a future with Spurs but he needs to come back with a better attitude in the summer.

tickle my balls with a feather, its all down to him.

Teammate Jeffrey Fortes was speaking to Voetbal International following the game and he had an interesting choice of words to describe what he’s seen from the lad, both on and off the pitch.

“He is of a bizarre level, what he can do is really not normal. I have not experienced a better player in my career, and Mauricio Pochettino did not make that comparison with Messi for nothing.”

Teammate Jeffrey Fortes was speaking to Voetbal International following the game and he had an interesting choice of words to describe what he’s seen from the lad, both on and off the pitch.

“He is of a bizarre level, what he can do is really not normal. I have not experienced a better player in my career, and Mauricio Pochettino did not make that comparison with Messi for nothing.”

There used to be a player called Dave Burnside ( older fans may remember him) who was so good with the ball that he used to do half time tricks and actually became famous for it. Sad for him in a match situation he was not the same and spent most of his time in the game going around the lower leagues.

Not saying this will happen to Edwards but to have the ability to do magic things with the ball in training does not always mean he will star in a actual game at the top level.

Take him on pre-season - good loan and a contract if we think we have something otherwise let him go.

I agree with that. Maybe a loan to an unglamerous team in a second tier league might have brought home how quickly things can change from rubbing shoulders with Kane, Eriksen, Dele etc. I have my doubts though given that a lot of that drive and desire needs to come from within rather than being taught

No pressure team allows him to just play.

Smaller pitch focuses him on producing in tight areas.

Might make more sense than first appears?

I agree with that. Maybe a loan to an unglamerous team in a second tier league might have bought home how quickly things can change from rubbing shoulders with Kane, Eriksen, Dele etc. I have my doubts though given that a lot of that drive and desire needs to come from within rather than being taught
Needs to be a team he gets games and I want one that wins games - perhaps Leeds if they come up and want him ( the Bielsa link), you immediately think Bournemouth but that's a bit nice.

There used to be a player called Dave Burnside ( older fans may remember him) who was so good with the ball that he used to do half time tricks and actually became famous for it. Sad for him in a match situation he was not the same and spent most of his time in the game going around the lower leagues.

Not saying this will happen to Edwards but to have the ability to do magic things with the ball in training does not always mean he will star in a actual game at the top level.

Was going to mention another name myself.... Adel Taarabt.

Edwards has shown he can be direct and know where the goal is within the age group games, I thought he had the potential to be like Willian or Hazard just based on his ability to cut inside and hit a shot. It also made me think he’d be a more useful bench option than Clinton, nkoudou or onomah but if he’s not following team instructions then you can see why Poch hasn’t promoted him. Still hope he turns it around, his raw ability and skill set is rare and would compliment our existing options and would expensive to buy in.

Edwards has shown he can be direct and know where the goal is within the age group games, I thought he had the potential to be like Willian or Hazard just based on his ability to cut inside and hit a shot. It also made me think he’d be a more useful bench option than Clinton, nkoudou or onomah but if he’s not following team instructions then you can see why Poch hasn’t promoted him. Still hope he turns it around, his raw ability and skill set is rare and would compliment our existing options and would expensive to buy in.

Nothing would please me more then to see him buckle down and start earning a place at the top table, he has ability but as i know it takes more then ability to rise to the top. Said on here before his biggest problem before was his attitude, i know the coaches who worked with him during his loan at Norwich and they both said he had a " billy big gonad*s" stance. Now he may have overcome that but if he fails to do so he will end up drifting around the lower leagues. We shall see.

Not saying this will happen to Edwards but to have the ability to do magic things with the ball in training does not always mean he will star in a actual game at the top level.[/QUOTE

I remember seeing him do his tricks on Sunday Night at the Paladium, think he left WBA and went to Palace in the 3rd or 4th division.

He hasn’t started there last 3 games but started the 11 before that. Will be interesting to see what happens with him in the summer.

Back