• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

And Onomah has delivered so much so far....

Yeah, only one of the top performers in the team that won his age group's World Cup, at a club that is making a concerted effort to give its talented academy players a chance. Why on earth would Onamah ever succeed?

Yeah, only one of the top performers in the team that won his age group's World Cup, at a club that is making a concerted effort to give its talented academy players a chance. Why on earth would Onamah ever succeed?
I think Onomah is perhaps the classic case of a player that might be better served with making a loan move. He clearly has talent, clearly has good physical attributes, but he doesn't really quite have the experience and/or confidence to really take hold of a game. We can either allow him to develop that at Spurs and perhaps have our results suffer while we do it, or let him go out to the right club where he can develop that and come back more ready for our first team.

I know that Poch doesn't seem to like loans for players that he sees as being part of our future, but it is a big leap to go from youth football to first team football, especially for a club that one would hope are looking to challenge for the title. It may be that Poch needs to look at that for one or two young players at Spurs.

I think Onomah is perhaps the classic case of a player that might be better served with making a loan move. He clearly has talent, clearly has good physical attributes, but he doesn't really quite have the experience and/or confidence to really take hold of a game. We can either allow him to develop that at Spurs and perhaps have our results suffer while we do it, or let him go out to the right club where he can develop that and come back more ready for our first team.

I know that Poch doesn't seem to like loans for players that he sees as being part of our future, but it is a big leap to go from youth football to first team football, especially for a club that one would hope are looking to challenge for the title. It may be that Poch needs to look at that for one or two young players at Spurs.

I think we need to see him playing deeper before making that decision. As it is, our fan base hears that Onamah is massively talented but never sees him in his best position.

Onoma is so good he's taken over the Marcus Edwards thread!

Great news about the contract. I really think that kind of commitment from Edwards was needed for him to get the kind of trust he probably needs from Pochettino.

Edwards is quicker and nimbler, whereas Barkley is more brutish, but essentially the same function.
Jesus Christ!.... One of them is already proven in the PL and a full international, the other is only currently far enough developed to play an impact from the bench role at International under 19 level. Edwards is probably at least 2 years away from being close to a proper role in our first team and even that is assuming that he continues to develop his game. I'm sure that Marcus will get a few games if we draw lesser opposition in the League or FA Cup but he is a long way from being trusted to perform at PL level or in European football.

What the fudge is the club doing sniffing around on the final day of the transfer window trying to secure a loan for this kid.
Where was the planning for this?

What the fudge is the club doing sniffing around on the final day of the transfer window trying to secure a loan for this kid.
Where was the planning for this?

Any you know for a fact he was just put up for loan today? Do you even know for sure he's been put up for loan at all? Don't believe everything you read pal.

Back