• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

I've watched him since he was 14/15. I think his ability on the ball takes care of itself and Imo would already be one of the best dribblers at the club. but I have a huge question mark over what I mentioned earlier which is so important to play in a poch team
Thanks (for watching the youth and your answer). That fact he's still with us means Poch must see something there.

My thing with Edwards is he lacks explosivness and fitness. These are the two things holding him back in my opinion. Hopefully poch can improve this but that was my thinking as to why he dropped down to the 23s
Bit odd to pick out explosiveness as one of his two faults... his whole game is about jinking past players. I suppose that isn't particularly 'explosive' but his skillset would seem to be fine i.e. he can wrongfoot defenders and jink past and scamper past them to the byline, so... seems fine to me. He is small like Juninho, not a power house or pure speed merchant like Lennon.

I would love to see this boy come through, but he's going to miss a bit of pre-season work as he'll get some time off after playing for England and youngsters only get a chance to get in the first team if someone is not performing or there are injuries, so really I don't want to see much of him yet.

Bit odd to pick out explosiveness as one of his two faults... his whole game is about jinking past players. I suppose that isn't particularly 'explosive' but his skillset would seem to be fine i.e. he can wrongfoot defenders and jink past and scamper past them to the byline, so... seems fine to me. He is small like Juninho, not a power house or pure speed merchant like Lennon.

not just with the ball but without the ball as well. explosiveness to sprint up the pitch to support the play and explosive hi intensive sprinting to get back into position. I've watched him for years and always felt that this would be the test as to whether he makes it or not.

I think the England coaches think the same. bringing in younger 'more reliable' players to fill in and leave him with only 1 start at the tournament.

not just with the ball but without the ball as well. explosiveness to sprint up the pitch to support the play and explosive hi intensive sprinting to get back into position. I've watched him for years and always felt that this would be the test as to whether he makes it or not.

I think the England coaches think the same. bringing in younger 'more reliable' players to fill in and leave him with only 1 start at the tournament.
Understood; let's hope he trains on and builds muscle mass and takes it all seriously

Good news. Hopefully he'll get some game time this season. But equally hopefully, the burden of expectation will not be too much for his young shoulders.

I think that is excellent news. Maybe he knows the likes of City and Chelsea would be interested in signing him but he rightly knows his door to the first team would be blocked

Whoop!

A signing, if not a new one! He could be like a new signing if Poch can get him involved. Seems ideal to come on toward the end of a game to change things up. Skip past tiring defenders to make openings or win FKs for Eriksen to score from. Excited for Edwards for this season.

Great news that it's 3 years as well - should mean that we're not in the will he / won't he situation next summer like we have been this summer and last.

Hopefully it also signals that there's a decent relationship between him and Poch

Back