• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch 2015/16

Aston Villa’s managerial shortlist is down to Roberto Di Matteo and Nigel Pearson after they were snubbed by David Moyes.

Ouch.

I wouldn't call it a snub. They knew that Moyes might be concerned about dropping down a division. If they had survived relegation then his refusal would have been a snub. It could also look better or worse depending where he goes. If he takes over at West Brom it would look worse, but if he returned to Everton is wouldn't.

I wouldn't call it a snub. They knew that Moyes might be concerned about dropping down a division. If they had survived relegation then his refusal would have been a snub. It could also look better or worse depending where he goes. If he takes over at West Brom it would look worse, but if he returned to Everton is wouldn't.

It's not so much Moyes saying no as it is a rather uninspiring list of names. It will be Pearson, surely they're not stupid enough to actually consider Di Matteo. Those that hired Sherwood have hopefully been removed from any position of power.

It's not so much Moyes saying no as it is a rather uninspiring list of names. It will be Pearson, surely they're not stupid enough to actually consider Di Matteo. Those that hired Sherwood have hopefully been removed from any position of power.

:D

I'll lose a bit of respect for Howe if he makes that move. It's clearly a bigger club and a great career move, but it's a clamish thing to do to his current club....I get the feeling that he's not that kind of guy, and I hope he is...

Loyalty only runs so deep, Howe has done a fantastic job getting Bournemouth where they are.

I don't think their fans will begrudge him a move to a bigger club in a better position if the opportunity arises.

He needs to look after his career too.

Loyalty only runs so deep, Howe has done a fantastic job getting Bournemouth where they are.

I don't think their fans will begrudge him a move to a bigger club in a better position if the opportunity arises.

He needs to look after his career too.

Agreed that most sensible fans will understand him taking the opportunity to move to a bigger club. They may however begrudge the fact that it is Southampton.

Surprised that Frank De Boer is being overlooked again especially as he is available now with no protracted compensation negotiations. If Koeman does go to Everton then surely de boer would be the natural choice to replace him at Southampton.

Still can't quite believe Koeman has made this move. Everton always have and always will be a much bigger club than Southampton, except for perhaps this time in history. Everton seems like a huge side step at best and possibly a short term downstep.

If he is ambitious then he may see more opportunity for success at Everton, given the new ownership and promises of money to spend, and the higher profile. Whereas at SCBC he is likely to be subject to a more constrained budget and an ongoing risk of seeing his best players sold. Maybe he feels he has done as well as he can there and wants the challenge of pastures new. (Maybe he's not good enough to take them any further with what is available and is moving on to something with more resources to play with).
At least SCBC fans can't blame us for this one!

Koeman comes from the 'spend, spend, spend' school of thought, the kind that plays FM in real life. I'm not sure if he even does any coaching himself. Has the track record of someone who gets bored easily and is always looking for greener grass.

Back