• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Malcom

Can't believe we're still in line to snag this world-top-ten-talent. Thought it would have happened much sooner after all the things Spurs did to accelerate the career development of Leandro Dam-ee-yowser.

I don't believe this rumour at all. One news agency mentioned it and has been copied by everyone else.There hasn't been any further information about this at all since then

I don't believe this rumour at all. One news agency mentioned it and has been copied by everyone else.There hasn't been any further information about this at all since then

We dont leak much info. We dont telegraph our moves. And when we do deals the details come out only around the time they complete.

A lack of reporting doesnt prove a lack of action/interest.

We wanted Malcom in the summer, if he is available I fully expect we will be interested to see if its a deal we can do.

And that just came about because he was apparently our 'plan b' option to Moura 12 months ago

We dont leak much info. We dont telegraph our moves. And when we do deals the details come out only around the time they complete.

A lack of reporting doesnt prove a lack of action/interest.

We wanted Malcom in the summer, if he is available I fully expect we will be interested to see if its a deal we can do.

Isn't this a contradiction in terms?? Unless i missed the mass press announcement that we were pursuing Malcolm?

Isn't this a contradiction in terms?? Unless i missed the mass press announcement that we were pursuing Malcolm?

It was reported we actually bid, as early as Dec17

https://metro.co.uk/2017/12/29/tott...ester-united-transfer-target-malcolm-7191669/

Which is a bit more than just rumours linking us to him. Im sure there were reports of bids in the summer as well, before Barca came along and we were out of the running.

I think its pretty obvious when reports are of genuine interest and not just tittle tattle.

Take Rabiot - another one where Id say we can be confident there is a genuine interest in the player.

Conversely the talk of Andy Carroll the other day is just hilarious.

Wants 200k pw :D

He is reportedly going for next to nothing transfer fee wise, so we might well pay that.

Possibly as a basic wage of less plus signing on. Or possibly just as a straight rate.

The whole point of the new stadium is to be able to increase wages etc.

If we think he is good enough its not a deal breaker IMO.

My issue with Rabiot is that for all the leaks about him wanting away from PSG, he himself doesn't seem to have indicated any preference for the Premier League? It's all about Barca. And if the Prem is a possibility, would he think only Emirates Marketing Project are worthy of his talents?

I'm not convinced he'd want to join us tbh. Maybe he feels he's above us. Though it wouldn't surprise me to see him/his agent use us to engineer a better bid/contract from Barca / City / Chelsea and others.

Its not optimism. It is what it is.

We have some players not far off that already. We are building a new stadium to facilitate a higher wage ceiling, in a sustainable manner.

If the player comes in costing us pennies on transfer fee, we then have more money to give to him directly.

All, as I said, IF we think he is worth it.

My issue with Rabiot is that for all the leaks about him wanting away from PSG, he himself doesn't seem to have indicated any preference for the Premier League? It's all about Barca. And if the Prem is a possibility, would he think only Emirates Marketing Project are worthy of his talents?

I'm not convinced he'd want to join us tbh. Maybe he feels he's above us. Though it wouldn't surprise me to see him/his agent use us to engineer a better bid/contract from Barca / City / Chelsea and others.

I think its the same as any move we make these days. We arent quite top tier, but want top tier talent.

Similar as with Moura and Aurier, they will come to us if there arent better/bigger options. So its a waiting game to see what the market does, rather than them just jumping at us.

More interesting is how soon we start spending it.

Rabiot, for example, would come in presumably on a 4+ year deal. It wont be long before that revenue comes through. I think we would do a deal now on the basis that revenue is here already.

Its one player, its how our finances are going to operate, I dont think we will compromise the opportunity over timing for the short term.

Anyone know who Richard Jansen is and whether he has any track record re knowing Barca's transfers?

I'd welcome any fresh blood into the squad, partly just as a morale boost and so that the players really do believe that we're always trying to progress.

Malcolm would be a decent addition (then followed by Rabiot please)
Looks like a bu1lsh1t account. New in January 2019, claiming to be a BeIN reporter but is not verified and has 138 followers only. (Mostly sex bots).

Ignore and move on I’d suggest. Sorry chaps!

Anyone know who Richard Jansen is and whether he has any track record re knowing Barca's transfers?

I'd welcome any fresh blood into the squad, partly just as a morale boost and so that the players really do believe that we're always trying to progress.

Malcolm would be a decent addition (then followed by Rabiot please)

Its twitter, ALWAYS assume a bucket of salt with any rumour you read!

That said, Rabiot and Malcom would be one hell of a window...

Its twitter, ALWAYS assume a bucket of salt with any rumour you read!

That said, Rabiot and Malcom would be one hell of a window...
Google reverse image search....

Our mate Richard is also looking for love under the name Alex Ace....

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-24_10-12-53.png
    upload_2019-1-24_10-12-53.png
    472.7 KB · Views: 27
Back