• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Malcom

Even if that's true, that doesn't mean it would be a bad signing. At 20, Moura was one of the biggest prospects in world football and moved to PSG for a similar price, even though he was totally untested in European football. At only one year older, Malcom also has 85 games in the French league, where he's averaged about 1 in 4 (in a pretty brick side side), which is basically what Lucas got in his peak age years at a hyper-dominant PSG.

Also, from what I've read, Malcom's end product is actually supposed to be quite good. Besides his fantastic dribbling numbers, he has a high pass percentage and averages a ton of key passes, expected assists, and touches in the box, which is extra impressive because he's the guy defenses are focused on. Obviously, I wasn't watching a bunch of Bordeaux games last year, but his numbers seem really promising.

However, I do agree with your overall idea that if we're going to spend a ton of money on an attacker, it might make more sense to spend it on someone who is able to play center forward. The more we get linked with these types of players (Pulisic, Zaha, Neres, etc), the more it makes me think that Poch sees Sonny as our full-time, back-up CF, and he wants another creative, pacey attacker to guarantee we lose nothing in our attack when Son moves from the wing to center forward to spell Harry.

Again, I'm not sure it's the best use of resources when we have Lamela and Lucas, but Malcom has the kind of potential that could see him becoming a future star.
Completely forgot we had Moura! I think he did ok since January but with a full pre-season I reckon this season is his year.

We did play a midfield three at times last year as a 352 with Winks as the deepest player. Also, there is always a chance that Poch is going to try something different, especially as we struggled to create for large patches of last season.

We did play a midfield three at times last year as a 352 with Winks as the deepest player. Also, there is always a chance that Poch is going to try something different, especially as we struggled to create for large patches of last season.

That's fair, if you count Eriksen as a midfielder rather than an attacker. So do you see Grealish as an Eriksen replacement? It's hard for me to see just how he fits in, but Poch is such a flexible manager, so I'm assuming he'll find a place for him if we buy him.

I've heard multiple reports saying that he's competition for Dele. He's not posted the goals Dele has, but then Villa weren't blowing teams away by 3-4 goals a game. Eriksen is a different type of player altogether, but if he were out I'd see Grealish as a better option than Sissoko.

In a 4231, he would play more like Lamela and Dele than Son.

SPURS BACK IN FOR MALCOLM

Tottenham are set to revive their interest in Bordeaux forward Malcolm after failing to secure his signature in January, according to France Football.

The French outlet say Spurs are determined to get their man this time around but face competition from Roma for the 21-year-old Brazilian.

Looks like Malcom is off to Everton for 30 million pounds. Though it might be a really good signing for them, I'm not too upset that we passed on him. Seems he's a little bit like Seri, linked to really big clubs but not really acted upon by them. It makes me cautiously optimistic that they think that there's bigger fish they can get (ahem, Martial, Zaha, or possibly Pulisic?) or possibly a young player already at the club (Edwards?) to fill that extra attacking role that Poch seems to want to fill.

*before anyone responds, I know there's like a 1% chance Poch is gonna give those minutes to Edwards.*

Looks like Malcom is off to Everton for 30 million pounds. Though it might be a really good signing for them, I'm not too upset that we passed on him. Seems he's a little bit like Seri, linked to really big clubs but not really acted upon by them. It makes me cautiously optimistic that they think that there's bigger fish they can get (ahem, Martial, Zaha, or possibly Pulisic?) or possibly a young player already at the club (Edwards?) to fill that extra attacking role that Poch seems to want to fill.

*before anyone responds, I know there's like a 1% chance Poch is gonna give those minutes to Edwards.*

We've signed quite a few like that who proved to be our biggest successes . Berbatov, Modric, Bale, Lloris, Dembele, Eriksen...all linked with the Barcelonas and Utds of this world but we were the ones that pulled the trigger

We've signed quite a few like that who proved to be our biggest successes . Berbatov, Modric, Bale, Lloris, Dembele, Eriksen...all linked with the Barcelonas and Utds of this world but we were the ones that pulled the trigger

Totally fair point, but I was more talking about my skepticism about whether Malcom was actually Poch's first choice. And if he wasn't, I'd rather we didn't spend on the cheaper option and try to get the guy we really want.

Totally fair point, but I was more talking about my skepticism about whether Malcom was actually Poch's first choice. And if he wasn't, I'd rather we didn't spend on the cheaper option and try to get the guy we really want.

I think Grealish is our first choice.

are we really going to spend 60mill + on anyone.

Probably not. Poch and Levy have made it crystal clear, that they don't see this as being the best way forward. A replacement for Toby wouldn't cost 60m, neither would the replacement for Llorente. If Dembele was to go I think it's more likely Poch will promote Winks to the first team and recall Onomah from Villa as his cover.

Anyway Malcom isn't required, we've got Lamela and Moura.

I think Grealish is our first choice.

Oh look another exciting young winger from the french league :rolleyes:

What, like Thierry Henry?!? ;-)

Henry was seen as a huge talent at Monaco before his move to Juve, where he basically wasn't given much of a chance or, indeed, many games (less than 20?) before being sold to the G**ns.

Anyway, my point is we shouldn't hold too much stock in where we buy a player from, they should really be viewed and judged individually, IMO. You never know, one of the guys we get from the French/Dutch/etc, leagues in the future might just go on to become a proper Supurs legend.

Have to say, in my extensive YouTube investigations, Malcolm just seemed kind of "meh" to me.

At £30m, if Everton are getting him I think two things are clear:
1) We could have him if we want him
2) We obviously dont. Probably have bigger fish to fry.

Have to say, in my extensive YouTube investigations, Malcolm just seemed kind of "meh" to me.

At £30m, if Everton are getting him I think two things are clear:
1) We could have him if we want him
2) We obviously dont. Probably have bigger fish to fry.

He is no more meh than Moura tbh, so considering we already have Meh-oura there is no need to sign Meh-lcom

Back