• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Maggie

Just heard, a tear is in my eye, she was truly the greatest prime minister we ever had, stuck up for us in Europe(take not current politicans) she gave people the chance to move on and improve their lot. Got stuck into the communist lead unions who were set on destroying the country.

Having a very busy day but wanted to get in here and mark her good points before the usual lefty freaks started slagging her off.

Best leader this country ever had. I'm sure there's a few here that judge people by caricatures and hearsay that will take the opportunity to slag her off though.

The reason I went into politics. Strong, fair and prepared to make the diffi
cult decisions for the greater good.

Mostly Liverpool fans giving her abuse on twitter really. Justice for 96 and all that.

Not happy she's died, but she single-handedly destroyed the community I grew up in. Hers was an ideology of individualism. Her supreme arrogance meant the sensible things she offered were difficult to hear. I won't miss her.

Just heard, a tear is in my eye, she was truly the greatest prime minister we ever had, stuck up for us in Europe(take not current politicans) she gave people the chance to move on and improve their lot. Got stuck into the communist lead unions who were set on destroying the country.

Having a very busy day but wanted to get in here and mark her good points before the usual lefty freaks started slagging her off.

This is what makes me laugh about all this mythology surrounding Thatcher. Most of Britain's infrastructure and energy is now owned by Europe so all this Thatcher stood up to Europe nonsense just don't wash. All these conservatives are always anti-Europe yet are extremely relaxed about the French state dictating the cost of our energy. Hmm, makes real sense\o/

Thatcher wasn't a patriot she was an opportunist. She didn't give a hoot about the Falkland Islands when she approved the removal of a naval fleet and she didn't care about the fascist junta in Argentina when her Government were approving arms sales to them.

All this high horse guff about Thatcher. She despised Britain, wanted to hack off our industry and social infrastructure for short term profit and began the general slide in a nation which has nothing left but a city of London that fluffy bunnies cuddlings itself out in an industry making money out of thin air. Which of course can never, ever possibly go wrong\o/ Er, but it did, spectacularly.

The biggest powerhouse in Europe is Germany. Why? Because they actually make things. Britain doesn't make things anymore, doesn't produce anything and is beholden to Europe and Russia when it comes to determining the cost of basic essentials like heating a home.

Which bodes the question:-k Did we really win the cold war and why are we suspicious of Europe when Thatcher made it possible to sell off our infrastructure to half of Europe anyway.

Oh, and Saddamn's officers were trained at Sandhurst during her rein in office.

I know a fair few miners who lived through Thatcher's era. She ruined them and stripped them of their dignity, confining an entire region to a lifetime of poverty and anguish. Hearing the stories would bring you close to tears.

Combine that with her support for Apartheid and Pinochet, I'm sure a few people will be partying tonight. History will judge her very poorly.

I know a fair few miners who lived through Thatcher's era. She ruined them and stripped them of their dignity, confining an entire region to a lifetime of poverty and anguish. Hearing the stories would bring you close to tears.

Combine that with her support for Apartheid and Pinochet, I'm sure a few people will be partying tonight. History will judge her very poorly.

Yep according to her Nelson Mandela was a terrorist and she defied the international embargo on apartheid era South Africa.

Her support for the vile fascist dictator Pinochet says it all. Thousands butchered and innocent women tortured and raped by animals and yet Thatcher supported him and gave him refuge in the UK.

Not happy she's died, but she single-handedly destroyed the community I grew up in. Hers was an ideology of individualism. Her supreme arrogance meant the sensible things she offered were difficult to hear. I won't miss her.

This is what makes me laugh about all this mythology surrounding Thatcher. Most of Britain's infrastructure and energy is now owned by Europe so all this Thatcher stood up to Europe nonsense just don't wash. All these conservatives are always anti-Europe yet are extremely relaxed about the French state dictating the cost of our energy. Hmm, makes real sense\o/

Thatcher wasn't a patriot she was an opportunist. She didn't give a hoot about the Falkland Islands when she approved the removal of a naval fleet and she didn't care about the fascist junta in Argentina when her Government were approving arms sales to them.

All this high horse guff about Thatcher. She despised Britain, wanted to hack off our industry and social infrastructure for short term profit and began the general slide in a nation which has nothing left but a city of London that fluffy bunnies cuddlings itself out in an industry making money out of thin air. Which of course can never, ever possibly go wrong\o/ Er, but it did, spectacularly.

The biggest powerhouse in Europe is Germany. Why? Because they actually make things. Britain doesn't make things anymore, doesn't produce anything and is beholden to Europe and Russia when it comes to determining the cost of basic essentials like heating a home.

Which bodes the question:-k Did we really win the cold war and why are we suspicious of Europe when Thatcher made it possible to sell off our infrastructure to half of Europe anyway.

Oh, and Saddamn's officers were trained at Sandhurst during her rein in office.

Yep according to her Nelson Mandela was a terrorist and she defied the international embargo on apartheid era South Africa.

Her support for the vile fascist dictator Pinochet says it all. Thousands butchered and innocent women tortured and raped by animals and yet Thatcher supported him and gave him refuge in the UK.

Yep, that says it all really. She was a bitch.

As a Norwegian kid in the 80s, I only knew Thatcher by name - and a Spitting image caricature.

It's interesting to see how, within only a few posts, there are very, very different views on her reign as PM among posters here. Will be even more interesting to follow the developments in this thread. I hope for a lot of insight and not too much quarreling! O:)

I will have a celebratory drink tonight. BTW, you can tell a lot about a person by their children. Oh dear Mark Thatcher.:-k

Last edited:
As a Norwegian kid in the 80s, I only knew Thatcher by name - and a Spitting image caricature.

It's interesting to see how, within only a few posts, there are very, very different views on her reign as PM among posters here. Will be even more interesting to follow the developments in this thread. I hope for a lot of insight and not too much quarreling! O:)

Probably the most divisive political figure in this country's history. Some see her as the best PM we ever had, without whom this country would be in the brick. Some see her as one of the worst, and a leader who crushed communities who didn't believe in her brand of conservatism to bring us into the 'Modern world'.

In my experience, there is very little in between.

Back