• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

(M)ar(ch)mageddon

If we can just get through March with 3 draws against the top 4 clubs we have an outside chance of top 4. April and May are a stroll in the park but saying that this is Spurs, chances are we'll win all our games in March then proceed to not win again this season. :)

I am out for most these games bar Benfica and will miss them! it wasnt intentional but hey ho... probably a blessing im disgise!

We will go out to Benfica

Get a point vs scum and beat southampton and thats about it!

We will be so far out of the running then that we will be hoping 6/7th will get us back into europe

6th already does now, and 7th will also if City play Evereton or Arsenal in the Cup final

2nd March Cardiff City (H) - WIN

8th March Chelsea (A) - WIN

13th March Benfica (H) - WIN

16th March Arsenal (H) - WIN

20 March Benfica (A) - WIN

23rd March Southampton (H) - WIN

30th March Liverpool (A) - WI

Believe !!!!

When the Spurs go March-ing in.

I am out for most these games bar Benfica and will miss them! it wasnt intentional but hey ho... probably a blessing im disgise!

We will go out to Benfica

Get a point vs scum and beat southampton and thats about it!

We will be so far out of the running then that we will be hoping 6/7th will get us back into europe

Wouldn't be so bad, sack off Europe for a year, send a pair of Pleat's soiled y-fronts to any club that puts in a bid for any of our better players, put this season down to Lamela, Soldado, Chiriches, Chadli, Paulinho, Eriksen, Capoue's 'learning period', get a full-pre season with a proper manager and storm the league next season with no distractions, much like Pool have done this!

I hope we can just play our game. Not the occasion. And do so without pressure. Get out there play some committed attractive football. Score. And defend well. We haven't defended too well recently, and against top teams we need to be more AVB than Sherwood (of late). In other words tight at the back and build from there. Sherwood I'm sure can set us up like that. Just worried by constantly changing our setup and shape.

Excited about these games. The team have to believe. This is where they can click and deliver. A new team following a lot of upheaval, can now relax and show everyone what they can do. Psyched!

They are all winnable!

I hope we can just play our game. Not the occasion. And do so without pressure. Get out there play some committed attractive football. Score. And defend well. We haven't defended too well recently, and against top teams we need to be more AVB than Sherwood (of late). In other words tight at the back and build from there. Sherwood I'm sure can set us up like that. Just worried by constantly changing our setup and shape.

Excited about these games. The team have to believe. This is where they can click and deliver. A new team following a lot of upheaval, can now relax and show everyone what they can do. Psyched!

They are all winnable!

Apart from Emirates Marketing Project away, Liverpool at home and Wet Spam at home.

Apart from Emirates Marketing Project away, Liverpool at home and Wet Spam at home.

At least two of those were post Europa games weren't they? If so, then it shows we will need to rotate a little. And in theory we have interchangeable players (even if we don't know or have a set playing system!). Ade swaps with Soldado (if we play 1 up front). An abundance of options wide midfield. With Sandro back, and maybe Capoue returning later in the run, we should be able to rest some legs in the center of the park too.

Defense is a greater concern. We're already struggling with injuries. But if Kaboul, Walker and Rose can feature in March, then we can rotate a few in defense. I think it will be vital and success will depend on how Sherwood gets a changing team to gel and play well together.

They are all winnable!

AVB's record this season v top half teams in the league:
L 0-1 v Arsenal (A)
D 1-1 v Chelsea (H)
L 0-1 v Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H)
D 0-0 v Everton (A)
L 1-6 v Emirates Marketing Project (A)
D 2-2 v Man U (H)
L 0-5 v Liverpool (H)

P7 W0 D3 L4 F4 A16 GD -12 PTS 3

Sherwoods record v the same:
W 3-2 v Southampton (A)
W 2-1 v Man U (A)
L 1-5 v Emirates Marketing Project (H)
W 1-0 v Everton (H)
W 4-0 v Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)

P5 W4 D0 L1 F11 A8 GD +3 PTS 12

I 100% prefer Sherwood being in charge to AVB. Just stating that we need to defend well against these teams. Something we've not done too well recently. Have every confidence in Sherwood to get us setup well. Even if we do keep changing the team setup.

I 100% prefer Sherwood being in charge to AVB. Just stating that we need to defend well against these teams. Something we've not done too well recently. Have every confidence in Sherwood to get us setup well. Even if we do keep changing the team setup.

I am not actually that confident in Sherwood. I think he is a naive manager and we've lacked shape and balance often under him, but hes doing better than the horror show that was AVB versus the top teams so i was just pointing out that clearly we dont want to approach these games more like AVB than Sherwood

If i remember correctly, the last time this storied club qualified for the Champion's League, we beat Chelsea and Arsenal in back-to-back matches. Could we repeat the trick?

It'll take as good of an effort to do it again, but something in me will always believe that we can do it.

It all starts at Stanford Bridge, but why not? Sneak a one nil, then 8 days later end the Goons title hopes at the Lane.

I BELIEVE.

This is how it all started. LET'S DO IT AGAIN.

[video=youtube;hfGpA_DUl6E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfGpA_DUl6E[/video]

I am not actually that confident in Sherwood. I think he is a naive manager and we've lacked shape and balance often under him, but hes doing better than the horror show that was AVB versus the top teams so i was just pointing out that clearly we dont want to approach these games more like AVB than Sherwood

Agreed. Things aren't black or white though. I have confidence in Sherwood adapting to the opposition, and in these games coming up we will need to be setup and defend more like AVB had the team setup (albeit for all games). A setup with a strong foundation but with Sherwood's determination to break with speed as well. Rather than hold the ball and let the opposition get back into position we'll try and break with speed. But Lennon and the other wide man should support the fullback etc and then break when in possession.

Agreed. Things aren't black or white though. I have confidence in Sherwood adapting to the opposition, and in these games coming up we will need to be setup and defend more like AVB had the team setup (albeit for all games). A setup with a strong foundation but with Sherwood's determination to break with speed as well. Rather than hold the ball and let the opposition get back into position we'll try and break with speed. But Lennon and the other wide man should support the fullback etc and then break when in possession.

Basically, we need brilliant all-round team performances to get results in these games. But if I was one of the pros playing for Spurs right now, this is their time to shine. This is time for LLoris and Vertonghen to show they have what it takes to play for PSG or Barcelona, its time for Soldado to show he can cut it in the Premiership, its time for Eriksen to show he can deliver on a consistent basis against top teams, its time for Lennon to show he actually has something else to his game than knocking the ball past the fullback and booting and overhit cross out for a throw. Its time for Townsend to show that one time, just once, one of his ridiculous goal of the season attempts will actually go in and win him goal of the season etc. etc.

Saying that, this is my predictions:

2nd March Cardiff City (H) - Win 1-0 (ok, ok, I cheated :) )

8th March Chelsea (A) - Lose 0-2

13th March Benfica (H) - Win 2-0

16th March Arsenal (H) - Draw 1-1

20 March Benfica (A) - Lose 0-1

23rd March Southampton (H) - Win 2-1

30th March Liverpool (A) - Lose 3-1

If i remember correctly, the last time this storied club qualified for the Champion's League, we beat Chelsea and Arsenal in back-to-back matches. Could we repeat the trick?

It'll take as good of an effort to do it again, but something in me will always believe that we can do it.

It all starts at Stanford Bridge, but why not? Sneak a one nil, then 8 days later end the Goons title hopes at the Lane.

I BELIEVE.

This is how it all started. LET'S DO IT AGAIN.

Arsenal's title hopes ended in 2005.

After that video SpursSF posted I watched the 2:3 at the Emirates and just thought its incredible how much worse both teams are now.

We had VdV, Bale, Modric, BAE etc

They had RvP, Nasri, Fabregas, Song etc

The reason Pool are getting back into the top four is because the league has got so much weaker isn't it. Man U have imploded; we're a shadow of the team from a few years back and so are Arsenal.

Only the Football Manager Cheat Mode teams have managed to avoid the rut. Pretty telling really.

Off topic but there you go. Just some random musings.

Completely agree Armchair Expert.

I think both teams have improved in other areas so for example we now have Walker and Lloris where as then we had Hutton and Gomes with the bench that day being something along the lines of what Cardiff City have. But on the whole both teams have gone down hill a bit with no improvements since on the areas that needed tweaking or strengthening at the time whilst not fully replacing those players you've mentioned.

After that video SpursSF posted I watched the 2:3 at the Emirates and just thought its incredible how much worse both teams are now.

We had VdV, Bale, Modric, BAE etc

They had RvP, Nasri, Fabregas, Song etc

The reason Pool are getting back into the top four is because the league has got so much weaker isn't it. Man U have imploded; we're a shadow of the team from a few years back and so are Arsenal.

Only the Football Manager Cheat Mode teams have managed to avoid the rut. Pretty telling really.

Off topic but there you go. Just some random musings.

Sometimes timing is everything and what is also funny is that Wenger's first double winning team included players like Christopher Wreh and Gilles Grimandi. Its just that English football wasn't half as good back then.

We were unlucky in that our best spell in terms of having quality teams coincided with also having to face some of the toughest conditions in terms of competitiveness in English football.

Gooners claiming no trophies in 9 years shows that Wenger has lost it are missing the point too. He's not lost it, he's doing the same things and building the same teams as he always has done, its just that whereas before his methods were modern, ground-breaking and different, now every club invests in sports science, every club invests in a global scouting network, every club is unearthing young foreign players with potential, every club trains their players to play quick passing triangles and work the ball in tight areas.

Back