• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lukaku

Didnt Jose loan out Lukaku and say he wasn't putting in enough effort or something to that effect when he was Chelsea boss. Has he improved so much that he wasn't considered good enough to even be in the Chelsea squad then but he's worth a 75m bid now!?

Completely different player and position obviously however one upside of this deal is that it makes the £50m price on Walker's head seem cheap if anything

Downside is that whilst we shop in Aldi/Lidl rather than Harrods (I'm not going to insult us by saying we're at the Poundland level), prices are still going in one direction and the usual £10m - £15m prices which we pay for players will certainly not get anyone proven in a major league

There have been widespread reports over the entire summer so far about strained relations and Contes desire to be in total control of everything and that doesnt happen at Chelsea so yes i do.
You seriously think thats all about Lukaku?!

Wasn't it Moaninho who flogged Lukaku out of Chelsea in the first place?? If so, i'd love to see a journey sock it to him at the Press Conference about paying that much to get him back when it was clear to most his talents were there all along, even whilst at WBA.

Wasn't it Moaninho who flogged Lukaku out of Chelsea in the first place?? If so, i'd love to see a journey sock it to him at the Press Conference about paying that much to get him back when it was clear to most his talents were there all along, even whilst at WBA.

I'm not sure what that matters - Mourinho isn't a long term manager so whether Lukaku had potential or not when at Chelsea was no concern of his

Mourinho doesn't trust young players, so perhaps Lukaku is just old enough for him now

My Everton supporting colleague does not rate Lukaku. Says he tries to dribble and be skilful but his touch is awful. He is just a big lump of Fellaini faeces

My Everton supporting colleague does not rate Lukaku. Says he tries to dribble and be skilful but his touch is awful. He is just a big lump of Fellaini faeces

I don't rate him either. He plays with his head down and doesn't bring other players into play. Mourinho has done well with battering rams before, so maybe he can do something with him but I'm not convinced.

He is a better Emile heskey in front of goal, but not as effective away from goal.

He is a decent player not not at the level that united fans are hyping him up to now... their still calling him a guaranteed 20 goal a season striker when he has only done that once.

Scary thing is they have to make up 32 goals on us IIRC so they need a big shift in their attacking prowess and I don't see him being better than Zlatan

He'll bang in goals. Against bottom table clubs. Has he ever scored a goal vs a top 6 team? Can't be many! Flat track bully.

He's a good striker, but I'm not sure he'll give them a ton more than Zlatan did last season. Feel similarly about the Lacazette signing. Think both will do well, but neither of them are making me really nervous. If Liverpool get Keita or City get VVD, that would be a different story...

Back