• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

By all accounts Benteke was actually good on Saturday :eek:

Im really not a fan of Sturridge generally, but it would be churlish to try and discount his ability. He is a very good striker, and a match winner (when he plays!) - baffles me that clubs closer to home arent willing to take a punt on him.

Quality player, home grown, free, cheap wages - that must be worth a shot.

did Liverpool not conclude he was lying about being injured?

I think the accusation was he wouldnt play unless he felt 100% right, some sort of mental issue/fear/anxiety (probably due to so many injuries)

They thought he was good to play and wanted to pick him, he disagreed, they binned him off seems to be the short version.

Though Ive no idea what his disagreement looked like, could have been raising concern he wasnt ready, could have been going on strike...

I can see why that would make clubs wary of contracting him.

I dont disagree, but I think the things listed above counter that enough that surely someone would be thinking he could be worth a shot.

Its a relative no-lose situation.

Palace, for example, have Ayew and Benteke up front and thats it. For £60k a week he would be well worth a shot. If he had 10 goals in him this season that could be massive to them.

Yes, attitude has always been an issue.

However, his talent cannot be questioned.

I find it hard to believe Premiership teams either chasing europe (Everton/Wolves/Leicester/Burnley) or wanting to push above the relegation spots (Palace, Bournemouth...) wouldnt take him. £60k a week is nothing to a PL side.

Even Saudi Sportswashing Machine, desperate as they are - he would be a worthy gamble for them.
Typically most foreign clubs wages are quoted NET rather than Gross meaning its more like 100K p/w for EPL teams (if this is the case here) then I would be worried due to the amount of games he is available for (injury or otherwise) and the fact he relied so much on pace. Aren't Bournemouth still paying the lion share of Defoe's wages, I cant see them repeating the situation.

I think the clubs that would be a good fit for him are below his expectations, he's got a lot of ability but he's never going to pass the ball unless there's no chance of him scoring

Yes of course, assuming he would sign up on that type of deal and pass up 100k guaranteed I would imagine the club's you mentioned would be all over it.

If he wants to play football at a decent level...

Point is, with the horrific TV deal and money pouring through clubs, Sturridge is a gamble - but not one that breaks the bank in the least. Its a no - lose situation.

Either he works out, great! Youve got a top striker none of your rivals can match. If he does? C'est la vie, it was worth a shot...

And right on cue

Ex-Palace chief labels Sturridge a "problem"
Former Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan has launched a scathing attack on former Liverpool and Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge.

Sturridge will reportedly decide on his future this week as he weighs up offers from 13 clubs around the globe.

The striker was released by Liverpool in the summer following the expiry of his contract after an injury-plagued few years at Anfield.

However none of those reported 13 teams are from the Premier League and Jordan believes that is because he is a ‘problem’ and a bad example to younger players.

Asked on TalkSport whether he would sign the striker if he was still in charge of a club, he said: “No. Not in any parallel universe would I sign Daniel Sturridge. Not for me.

“I wouldn’t even give him a pay as you play deal.

“I wouldn’t want Sturridge in my dressing room or at my training ground around younger players.

“He’s a very, very, very talented footballer but he’s a divisive influence. Jurgen Klopp has never had him since day one he arrived at Liverpool.

“He’s one of those players who plays entirely for himself. He is, in my view, all about himself.”

:eek::D

Back