• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Mouras best games came for us when used 'out of position' as a striker, two hat-tricks against Ajax and Huddesfield.

He had one purple patch of 1 in 3, between PSV and Bournemouth last season and is on the same now under Mourinho but otherwise closer to 1 in 5 for most of his time here, if not worse - i really don't get the clamour for him as a player. As an impact sub against tired legs playing off a target man he has a place as a squad option but along with our CM and RB issues the fact he's playing regularly is part of the reason we aren't playing well as a team - the sooner we move away from having to use him as a starter the better.

I agree as a starter he needs to do much more than simply score 1 in 3/4 games. Having said that he’s a big game player and i would like to think Mourinho can find a way to use him in big games like Fergie used Ji Sung Park or Darren Fletcher despite not being shoe ins to start most games. I’d certainly rather have him start than Lamela or Eriksen right now. Ultimately I do agree he’s the easiest of the three who play behind Kane to upgrade on.

I agree as a starter he needs to do much more than simply score 1 in 3/4 games. Having said that he’s a big game player and i would like to think Mourinho can find a way to use him in big games like Fergie used Ji Sung Park or Darren Fletcher despite not being shoe ins to start most games. I’d certainly rather have him start than Lamela or Eriksen right now. Ultimately I do agree he’s the easiest of the three who play behind Kane to upgrade on.

His direct competition right now is probably Lo Celso and Sissoko. If other players are fit, I wouldn't start him in big games because his team contribution isn't good enough. I would look to bring him on for the last 20 minutes if we are chasing the game.

for me personally the biggest issue is football intelligence (horrible phrase / ha!) as he simply does not move in the right places enough for me.

He doesn't look for other players. How many assists does he have? Very few.

He also doesn't track back enough, it's him that should be sitting on top of Aurier and making up numbers in defence.

I believe he is a better player then some think he is and i can not understand those who say he does not work hard, he never stops moving and does not avoid getting stuck in when its needed.
Yep. He works pretty hard most of the time. He was exceptional in his defensive work in the 2nd half of the last match for instance. One criticism I have is that he needs to release the ball a bit quicker on occasion.

For the second half, knowing he wasn’t going to get on, Eric Lamela lent Lucas a pair of old ghost boots he’d been given as a boy in Argentina many years ago....The boots had once belonged to Robbie ‘Dead Shot’ Keene, who had been playing for his boyhood club......River Plate.

And some had said those old boots be a haunted....

upload_2019-12-27_18-59-11.jpeg

Yep. He works pretty hard most of the time. He was exceptional in his defensive work in the 2nd half of the last match for instance. One criticism I have is that he needs to release the ball a bit quicker on occasion.

Fair comment, he does tend to get his head down when he is on the ball.

For the second half, knowing he wasn’t going to get on, Eric Lamela lent Lucas a pair of old ghost boots he’d been given as a boy in Argentina many years ago....The boots had once belonged to Robbie ‘Dead Shot’ Keene, who had been playing for his boyhood club......River Plate.

And some had said those old boots be a haunted....

View attachment 7959
Drugs

One criticism I have is that he needs to release the ball a bit quicker on occasion.

It was typical of Moura when he ran and jinked and ran and jinked until he was hacked down from behind, rather than passing. Aurier was super frustrated not to get the obvious pass, so he could cross for Kane.
Our freekick was lofted nicely into the box, right onto the toe of Sissoko. It was typical of Sissoko to chip the weakest shot I have ever seen, from 6 yards, softly into the grateful keeper's gloves.
The keeper then gives it to the onrushing Schelotto who powers down our right. Winks gives chase and foolishly dives in, earning a booking for nowt.
Brighton scored from that freekick.

So Moura's typical selfish dribbling and Sissoko's typical useless finishing, contribute directly to their goal.

It was typical of Moura when he ran and jinked and ran and jinked until he was tackled. Kane was super frustrated not to get the obvious pass. In fact Moura was tackled but the rebound fell to Kane, who scored.
Kane was so p*ssed off with Moura's selfish dribbling that he didn't look at him or smile or acknowledge, just trudged back to our half.

It was typical of Moura when he ran and jinked and ran and jinked until he was hacked down from behind, rather than passing. Aurier was super frustrated not to get the obvious pass, so he could cross for Kane.
Our freekick was lofted nicely into the box, right onto the toe of Sissoko. It was typical of Sissoko to chip the weakest shot I have ever seen, from 6 yards, softly into the grateful keeper's gloves.
The keeper then gives it to the onrushing Schelotto who powers down our right. Winks gives chase and foolishly dives in, earning a booking for nowt.
Brighton scored from that freekick.

So Moura's typical selfish dribbling and Sissoko's typical useless finishing, contribute directly to their goal.

It was typical of Moura when he ran and jinked and ran and jinked until he was tackled. Kane was super frustrated not to get the obvious pass. In fact Moura was tackled but the rebound fell to Kane, who scored.
Kane was so p*ssed off with Moura's selfish dribbling that he didn't look at him or smile or acknowledge, just trudged back to our half.
Hot take

Surprised this thread is on the 4th page while he is dying on his arse every game playing out of position upfront on his own.
Works hard there but he is brutal upfront. I'd rather Shane Long.

Surprised this thread is on the 4th page while he is dying on his arse every game playing out of position upfront on his own.
Works hard there but he is brutal upfront. I'd rather Shane Long.

I agree he is not a CF and should not be used as one, his work etic is first class but he is playing out of position ( imo).

Mouras best games came for us when used 'out of position' as a striker, two hat-tricks against Ajax and Huddesfield.

He had one purple patch of 1 in 3, between PSV and Bournemouth last season and is on the same now under Mourinho but otherwise closer to 1 in 5 for most of his time here, if not worse - i really don't get the clamour for him as a player. As an impact sub against tired legs playing off a target man he has a place as a squad option but along with our CM and RB issues the fact he's playing regularly is part of the reason we aren't playing well as a team - the sooner we move away from having to use him as a starter the better.

He’s very upgradable

3 assists in 60 game and a poor return of goals from the chances he gets.

Takes too many touches and seems to struggle to pass

I don’t really agree he works hard either, he fails to track back when in a position that requires this.

He’s basically Walcott

He’s very upgradable

3 assists in 60 game and a poor return of goals from the chances he gets.

Takes too many touches and seems to struggle to pass

I don’t really agree he works hard either, he fails to track back when in a position that requires this.

He’s basically Walcott
Sorry you talking about Son?

take away the goals which are obviously key and it’s the same story... a winger playing as a forward and nine that isn’t particularly big

I accept that his end product needs to improve. But I’m surprised that so many are ready to ditch him considering how many players we have who bottle it or just don’t turn up in big games. Moura is the one of the few players we have who turns up when it matters. Not necessarily saying he should always be a regular but there’s no way I’d consider selling him at this point.

Sorry you talking about Son?

take away the goals which are obviously key and it’s the same story... a winger playing as a forward and nine that isn’t particularly big

Son has 7 assist this season, so we know he’s capable when he gets his head out his ass.

Last edited:
Moura is a decent squad player to have. I prefer him playing wide on the wright as opposed to playing as the CF. I think he would work pretty well in a classic 4-3-3 but (just as I do with Son on the left) I have reservations about the awareness/responsibility of tracking the runs of the opposition's full back.

Back