• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

He was such a livewire. I was livid (and baffled) he went off instead of Son who was completely anonymous.

I can only assume it was cautionary given the amount of football he has played.

But my word, he is really starting to show what he can do, isnt he?

He was such a livewire. I was livid (and baffled) he went off instead of Son who was completely anonymous.

I can only assume it was cautionary given the amount of football he has played.

But my word, he is really starting to show what he can do, isnt he?
Absolutely. He has featured in practically every league game hasn't he? Like mentioned in another thread it seems the subs are premeditated to manage our testing schedule at the moment, I don't doubt that Poch didn't recognise the impact Moura was having....

Poch had a wry dig at the crowd for booing him when he subbed off Moura, pointing out we did after all end up winning. He said the reason was he needed to change things, implying that for all Moura's brilliance things were not working out for the team as a whole.

And you know what? I think he may even have had a point.

Now to take cover behind the sofa. :p

For me, all things being equal, Son was useless and offered no impact at all, while Moura was causing no end of trouble for them and looked more likely than anyone else to make the critical difference.

So who to take off for a sub was pretty obvious, and so consequently I was pretty annoyed when Mouras number went up!

For me, as above, I think its most likely a fitness management thing.

Poch had a wry dig at the crowd for booing him when he subbed off Moura, pointing out we did after all end up winning. He said the reason was he needed to change things, implying that for all Moura's brilliance things were not working out for the team as a whole.

And you know what? I think he may even have had a point.

Now to take cover behind the sofa. :p

I was exacerbated like many at the choice to take him off over Son, who was blatantly ineffective last night. Worst thing was, i just knew that Son would only manage another 10mins or so before being hauled off for Llorente if things hadn't changed.

Moura didn't look tired. I can only think that in Poch's defence he thought that taking Son off would've meant pushing one of either Lamela, Moura or perhaps Alli out to wide left, and Poch preferred to keep Son there over the others.

I don't think he can point to the win as justification though, given that leaving Son on at that point then hauling him off later made no difference to the way we scored our goals, or indeed when.

I was exacerbated like many at the choice to take him off over Son, who was blatantly ineffective last night. Worst thing was, i just knew that Son would only manage another 10mins or so before being hauled off for Llorente if things hadn't changed.

Moura didn't look tired. I can only think that in Poch's defence he thought that taking Son off would've meant pushing one of either Lamela, Moura or perhaps Alli out to wide left, and Poch preferred to keep Son there over the others.

I don't think he can point to the win as justification though, given that leaving Son on at that point then hauling him off later made no difference to the way we scored our goals, or indeed when.
I've noticed Poch often seems to do his substitutions in what seems like illogical phases. He will take off, say, an attacker and put a defender on then ten minutes later do the opposite to restore the balance.

So maybe it was always his intention all along to sub Son off, but he just wanted to manage it his way for whatever reason.

But I would defend his substitutions last night on the grounds that things DID need changing and it whatever you say about his choices, it DID actually work. There was for me a visible change in the pattern of play, we suddenly started finding openings and creating more real chances. Maybe that was down to tiredness on PSV's part but the point is we took advantage and succeeded in getting the breakthrough.

Poch so often gets criticised for not making changes or for leaving it too late, then when he does make changes he still gets it in the neck.

Seems for some he cannot win either way.

But Son has shown even when playing poorly he can score a goal out of nothing from distance. Against a team that were defending as deep as PSV were it was fair to keep one of our only players who has form for scoring from range on. Also I think it is obvious Moura was being managed considering how many of our games he has played....

Like others i was amazed to see Moura taken off ( i thought he was our best player in the first half), as for Son we all know that on his day he is very good and very hard to stop, but he is one of those players who is either hot or cold and last night he was very cold.

Maybe he didn’t want to humiliate Heung-Min by hooking him first, after what happened up at Wolves on Saturday?

Wolves on Sunday was not the classic subbing of a sub. He'd been on since the second minute, not the 60th.
True... although what with our recent habit of conceding very early goals, a 2nd minute substitution could be for tactical reasons!

True... although what with our recent habit of conceding very early goals, a 2nd minute substitution could be for tactical reasons!
If that is the case I would argue that space aliens came to earth and replaced Human Poch with Alien Poch.

He does not remind of him in style of play but in progression after time in league and it is Berbatov. Berbatov took a few months to get to grips with the league but you could tell from the beginning he had skill and talent.

I hope he goes on to be as important as Berbatov for us.

Despite him being here a year now I feel that they are all still learning to play together.

Love the little guy, love his attitude, his workrate, and the magic he makes happen.

Sooner or later, things will click and then we will be in for a treat.

Im starting to think a new CM might be the key to unlocking all sorts of potential in this team.

Despite him being here a year now I feel that they are all still learning to play together.

Love the little guy, love his attitude, his workrate, and the magic he makes happen.

Sooner or later, things will click and then we will be in for a treat.

Im starting to think a new CM might be the key to unlocking all sorts of potential in this team.

As you say he makes things happen and he is always a danger, once our team starts to click ( like they can) and the likes of Eriksen, Ali hit top form he will be a very good player for us.

Back