• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

His pace still catches me by surprise. He really is electric over short bursts.

He accelerates really quickly, and he's definitely rapid off the ball. I don't think his top speed with the ball is all that impressive, though - he gets caught up by full-backs quite easily when dribbling. Plus, he doesn't have the greatest close control. So I think we can use him best by letting him carry the ball past opponents in short bursts and then laying it off - which will in turn require that there are players ahead of him ready to come in close to provide support. I'm unconvinced that his present position right up front is doing him, or Kane, any good.

He accelerates really quickly, and he's definitely rapid off the ball. I don't think his top speed with the ball is all that impressive, though - he gets caught up by full-backs quite easily when dribbling. Plus, he doesn't have the greatest close control. So I think we can use him best by letting him carry the ball past opponents in short bursts and then laying it off - which will in turn require that there are players ahead of him ready to come in close to provide support. I'm unconvinced that his present position right up front is doing him, or Kane, any good.

I think his most impressive performance for me was off the left in the CL when he came on as a sub? I've only seen him play there that once, but he looked amazing there. Some of it might have been tired legs, but still, i'd like to see it some more. Eriksen has previously done well off the right, so it might be an option if we're playing 3 from moura/lamela/eriksen/dele.

I'm liking how he has quickly established himself at the core of the current squad. Yes, winning makes it easy, but he just sets such a good example with his tireless running, fearless darts and dashes through heavy traffic and hard work coming back to defend.

All the while lighting up the pitch with his smiles and looking like he's having the time of his life out there. And probably is.

Now, he's earned a chance to play congenial host to his Brazilian team mates at our training ground. You can be sure they'll be full of questions for him.

He's a really good story for Spurs and a walking advertisement on what the club can offer other good players (Mais oui, M'sieur Rabiot) who might be pondering a move to another club.

I think his most impressive performance for me was off the left in the CL when he came on as a sub? I've only seen him play there that once, but he looked amazing there. Some of it might have been tired legs, but still, i'd like to see it some more. Eriksen has previously done well off the right, so it might be an option if I'm playing 3 from moura/lamela/eriksen/dele.

Fully agreed.

He has really surprised me with all facets of his game, mostly his work rate, how much of a team player he is and what a salmon he is with his jumping for headers

We have a proper player on our hands
I still think some of his decision making and positioning when pressing leaves clear room for improvement. Hopefully with more game time that will come. Can't really question his work rate so as long as he can integrate Pochettino's instructions on pressing it should come.

His aerial ability and strength when holding on to the ball under pressure has really impressed me. Didn't see that coming. Quality player and great value for what we paid. With his age and this being his first full season I think we can somewhat reasonably expect him to step up another level too.

His dribble and run down half of the west ham pitch was amazing to watch. Our players running ahead of him lamela and Kane..could have done better with diagonal runs to open up more options instead of just hugging their positions predictably

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I think Poch should shoot both Lamela and Kane, then have their dead bodies quartered by the rest of the squad, then outsource disposing of the bodies to the Saudi secret service for that sort of stupid play.

I still think some of his decision making and positioning when pressing leaves clear room for improvement. Hopefully with more game time that will come. Can't really question his work rate so as long as he can integrate Pochettino's instructions on pressing it should come.

His aerial ability and strength when holding on to the ball under pressure has really impressed me. Didn't see that coming. Quality player and great value for what we paid. With his age and this being his first full season I think we can somewhat reasonably expect him to step up another level too.
Surely room for improvement but I have no problem with his positioning when pressing. He isn't really trying to cut off option but entrapping the player with an interception tackle. We need one of those up front to forcing the opponent to take more risks going forward.

I think the team can do better in double teaming with him in presssing, and also better supportive runs when playing. Sometimes it feels that our own players get overawed with his mazy runs.

Messi doesn't run out of options in Barca. There's always someone in a great position to lay off to when he his mazy run is about to end.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Lucas got lucky that the Snodgrass tackle didn't do more damage!
What really is the point of having referees who simply not fit for purpose like Matin Atkinson who was a bloody disgrace.
Sack the buggers I say!

Back