• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just popped up on twitter :)
DUyphHHX4AMMyR4.jpg

and this is the difference between us and City, City would play 5 or 6 attackers even against decent sides, we won't even do that at home against teams who park the bus, it annoys me massively

Me too and I’ve said as much about it on here. People then defended playing two defensive midfielders in those games...you have to attack. Try to score more, even if you concede. Why be at all defensive against teams that evidently do not want to play?

and this is the difference between us and City, City would play 5 or 6 attackers even against decent sides, we won't even do that at home against teams who park the bus, it annoys me massively

I'm sure I've said on this forum before that there's no reason why in certain games Eriksen can't slot in with Wanyama or Dier, and have the 3 AMs and Kane in front of them. Shape-wise I'm sure KDB and D.Silva have done similar alongside Fernandinho and had 4 attacking players ahead.

I'm sure I've said on this forum before that there's no reason why in certain games Eriksen can't slot in with Wanyama or Dier, and have the 3 AMs and Kane in front of them. Shape-wise I'm sure KDB and D.Silva have done similar alongside Fernandinho and had 4 attacking players ahead.

I like it.

I must reluctantly give credit to Guardiola for his system at Emirates Marketing Project - just a small tweak from 4-2-3-1, but I actually think an innovative one (for the PL at least) and an effective one!

Obviously having by far the most expensive team in the league helps him too...

This would be an about turn on what has proved one of our biggest successes of the last few seasons, our full backs pushing on.

I cant see the team above ever taking the field. Poch rarely even got Son in with Alli and Eriksen so I see no chance of him getting all 4 in with Kane up top.

99% sure he will rotate Moura with Son, and also use him off the bench if needed.

Not a great 2 weeks for Lamela after battling back from such a long injury. Firstly, Sissoko is preferred, and then we sign someone who will compete for his position.

I think Poch evolves tactically with the players at his disposal. We've gone with back 4s and back 3s depending on who he wants to fit into the team. So I think it is possible for Poch to evolve our full-back play if we have certain players he wants to fit in. We'll see what happens, but there must be a reason Poch has continually wanted to add a pacey attacking midfielder to the side in addition to Son (none of them working out yet).

The real question is - when fit, will Poch start him? In particular, will he start him in preference to Sissoko, who he has said "brings balance to the team" .

Also, will he go the way of Lennon, Townsend, Chadli, N'Jai, NKD? Hope not - but wingers don't seem to flourish under Poch.

Sissoko and Moura arent even remotely in competition.

He will be in direct competition with Lamela as it stands.

Competition for first player off the bench? Our first choice 3 behind Kane at the moment are Dele, Eriksen and Son...and actually in the event that we had our entire first 11 available, you might have to pick 6 for the bench from say: Trippier, Davies, Sanchez, (Foyth), Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura and Llorente

Competition for first player off the bench? Our first choice 3 behind Kane at the moment are Dele, Eriksen and Son...and actually in the event that we had our entire first 11 available, you might have to pick 6 for the bench from say: Trippier, Davies, Sanchez, (Foyth), Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura and Llorente
That's a strong bench.

That really depends upon requirement at the time.

If we wanted to add to our attack I would still suggest Moura and Sissoko are not in competition at all :D

That is a much better looking bench though, goes to show how injuries have robbed us this year

Sissoko and Moura arent even remotely in competition.

He will be in direct competition with Lamela as it stands.

Lamela isn't even in the current starting X1. I didn't say Sissy and Moura were the same type of player, but they most certainly are in competition for a place in the team - along with all the other players.

You might have said they arent the same type of player, but you did say

In particular, will he start him in preference to Sissoko

Which draws a fairly obvious conclusion - hence my response that these two players are not in competition.

To follow your logic, Kane and Lloris are also in competition for a place in the team - you might want to re think it.

If the choice was explicitly between Sissoko and Moura, as you say, then it might be better framed as a choice between formations, as thats the only way its a direct choice to make.

Otherwise you are basically talking nonsense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back