• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

London Marathon

Spurmac1974

Reto Ziegler
I ran this on Sunday, what an atmosphere. If the people supporting along the course are anything to go by then England ain't all bad:)

have you just finished?

;)

good work, I've never done it, I'm a terrible runner, what time did you get and how was that compared to your expectations?

Well done!

I've applied every year for the last four or five but have never got in.

I'm not sure I actually want to put myself through the amount of training necessary (love running but 10k- a half has always been a more comfortable distance!) but there is something special about the London marathon that means I'd give it a go if I could.

Were you running for a charity or for yourself. I've tried to get in for the last four/five years,no joy,got numerous crappy virgin rain coats and sweat shirts that were too small. Given my entrance fee to charity,still no joy.
Charites expect you to raise over a £1000 if they run for one of them.

Will try again next week when the window opens.

What was your time Spurmac, good on you! I'm doing the Hackney Half on Sunday, about my level at the moment. Put myself in the ballot for next year's Marathon.

Sorry didn't realise there was replies! Ran it in 3:51 which was 7 minutes quicker than my previous best in Dublin. Would encourage anybody to try and run it,superb event and a great way to see London. Ran it for Diabetes UK as my son(9) and wife both have Type 1 Diabetes. Still wrecked from it now though, been tired for 2 weeks!!

Great time, good job! I've had to pull out of a few 10ks and half's I had lined up as I've broken my left foot, gutted as I'd just set a pb for 10 miles! Would be sods law that I get into the marathon this year now!

Great time, good job! I've had to pull out of a few 10ks and half's I had lined up as I've broken my left foot, gutted as I'd just set a pb for 10 miles! Would be sods law that I get into the marathon this year now!

Aaand I got in - typical!

Plenty of time to get training, if you regularly run 10 miles then it shouldn't take as long as some people need to spend though understand the frustration of course that you want it to be in a good year when you feel fully fit.

I didn't get in through the ballot. Gutted. Still have a few charities I've applied with to hear back from. Let's see. Thinking of doing the Paris Marathon as it's easier to get into apparently.

Haha. You'll be golden mate. Plenty of time to recover and train. Have you started managing to run again?
I have but dear ghodd I'm out of shape! First run was a mile in ten minutes and I was dead, ridiculous!

I did rebreak my foot though so it was almost five months out.

Ran a 5k last week in under 8m30 miles so getting better and should be OK for april. I just always said if I get in I'll want a sub 4h time and this is easily the worst shape I've been in for a decade so its going to be tough.

Just going to spend the next two months getting regular miles and slow improvemrnts under my belt without worrying about speed or distance, then I'll push on with a training plan in January.

Plenty of time to get training, if you regularly run 10 miles then it shouldn't take as long as some people need to spend though understand the frustration of course that you want it to be in a good year when you feel fully fit.
Well, I regularly ran 10 miles up until breaking my foot - I'm months away from that at this point!

Still, it was always going to be a challenge anyway!

Were you running for a charity or for yourself. I've tried to get in for the last four/five years,no joy,got numerous crappy virgin rain coats and sweat shirts that were too small. Given my entrance fee to charity,still no joy.
Charites expect you to raise over a £1000 if they run for one of them.

Will try again next week when the window opens.

......another rejection......another fleecy jacket that be too small for me....loss track now.6,7 or 8 times now....someone did work out the success rate of getting in....winning the lottery ratio i think....

I didn't get in through the ballot. Gutted. Still have a few charities I've applied with to hear back from. Let's see. Thinking of doing the Paris Marathon as it's easier to get into apparently.

There's not even a ballot for Paris. I'm already in!

I ran my first Half Marathon event at the weekend. Managed a time of under 1 hour 45 minutes, which I was happy with. I think I can improve upon that as I had only ever ran that distance twice before. Over the last couple of miles, I struggled due to my lack of endurance over longer distances.

Now to train for Paris!

Back