• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

@ Jimmyb

You wrote "Evra wasn't demonised by racists at Anfield any more than Sol Campbell is demonised by racists whenever he comes to the Lane."

Sol Campbell was booed because he left Spurs to play for arsenal and all that he did with it. Its not racist to boo a black player.

Remind yourself why Evra was booed though.

Because a Liverpool player called him a n#gger, and got found out. Who other than a racist prick would boo Evra for that. Even if you have a hang up on the tribunal, how the hell can you boo Evra?

Suarez admitted saying it. How come Suarez is the victim of language breakdown, but Evra doesnt have that benefit? EVEN if Evra did take it the "wrong" way, why is he not the victim?

er.....what ?
Suarez speaks spanish - so him using the term 'negro' when referring to a person that has black skin is the same as an english speaking person using the term 'black man' or whatever

Even in spanish it can be offensive. It depends how you use it. He used it with intent to insult. Thats racist.

What dont you get?

Do you think two people having a heated, ongoing row, and when one slags off the others family (from what Ive heard, and if so, also out of order), that the other replies with "listen black person..."

Take your head out the sand and stop being so silly. Its really a lost cause. The evidence was strong enought to convict, and that doesnt change no matter how many people want to paint Suarez as the real victim.

Last edited:
and what does this even mean ?

evidence to the contrary of what ?

there isn't enough evidence in that report to punish Suarez for making racist remarks IMO - its all hear say and second hand accounts of what might have been said apart from one exchange that both players agreed took place - if you can be arsed to actually read through what has been posted before you just posted that load of nonsense you'll see what im referring to

if you accuse someone of saying something you need to be able to prove that they said it in order for them to be punished - they don't need to prove they didn't say it in order to be considered innocent

They didnt need to prove he said it

Sorry mate...I have spent a fair amount of time in Brazil, Argentina, Chile (and Mexico for that matter) and I have never, ever heard anyone use the word 'negrito' in a friendly, happy-go-lucky way (nope, not even in the way tossers here would when trying to sound 'urban' despite being middle class white kids from Cheam)...it was a pathetic defense in the year 2012, furthermore, why aren't there South American players being suspended week after week in the Prem for saying it? Because anyone with a degree of common sense knows there are many many other ways to refer to people than by their skin colour.

Add to that - he's spent circa 5 years in Holland, played a number of internationals around the World. I honestly do not believe he's as naive as he's trying to make out,
And saying he has a black grandparent (I think), that's another weak argument.

Sorry mate...I have spent a fair amount of time in Brazil, Argentina, Chile (and Mexico for that matter) and I have never, ever heard anyone use the word 'negrito' in a friendly, happy-go-lucky way (nope, not even in the way tossers here would when trying to sound 'urban' despite being middle class white kids from Cheam)...it was a pathetic defense in the year 2012, furthermore, why aren't there South American players being suspended week after week in the Prem for saying it? Because anyone with a degree of common sense knows there are many many other ways to refer to people than by their skin colour.

You might well have spent time in South America (I have too, by the way) but that doesn't mean that you are necessarily intimately familiar with Latin American culture and the South American Spanish vernacular.

In your time there, you might never have heard the words "negro" or "negrito" used in the context described. But the context very much exists. And it is common. It's an unarguable fact, fella.

As for common sense and leniency, he would absolutely have got it had he held his hands up, apologized and moved one. Ditto his absurd club and their frankly pathetic 'stand' (that t-shirt was just stupid)...you don't believe that with a degree of contrition and apology he wouldn't have got a slap on the wrist and maybe a 2-3 game suspension tops?

Agreed that Liverpool played the whole situation very badly.

As to Suarez, he admitted that he did say the word. He only denied that he meant it as a racial slur.

By the way, did Evra apologize for his slur - against Suarez and his family? Was he punished?

You can tell from Suarez's face that he's not exactly saying "hello me old black mucker". It's all screwed up with hate.

The mere fact that Suarez looked angry isn't evidence of racism. I repeat the example I used earlier in the discussion:

"For fudge's sake, you're really tinkling me off, mate. You're behaving like a total clam. fudge off."

"Mate", in English, may not mean exactly the same thing as "negro" in Spanish. But the example does show how a harmless and friendly word can be used in the midst of an angry exchange.

@ Jimmyb

You wrote "Evra wasn't demonised by racists at Anfield any more than Sol Campbell is demonised by racists whenever he comes to the Lane."

Sol Campbell was booed because he left Spurs to play for arsenal and all that he did with it. Its not racist to boo a black player.

Remind yourself why Evra was booed though.

Because a Liverpool player called him a n#gger, and got found out. Who other than a racist prick would boo Evra for that. Even if you have a hang up on the tribunal, how the hell can you boo Evra?

Suarez admitted saying it. How come Suarez is the victim of language breakdown, but Evra doesnt have that benefit? EVEN if Evra did take it the "wrong" way, why is he not the victim?

With respect, you're still missing the point, fella.

Liverpool fans don't believe that Suarez had any racist intent. They believe that he is a victim of cultural misunderstanding.

Whether or not they are right to do so is irrelevant. The point is that their support for Suarez is not, in their eyes, support for a racist.

And their booing of Evra is therefore not booing of a victim of racism but rather booing of a player who plays for their most hated rivals; booing a player, moreover, who has admitted that he made vile comments towards Suarez in Spanish and whose word is the sole evidence used to determine Suarez' 8 game ban. Yet, despite Evra's seedy role in the whole affair, he got off scott free.

Imagine that Spurs had had one of our best players banned for eight games, purely on the basis of an Arsenal player's accusation, after that Arsenal player had provoked an incident......you think that Arsenal player wouldn't get booed the next time he came to the Lane.........?

Like fudge, he wouldn't.

He admitted it.

Suarez admitted that he used the word. But in a context which is very different to that which Evra claimed he meant it.

The tribunal haven't come remotely close to proving that Suarez said what he said with racist intent.

Suarez admitted that he used the word. But in a context which is very different to that which Evra claimed he meant it.

The tribunal haven't come remotely close to proving that Suarez said what he said with racist intent.

What I said to Billyiddo

Do you think two people having a heated, ongoing row, and when one slags off the others family (from what Ive heard, and if so, also out of order), that the other replies with "listen black person..."
Take your head out the sand and stop being so silly. Its really a lost cause. The evidence was strong enought to convict, and that doesnt change no matter how many people want to paint Suarez as the real victim.

Last edited:
What I said to Billyiddo

You're looking at it from a Western European perspective. Which is understandable.

But Evra addressed Suarez in Spanish. So Suarez naturally responded in the Spanish vernacular.

And as I've pointed out a number of times already in this thread, it's perectly possible to use a harmless word in the midst of an angry exchange.

People keep saying its no different to saying "mate"or "black", so whats wrong with my example.

Just cos he was speaking Spanish, its still absurd to imply he was being friendly

no matter how convincingly Suarez tried to explain his case, it is quite possible that the panel members simply could not get their heads around the fact that the word "negro" has an entirely different meaning in his language and culture than it does in ours. Had the panel been made up of Latin Americans rather than Western Europeans, I suspect that there would have been a different outcome.

lucky it wasn't the panel to decide that bit then, isn't it. instead, getting language experts in who DO KNOW what is what. and the panel based their decision on what the EXPERTS told them.

Yes, Suarez should have known better. But since there is no proof that he meant the word "negro" in any way other than that in which he and all other Latin Americans commonly and harmlessly use the word, a little common sense and leniency was called for.

except the bit where his ENTIRE DEFENCE was that he said it in a conciliatory manner, in order to be friendly. then when he was asked repeatedly whether that was ACTUALLY TRUE, he evaded the question FOUR TIMES with answers not relevant to the question, and when it was pointed out it was a yes or no answer, he said no it wasn't meant in a friendly conciliatory manner. HE SAID SO himself.

And an equal punishment for Evra - which was not forthcoming.

For what exactly?

Odd how Liverpool fans were so ready to passionately defend Suarez due to the fact that there wasn't enough concrete evidence (other than Suarez admitting using the word and Evra reacting angrily to it), but they're totally certain that Evra is lying through his teeth even though there is zero evidence whatsoever.

Odd how Liverpool fans were so ready to passionately defend Suarez due to the fact that there wasn't enough concrete evidence (other than Suarez admitting using the word and Evra reacting angrily to it), but they're totally certain that Evra is lying through his teeth even though there is zero evidence whatsoever.

This is the same set of people crying out for justice for the dead 96 Liverpool fans, whilst conveniently forgetting that they were crushed to death by..........Liverpool fans.

Its always someone elses fault.

This is the same set of people crying out for justice for the dead 96 Liverpool fans, whilst conveniently forgetting that they were crushed to death by..........Liverpool fans.

It's not a very popular view to have, but I have always felt this. It was a totally awful, horrible thing; I can't imagine how terrible it must be to be crushed to death by the sheer mass of people, but what do they want in terms of justice? What does that mean?

Im glad the is someone else on here who thinks this. Hillsborough would never have happened if their fans had not tried to get into a match they did not have tickets for, yes the sun were wrong to print the stories they did and the police and stewards could have reacted better, but they would not have needed to if the scum bag liverpool fans had not tried to get into a game they did not have tickets for.

Back