1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

LiVARpool - 2019/20 Premier League Winners

Discussion in 'General Football' started by southstand1882, 28 Jan 2012.

1. totman

totman Steve Hodge

My overwhelming sense was that Suarez called him a n#gger, and meant it. But there you go.

2. Spursalot

Spursalot Jimmy McCormick

One mans word? erm.. Evra said he said it, Suarez admitted he said it, Pretty sure that's at least two people.

3. jimmyb

jimmyb Milija Aleksic

Erm.....yes, Suarez admitted that he used the word "negro".......in its Latin American context. Evra claimed that Suarez used the word as a racist insult. Two very different things.

So I'll repeat: Suarez was convicted on the basis of one man's word.

4. linnet_spur

linnet_spur Pascal Chimbonda

You were there? cool, give us the full lowdown of the case.

5. Papercut

Papercut Jermaine Jenas

I imagine they would have spoken to players/staff/officials too.

6. jimmyb

jimmyb Milija Aleksic

Is that directed at me?

If so, I didn't have to be at the tribunal to know that Suarez was convicted on the basis of one man's word.

It is common knowledge that no one else heard anything of the exchange between the two. No one, other than the two of them, would have known about the details had Evra not complained to the FA.

7. totman

totman Steve Hodge

You seem very sure that there is no possibility whatsoever that there is a chance, that maybe, just maybe, there are things from the case that came out that we dont know.

We know less than the panel. They decided it was racist an intentional. You want to contest that, based on...........nothing, then fine.

But you are sounding alot like the scousers at the moment, and they sound like idiots.

8. linnet_spur

linnet_spur Pascal Chimbonda

You can't be convicted of anything based on one man's word.

I'm sorry, but if he wasn't guilty Liverpool would have appealed and then taken it to CAS and whoever else will listen. They knew they had no case once they read the report so had to accept the charge.

9. jimmyb

jimmyb Milija Aleksic

You think that if there had been compelling, verifiable evidence that it wouldn't have been made public?????

Really???

So the authorities just arbitrarily decided to withhold this crucial evidence from the public???

You don't think that they would have been falling over themselves to show us why they had come to their decision???

You don't think that it might have occurred to them that the elimination of doubt might have been a good thing???

You think, instead, that they wanted to leave Liverpool fans with an overwhelming sense of injustice???

That they wanted Evra to be booed and demonised despite being the victim of an easily verifiable racist slur???

Now that does sound genuinely idiotic.

10. jimmyb

jimmyb Milija Aleksic

Not in a court of law, you can't.

But in a football tribunal...........apparently, you can.

There are a number of reasons why Liverpool might not have appealed. Knowledge of guilt is only one.

11. Papercut

Papercut Jermaine Jenas

I don't think it was solely based on words (although they may have contradicted themselves in their versions). Wouldn't video evidence have also been used to see if there were contradictions or supporting cases?

12. billyiddo

billyiddo Gary Stevens Staff Member

siding with Jimmy on this - i think some of you maybe be missing the point also - Suarez was found guilty before the tribunal had even taken place, no one is saying he didn't say what is alleged - just that as a case and with the evidence for it then there wasn't a whole lot to base the verdict on

13. jimmyb

jimmyb Milija Aleksic

According to the reports, only a small part of the exchange was captured on camera. But the little video evidence that they do have was inconclusive.

14. jimmyb

jimmyb Milija Aleksic

Bingo.

15. southstand1882

southstand1882 Mitchell Thomas

Who cares.

He's a cheating, diving clam, with brick teeth.

Oh, and he's a clam.

16. totman

totman Steve Hodge

17. braineclipse

braineclipse Chris Jones

Wasn't the point that they made a very basic zero tolerance policy. On the pitch of a football ground the players should just leave any reference to colour out of it. Doesn't matter what context, interpretation, excuses or explanations the players had. Simple rules, zero tolerance, simple to deal with, no confusions and no loop holes to hide in.

18. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Paul Robinson

That not on the basis of one man's word then.
    He was convicted because they interpreted that he meant offence by using the word repeatedly during a heated argument.
    Suarez reckoned he was trying to calm the situation by calling Evra 'black' as a friendly gesture.

The also reckoned Liverpool had inconsistent evidence and threw evidence by Kuyt and Commoli out as false.

Ideally everyone should read the full 115 page report http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/Disciplinary/Written%20reasons/FA%20v%20Suarez%20Written%20Reasons%20of%20Regulatory%20Commission.ashx

19. mick cooper

mick cooper Neil Sullivan

I'd like to ask a question, and there is no hidden intent, its a genuine question because I don't know the answer

Is it considered racist to use the word negro, in conversation?

such as

"Can you tell me where to find Bill Smith?"

"Bill? he's the negro in that group of guys talking, over there."

Would it be any different from

"Bill, he's the Chinese/Indian/Caucasian in that group of guys talking, over there."

20. Yossarian

Yossarian Steve Hodge

I think it has been beyond the pale for about 35 years Mick, although I'm no expert.