• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

'Lightweight' Luka

Yeah he's following us, so is Bale ! Hopefully we'll see them next season, up close and personal again !

Thanks for the memories ... we are making new ones now ;-)

COYS !!!

Never held it against him for leaving us for Real Madrid, or even for kicking up a fuss and wanting to leave. He was clearly one of the best midfielders in the game and should have been playing in the Champions League, not alongside Peter Crouch.

What annoyed me was him coming out saying he wanted to join Chelsea. And bigging up what a massive club they are. As a Spurs player he should have been aware of the rivalry, the sensitivity of the issue and how Levy was never going to sell to them.

Easily the best CM I've seen in my time as a fan though.

Never held it against him for leaving us for Real Madrid, or even for kicking up a fuss and wanting to leave. He was clearly one of the best midfielders in the game and should have been playing in the Champions League, not alongside Peter Crouch.

What annoyed me was him coming out saying he wanted to join Chelsea. And bigging up what a massive club they are. As a Spurs player he should have been aware of the rivalry, the sensitivity of the issue and how Levy was never going to sell to them.

Easily the best CM I've seen in my time as a fan though.

This for me. I don't expect Spurs players to turn Real Madrid down. As much as it hurts to say it, Chelsea at the time were a better side than us and were perennial CL contenders, not just participants. But there was no need to publicly mug us off like he did "Chelsea are much bigger and better" etc.

You can imagine the fuss there would be on here if Jol, Redknapp or Poch had done the same.

He looked like such a fragile little bird on the telly, he must be miniscule in real life. The sort of bloke you would fart in the general direction/ face of, on the escalator up from the tube. Crazy that he has such strength tucked away. It is no wonder he can keep running all game, he is built for it. Unlike the big lads like Dembele/Dier.

Glad he has been recognised not just for his ability but also for being a great team player, doesn’t need all the preening, tatts, beard or haircuts that so many feel is necessary to stand out. The Chelsea noises were ill advised and I thought I’d never forgive him for it but I do take pride in our role in developing him as a player and would now love him to finish his career here and mentor some of our young uns...unfortunately Real haven’t found a shiny new toy to replace him with and it’s probably more like semi retirement playing for them in La Liga then to come back to the Prem.

My "favourite" Spurs player is Ossie and Luka is a better player. The stuff with Chelsea was a negative, but he didn't end up going there. I can't help be anything but positive about about a player of the year award not going to a forward.

However, unrealistic, you can't help wonder about our current side plus Bale and Modric. Backup for Kane and Dembele solved. ;)

My "favourite" Spurs player is Ossie and Luka is a better player. The stuff with Chelsea was a negative, but he didn't end up going there. I can't help be anything but positive about about a player of the year award not going to a forward.

However, unrealistic, you can't help wonder about our current side plus Bale and Modric. Backup for Kane and Dembele solved. ;)

Stop it!

Modric is the original pocket battleship, as dogged as they come. But the thing for me that raises him high above all other midfielders is the way - game in, game out - he allies his tireless grit and determination with those dazzling, immaculate passes that he sprays to all parts with the outside of his boot. I could watch him doing that all day long and never tire of it.

Richly deserves his award.

While Modric was here i always said/thought he reminded so much of Ossie, since he left us he has stepped up even more so agree he is probably a better player then Ossie ( but only just).

The stuff with Chelsea was a negative, but he didn't end up going there.

The fact that as soon as the transfer window shut he got on with it (and scored a screamer vs Liverpool) and had an amazing season fully redeems him for me. Would have been easy to just pack it in an await his move, but that season he was immense and ended up with a better move from himself.

Has Modric just won the ballon d'or, or is this yet another pointless reward I haven't heard of before?

It's the FIFA one, which was the same as the Ballon d'Or for a few years, but FIFA decided to introduce a new version. The awards had the following timeline according to Wikipedia.

Ballon d'Or (awarded by France Football) 1956-2009, 2016-present.
FIFA World Player of the Year (1991-2009)
FIFA Ballon d'Or (awarded jointly by FIFA and France Football) 2010-2015
The Best FIFA Men's Player (2016–present)

It's the FIFA one, which was the same as the Ballon d'Or for a few years, but FIFA decided to introduce a new version. The awards had the following timeline according to Wikipedia.

Oh, ok, makes sense. :p Thanks. :)

It's a bit The People's Front of Judea.

Back