• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

'Lightweight' Luka

Not really. How does that photo come about? It's staged, so someone has said lets get Luka & Gareth together.

On first impression it would just be an opportunistic snap as there may be some interest in seeing them together as being old Spurs boys.

Is it common? I can't say I've noticed it before, I don't remember pics of Carrick and Berbatov together when Man U won things. Are there pics of Lampard and Cole together when they win things for the West Ham fans??

When you think about it, it's odd. That's why I'm asking. Are the intentions of the person getting the two of them together and taking the photo to highlight that it's 2 players who have made a step up.

Or ask yourself this - if when we win a trophy next season, will there be a photo of the two Kyle's together for the benefit of Sheff Utd supporters, or did we do this for Dawson/Jenas when we won the league cup with them?? (We still had those 2 players right?)

I just find the whole affair a little belittling.

Perhaps Bale and Modric developed a friendship during the years they played together at Spurs

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

article-1326139-0BE2223D000005DC-23_306x423.jpg

Whilst Carrick was sold during the same summer as Berbatov was purchased so probably never even so much as bumped into him at Spurs Lodge.

Surely Luka helped Gareth to settle in Spain and in Real in particular. They have good relations.

[TWEET]502030427654483968[/TWEET]

[TWEET]502030847235866624[/TWEET]

[TWEET]502037380321538048[/TWEET]

Those were the days...

[VINE]MnUVi2jA1wT[/VINE]

A shame that he used to scuff so many shots when he played for us but when he does catch one they are invariably beauties...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-youtube-top-five-gary-neville-gets-a-soaking
[video=youtube;WBWqQ58UEp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBWqQ58UEp8[/video]

I'm sure that Superted will be disgusted to see that Gareth Bale has joined in the belittling of Tottenham by retweeting that photo of them with the CL trophy when wishing Luka happy birthday... [-X

@GarethBale11: Happy Birthday Luka, fantastic player and a great lad!! #felizcumpleaños https://twitter.com/GarethBale11/status/509359263676788737

and another cynically staged photo of Luka and Gareth to wind up us Spurs fans, sitting next to each other on the flight to a CL game :-&

ByzDSB_IUAAh5ut.jpg

Lol exactly. It's like your ex leaves you for a better looking guy and all you wanna do is keep talking about her! They were both world class but they've gone now move on.

They were a joy to watch. Can't really hold a grudge against them for wanting to move to a team that is simply miles and miles ahead of us.

Not having it, they are obsessed with us, more so than Barca, it's because they fear us getting to 11 European cups first, they'll be all over Kane next summer, mark my words.

BBC Sport - Luka Modric: Real Madrid midfielder outshining the rest

... His progress at Dinamo preceded a £16.5m transfer to Tottenham in 2008, although injuries and questions about his physical stature had to be overcome before he really began to shine. "I have great memories of Tottenham," he says. "I spent four great years there with a lot of emotions, with a lot of love from the club and the fans. I enjoyed every moment with Tottenham. But in one moment you feel you need to take a step forward, to go to a higher level. I think it was the right time for me to go, but I will always be thankful to Tottenham for everything they did for me. I became a better player there and they pushed me to this level where I am at the moment. I will always be a fan, I follow them a lot when I can."

Woah! Lump in throat, reading that. Wonder how many who raged at the way he held out against Levy have since moved on and now forgive him?

Back