• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Levy's Plan

Curious as to when our stadium design changed to what we have now, and why? Was there ever an article or quotes discussing it? Definitely prefer it now, but it is interesting.

Didnt we have a real lull in any action between struggling to get all the land, building permission and the Olympic site manouvres?

It took us effectively using the Olympic site (and the threat of contesting the decision) to finally get things moving in Tottenham, didnt it?

Im guessing, but Id suggest we took stock then, used the added time to really pin down what we wanted/needed etc.

Agreed - think the Chelsea design is fantastic really

Itmight look great in the flesh, but the renders do nothing for me.

Can’t make my mind up on the Chelsea design, sometimes I look at it and think it’s interesting, other times I think it’s like those concrete eye sores on the south bank.

I think it's great - its got an expressionist/Metropolis vibe, and its made of proper materials like brick and stone. No horrible wavy corners either

Exactly. Levy doesn't strike me as the romantic type either, all that stuff about his dreams and legacy goes out the window when the Sultan of Brunei shows him the money.
I think he is a romantic.
Introverts are usually very thoughtful, deep, emotional people, they just don’t show it.

People that are “all about the money” are perhaps more extrovert like Alan Sugar and Simon Jordan? It is hard to guess/generalise, but I think he’s a soppy romantic behind closed doors.

I also assume he dresses as a submissive sissy slave, but that’s more obvious to diagnose.

As an aside, and just to show how much Levy goes about his business out of the limelight, I looked on the OS for his official title and couldn't find him anywhere?

And we were singing
Bye, bye, to the London Five*
Drank a bevvie with the Levy
And the Levy was high
He’s got a great big Spurs, tattoo on his thigh
Saying “Tottenham ‘til the day that I die”

*Ars Cheat um... Spam.... er... Fulham... um... QPR? Come on, gimme a break here
Bye, bye, watch those gooner clams cry
Drank a bevvie with the Levy
And the Levy was high
He’s got a great big Spurs tattoo on his thigh
Saying “Tottenham ‘til the day that I die”

I think whats the most striking thing in all this is how Spurs has managed to put together a stadium move whilst building a great little team, remembering we were not a great team trying to maintain but build on and off the pitch. Doing one is tough, doing both is harder than alot give credit for.

Rhymes with TV or CV, though, not chevy or levee. The sun always shines on Levy . . .
Some people. Stop being right. That’s my job round here. OK, how about Abba’s Gimme Gimme Gimme;

Levy Levy Levy’s a legend at Totnum
Calculated shrewdness yields a favourable return

Happy now?

Back