• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Levy's Plan

We’ve also been a shower of brick of times since he took charge. In Pochettino, he finally got the man he’d been searching for since he fired Hoddle and it could not have been at a better time. Imagine if this new stadium had been happening with AVB / Sherwood? Is that luck or something else?

I’m not meaning to be overly critical of Levy...I truly think he’s one of the best, if not the best, in the League. Just think it’s important to revision-ise (not a word.) He’ s made some big errors in his time: sacking George Graham the week before a North London Derby FA Cup Semi Final, sacking BMJ at half time, selling Berbatov and getting Frazier Campbell to replace him, 2 points from 8 games, the AVB -> Sherwood debacle (and depending on which side of the Harry fence you sit on, sacking him after he finished 4th).

I think he wanted Graham out from the start, so he had to use that opportunity.

Jol should have been gone long before that season started. My biggest gripe there is that Levy didn't do it sooner.

When players start sulking or kick up a fuss there's not much you can do.

Redknapp and AVB brought about their own demise and put Levy in a position where he didn't have too many options. It may be that Sherwood is the price we had to pay to get Poch.

I think he wanted Graham out from the start, so he had to use that opportunity.

Jol should have been gone long before that season started. My biggest gripe there is that Levy didn't do it sooner.

When players start sulking or kick up a fuss there's not much you can do.

Redknapp and AVB brought about their own demise and put Levy in a position where he didn't have too many options. It may be that Sherwood is the price we had to pay to get Poch.
No pain, no gain.

I dont think he has totally fcuked off. I think he is a shareholder. :)

If he is, it must be in a very minor sense.

I don't speak with certainty on this, but as I recall, he divested his shares to ENIC in two blocks (he retained something like a 10% stake for several years after they took over, but eventually sold this to them too). As at today, I think ENIC own 90%+, perhaps 95%, of the share capital. My guess is that most of the remainder is made up of very minor fan hold-outs. But I could be wrong.

Levy strikes me as someone who would only make decisions based on what at the time was best for the club. He comes over as extremely focused and I really cant see him putting personal like or dislikes before the correct decision for the club/business.

This, of course Levy has made mistakes ( not many though) and i have never met ANYONE who has not. Overall though he has done a GREAT job and ( imo) is the best chairman in the game.

What I like about him and Poch is that they don't seem to chase the limelight and appear in the media at the drop of a hat.
Just imagine...

simon_jordan2_1573494c.jpg

Filing this under Levys-Plan given it's part of his long-term strategy right?

I'd like to draw your attention to the massive FREE Global brand PR Levy's pulling off for Spurs and he's getting paid for it...!

Enter the Brazil National Squad staying at the new Spurs Lodge. So I decided to look for some footage and stumbled across the Brazil National team homepage https://www.cbf.com.br/ that has a few vids from this week already.
upload_2018-5-29_19-37-30.png
upload_2018-5-29_19-39-53.png
upload_2018-5-29_19-41-12.png
upload_2018-5-29_19-42-40.png
upload_2018-5-29_19-43-23.png
upload_2018-5-29_19-57-58.png
upload_2018-5-29_19-58-56.png

The 40 bedroom (boutique styled) lodge attached to our training ground and facilities is going to be a very attractive proposition for any sporting team looking to train in London ahead of any events. Outside cold cash being paid, (would like to work out the potential value per week one day) think of the potential benefits for us:
- Strong Brand Exposure in the Country of origin (team staying)
- Secondary brand exposure globally when the team is high profile, (international or club teams)
- Players who stay see how good our place is :)
- Let us potentially smooth the negotiation process with any team/player staying

Any more?

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-29_19-53-0.png
    upload_2018-5-29_19-53-0.png
    335 KB · Views: 12
  • upload_2018-5-29_19-57-46.png
    upload_2018-5-29_19-57-46.png
    335.9 KB · Views: 10
Talk about free advertising.

Now if we kicked on and lift trophies all of this can build momentum with our global awareness.

The only time I went to the trainning centre the was a coffe stain on the floor of the lift and I felt the glass by the security hut at the start of the driveway was dirty.

Filing this under Levys-Plan given it's part of his long-term strategy right?

I'd like to draw your attention to the massive FREE Global brand PR Levy's pulling off for Spurs and he's getting paid for it...!

Enter the Brazil National Squad staying at the new Spurs Lodge. So I decided to look for some footage and stumbled across the Brazil National team homepage https://www.cbf.com.br/ that has a few vids from this week already.
View attachment 4531
View attachment 4532
View attachment 4533
View attachment 4534
View attachment 4535
View attachment 4538
View attachment 4539

The 40 bedroom (boutique styled) lodge attached to our training ground and facilities is going to be a very attractive proposition for any sporting team looking to train in London ahead of any events. Outside cold cash being paid, (would like to work out the potential value per week one day) think of the potential benefits for us:
- Strong Brand Exposure in the Country of origin (team staying)
- Secondary brand exposure globally when the team is high profile, (international or club teams)
- Players who stay see how good our place is :)
- Let us potentially smooth the negotiation process with any team/player staying

Any more?
Good to see so many roosters.

Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned in here, that Levy's plan, is most likely;

1. Build the club to Champions League participants on a regular basis,
  2. Construct a new stadium that allows us to capitalise on match day (and non match day) revenue,
  3. Get the club valued at somewhere between 1-2bn; and then,
  4. Sell it.

Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned in here, that Levy's plan, is most likely;

2. Construct a new stadium that allows us to capitalise on match day (and non match day) revenue,
  4. Sell it.
True if it was just about money.
But Levy has been a fan his whole life.
He is living his own dream.
His kids share that dream.
He may want to pass on that legacy.
He may not want to see •HIS• Spurs asset stripped by a random billionaire with no affinity for Spurs.

If he had an extra £300m or whatever, it makes little difference to his everyday life, he can already buy whatever he wants.

But if he sells Spurs, his dream is over and done before winning the final level

4. Sell it.
I think you're right. There has been incidents where it looked like he would have sold if a silly offer was made.
But against that, he attends every match, it's clearly in his blood. Now that he's got the big salary, I guess the question is whether the aggravation side of things is worth it. He could also sell, but keep an interest/position/stay chairman?
If we want him to stay, a song would be a start, it's well overdue.

I think you're right. There has been incidents where it looked like he would have sold if a silly offer was made.

Perhaps, but I wonder if that could, at least partly, be put down to simple moments of frustration. It hasn't always been the linear ascent it sometimes gets portrayed as, and let's be honest, he's copped a fair bit of (in my view mostly unfair) flak from us fans along the way. He's only human. It's to be expected that he might have had moments of doubt, perhaps even got close to throwing the towel in. Whether or not he'd sell now, or in the near future with his work really starting to (finally) pay off is the more interesting question.

I very much hope he wouldn't.

4. Sell it.

Not sure i agree with you num 4 point, i have heard over the years from lots of fans that " Levy is only in it for the money" " he will never build the stadium" " he will get the plans done and sell it" etc etc.

So far these fans have been wrong and thankfully most of them have gone back into the corner. What he has done has dragged our great club back from mediocracy we had sunk into before he arrived and lifted us to where we are now. I fully expect and hope he will continue here for many years to come because if/when he does we have a great future ahead of us.

True if it was just about money.
But Levy has been a fan his whole life.
He is living his own dream.
His kids share that dream.
He may want to pass on that legacy.
He may not want to see •HIS• Spurs asset stripped by a random billionaire with no affinity for Spurs.

If he had an extra £300m or whatever, it makes little difference to his everyday life, he can already buy whatever he wants.

But if he sells Spurs, his dream is over and done before winning the final level

Very good post.

Perhaps, but I wonder if that could, at least partly, be put down to simple moments of frustration. It hasn't always been the linear ascent it sometimes gets portrayed as, and let's be honest, he's copped a fair bit of (in my view mostly unfair) flak from us fans along the way. He's only human. It's to be expected that he might have had moments of doubt, perhaps even got close to throwing the towel in. Whether or not he'd sell now, or in the near future with his work really starting to (finally) pay off is the more interesting question.

I very much hope he wouldn't.
Me too.
I think the end game was always to fatten up the club and sell at a massive profit; I just think that scenario hasn't presented itself yet. IMO, the question is, how much has being the Spurs chairman got under his skin along the way?

Me too.
I think the end game was always to fatten up the club and sell at a massive profit; I just think that scenario hasn't presented itself yet. IMO, the question is, how much has being the Spurs chairman got under his skin along the way?

I'm sure the motivation is a mixture of the two factors - his passion for Spurs, and the investment project. Given what Enic acquired the club for, I'm sure that they could fairly easily have cashed out at any number of points in recent years at a very large profit - perhaps not full potential profit, but a very large return on their investment nonetheless. I guess we have to hope that the passion driving Levy accounts for why that hasn't happened, because as @Bullet says, I can't see him handing all this over easily somehow.

Levy doesn’t own it - he runs it for Joe Lewis, who is a businessman. When he thinks he can get the maximum price for it he’ll sell without hesitation, I would think.

Back