• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Let's all laugh at everyone

I didn't know that. So if it hits the post but then goes in off the keeper it doesn't count?

I can't for the life of me remember the teams and which World Cup, but I remember reading in my Orbis World Cup 90 binder back in the day about a penalty that hit the post, then hit the keeper's head as he was on the ground and went in? I think it was given but there was controversy about it?

a bit like us with Winks

also, that penalty, looks like a shootout, if so, by Fifa laws, its not a goal as the ball is ruled dead when forward momentum stops
Huge sidestep from laughing at people...

Could you see a penalty that the goalkeeper just keeps out with most of the ball being over the line, goalie pushes it onto the post and slightly further away from being a goal. Stopping the forward momentum. Then it goes in off the post. Thus disallowed?

Huge sidestep from laughing at people...

Could you see a penalty that the goalkeeper just keeps out with most of the ball being over the line, goalie pushes it onto the post and slightly further away from being a goal. Stopping the forward momentum. Then it goes in off the post. Thus disallowed?

the law is a bit of a mess, it's not explicit, and it's different from in game pens and shootouts, it's a very interesting quirk

thats normal penalties, I heard an interview with a ref who said it penalty shootouts they were advised to treat the ball as dead when forward movement ceased, as mentioned above it was due to a questionable awarded score in a penalty shootout in the WC (I think it was France - Brazil in 82?)

thats normal penalties, I heard an interview with a ref who said it penalty shootouts they were advised to treat the ball as dead when forward movement ceased, as mentioned above it was due to a questionable awarded score in a penalty shootout in the WC (I think it was France - Brazil in 82?)
It's nothing like that mate. The rules are as stated above. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's nothing like that mate. The rules are as stated above. Nothing more, nothing less.
There are often advisories over and above the rules though.

The Premier League do it every year before refs start ignoring the advice one month in.

I believe there once was a rule about the penalty being failed if the ball stopped moving forwards ( in penalty shootouts ). Then they came to their senses and removed this rule.

DQDR0kCX4AAeZq9

Back