• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Leasing a Car

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
More and more of my pals are leasing cars now rather than owning them

Having a look on the Motorama website and there are some decent deals

Anybody else lease or know of decent websites to look on

Sorry - it's not the question you've asked, but I always think leasing is really bad value. I just go and buy something with about 50k on the clock for two or three grand, and then run it into the ground over 5 or 6 years.

Think I've recommended Tilsun before.

Try and play one against another to get the price down.

Kind of, I buy on “option” deals, finance 50% of the car over three years (always have a newish car under warranty and not requiring MOT), at the end of the three years you can purchase outright or refinance, or, as I do, trade it in on a new one and start again, assuming I’m under the agreed mileage the difference in book value of the car and what I’ve paid up to that point is in my favour, that becomes the down payment on the next one, stress free motoring.

Also, time it right against their sales targets and you can get extras, I managed to get a three year service plan thrown in last time.

Depends on how much flexibility you want, if you know that you will be happy with your chosen vehicle and you will be financially stable over the term of the agreement then a lease is a great way of having a new car, as once you are in it, you can't get out of it

Hate the idea of paying anything off each month. Ive always had company cars but when I didn't I bought my cars outright. I purchased a car for my Mrs and stuck it on a 0% credit card for 18 months. At least if you are going to pay it off you wont get any interest charges.

Sorry - it's not the question you've asked, but I always think leasing is really bad value. I just go and buy something with about 50k on the clock for two or three grand, and then run it into the ground over 5 or 6 years.
I suspect Marky may be looking at a different level of motor from your good self... ;-)

If you want to pay monthly, why not just get a bank loan?

Look for something that's very nearly new with virtually no miles on it, put down a deposit and get the rest at 3%. If you take the loan over 4 years the car will always be worth more than you owe (unless you trash it). Just make sure you don't get the loan against the car or you can have trouble when it comes to selling it. Personal loans are running at around 3% right now - I can't imagine a leasing company will get near that.

Last edited:

My employer closed down our company car scheme, and gave us a cash allowance. This was at the time of a pending aquisition, we were going to be acquired, before the China / US trade war put paid to that last week..but as i was concerned about taking out any financial commitement, or liability, by way of PCP, Loan etc, due to the potential for redundancy, opted for a short term lease. I went with Vanarama (Autorama) on a 12 month deal, with up to 20K miles per year.
They were excellent to deal with. Probably limited car choice, colours/specs etc, but with my 1 year deal, have zero service/ maintenance costs. Very impressed with their prices.

As a side note the leasing/PCP etc world is a joke business that has run away with itself and will implode soon (much the way mortgage lending did).

If you've got a pulse, you can have a car, no regard for affordability, income, credit history. Just keep the car numbers ticking.

Back