• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2017/18

Tottenham v Brighton (20:00 GMT)

Tottenham put on a White Hart Lane performance at Wembley when they beat Stoke 5-1 on Saturday.

They created so many chances which is something they have not done at home very often this season, other than their 4-1 win over Liverpool in October.

Brighton will look to tighten up after their defeat at Huddersfield at the weekend, and they will have to be much better than they were in that game.

But I still only see one outcome for Seagulls boss Chris Hughton against the club he played at and coached at for years.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

I'm waiting for Lawro's prediction for the Emirates Marketing Project game, it'll either be 2-0 or 0-0.

TWUNT.

Emirates Marketing Project v Tottenham (17:30 GMT)
It is really important for Tottenham that Mauricio Pochettino's side acquit themselves well here. Spurs' record under him in the big games, especially away from home, has been poor - just one win in 17.

City have just been great and Tottenham will have to be at their best to hold them up - but I think they can be the team to do it.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

It is really important for Tottenham that Mauricio Pochettino's side acquit themselves well here. Spurs' record under him in the big games, especially away from home, has been poor - just one win in 17.

City have just been great and Tottenham will have to be at their best to hold them up - but I think they can be the team to do it.

1-1 is the new 2-0

I'd settle for that.

Burnley v Tottenham

Tottenham got battered by Emirates Marketing Project last week and they don't usually do well on the road against teams who are above them in the table.

Burnley have been on such a good run but they were probably relieved to get a point at Brighton last week, and I just wonder if the festive period might be hiccup time for the Clarets.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Swansea v Tottenham (19:45)

What a result for Swansea in Carlos Carvalhal's first game in charge. I saw them at Anfield on Boxing Day and they were abysmal in a 5-0 defeat, but the new manager brought them new energy and three much-needed points as they fought back to win at Watford last time out. That will lift them, but it is still the same set of players who have left them bottom. They are deep in a dogfight.

Spurs striker Harry Kane is suffering with a cold, but I'm sure he will shrug that off as he attempts to become the first player in 71 years to score hat-tricks in three successive English league games.

Lawro's prediction: 0-3.

Tottenham will be too strong for AFC Wimbledon - although their fans will get to enjoy a day out at Wembley.

2-0

Back