• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2017/18

Tottenham v Liverpool (16:00 BST)
It has been a good week for Tottenham, who broke their Wembley hoodoo in the Premier League by beating Bournemouth, and were very good against Real in their draw in Madrid in the Champions League.

Liverpool enjoyed themselves against Maribor on Tuesday but this is obviously going to be a much tougher game for them.

It is going to be close. I can see the Reds scoring, but I don't see them keeping Spurs out.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Man Utd v Tottenham (12:30 BST)

I was at United's defeat at Huddersfield last week and the worrying thing for me about it was that Mourinho's side had no fight about them in the first half.

It was a horrible day in the wind and rain and, to begin with, the Terriers were the only team that turned up. They got really tight on United and, apart from David de Gea in goal, no-one performed for them - they were like the invisible team.

United were better on Tuesday in their win over Swansea in the Carabao Cup, though, and I am expecting another improvement from them this weekend.

This is a little bit of a crossroads game for United, more than it is for Spurs. Mourinho's side made a really good start and had 20 points from their first eight games, including their draw at Anfield - which I thought was a decent result by the way.

But then they lost at Huddersfield and if they fall over again here then they could be eight points behind City, who go to West Brom on Saturday.

Tottenham, who are level on points with United, have title aspirations of their own of course - and this is a big week for them as they host Real Madrid in the Champions League on Wednesday.

A draw at Old Trafford would be a good result for them. For any of the top six teams. if they can go away to one of their direct rivals and get a point, I think they will be happy with that.

So 13 lines about man u getting beat last game out, but zip, nada, nothing about spurs beating liverpool last game, bitter or what?

If you work in the media and don’t laud the magical wonder gift that is liverpool football club you won’t be employed for long.

He’s onto a good thing and he’s smart enough to not spit in the soup.

If you work in the media and don’t laud the magical wonder gift that is liverpool football club you won’t be employed for long.

He’s onto a good thing and he’s smart enough to not spit in the soup.
Maybe it helps that he played for them 241 times winning 5 league titles, 3 League Cups, 1 European Cup and 1 FA Cup (not to mention the ScreenSport SuperCup and 2 Charity Shields) too?

Maybe it helps that he played for them 241 times winning 5 league titles, 3 League Cups, 1 European Cup and 1 FA Cup (not to mention the ScreenSport SuperCup and 2 Charity Shields) too?

Not with the Liverpool fans, they can't stand him. Probably because he dared predict they'd lose a game at some point.

Tottenham v Crystal Palace (12:00)

The confidence at Tottenham will be sky high after the performance and result against Real Madrid on Wednesday. I don't think there is any chance of a hangover from that victory with Mauricio Pochettino in charge. He is super prepared.

Palace may still be bottom but their performances have improved under Roy Hodgson: they beat Chelsea, should have had a point at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and then got a dramatic draw against West Ham last week.

He has improved them, but whether he can improve them enough remains to be seen. I look at Palace and I think 'can they get enough points between now and 1 January - i.e. the transfer window - to give themselves a chance of attracting the players they think might keep them up?'

I see Palace filling in the space at Wembley and making it difficult for Spurs, but I don't see them creating any problems.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Tottenham v Crystal Palace (12:00)

The confidence at Tottenham will be sky high after the performance and result against Real Madrid on Wednesday. I don't think there is any chance of a hangover from that victory with Mauricio Pochettino in charge. He is super prepared.

Palace may still be bottom but their performances have improved under Roy Hodgson: they beat Chelsea, should have had a point at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and then got a dramatic draw against West Ham last week.

He has improved them, but whether he can improve them enough remains to be seen. I look at Palace and I think 'can they get enough points between now and 1 January - i.e. the transfer window - to give themselves a chance of attracting the players they think might keep them up?'

I see Palace filling in the space at Wembley and making it difficult for Spurs, but I don't see them creating any problems.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0
2-0. Whodathunkit.

Arsenal v Tottenham (12:30 GMT)

This feels like a strange game to start us off again after two weeks without the Premier League.

There has still been plenty of hype about it, but I think there would have been more without the international break.

Will that hype be justified? Probably not. I have a feeling both teams will cancel each other out, and both of them will be happy enough with a point.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was unhappy with the decisions that went against his side in their defeat by Emirates Marketing Project last time out, but I was there - and City deserved to win.

Tottenham won their last game before the international break, against Crystal Palace, but they made hard work of it.

They will be better this weekend, though, because Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Harry Winks will all be back after missing out on England duty through injury.

any of top 6 vs. non top 6 = 2-0
any of top 6 vs top 6 = score draw

Really this is fudging analysis? fudge me, why don't we just right some machine learning code and put these macarons out of a job.

Back