• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2016/17

Tottenham v West Ham (17:30 GMT)

The contract situation at Tottenham concerning Harry Kane and Hugo Lloris is a really interesting one. How Spurs deal with that problem, and whether they match their wage demands or not, will be a sign of the club's ambition.

As for the game, Kane's fitness will have benefitted from being allowed to leave the England camp early. He should start, like he did against Arsenal before the international break, and he should be a bit sharper now.

Spurs have drawn their past four league games but I fancy them to win here. West Ham will have to wait to pull clear of the relegation zone.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Rick Astley's prediction: 2-1

Tottenham v West Ham (17:30 GMT)

The contract situation at Tottenham concerning Harry Kane and Hugo Lloris is a really interesting one. How Spurs deal with that problem, and whether they match their wage demands or not, will be a sign of the club's ambition.

As for the game, Kane's fitness will have benefitted from being allowed to leave the England camp early. He should start, like he did against Arsenal before the international break, and he should be a bit sharper now.

Spurs have drawn their past four league games but I fancy them to win here. West Ham will have to wait to pull clear of the relegation zone.

Rick Astley's prediction: 2-1
Lawro, you twunt, WE are never gonna give you up.

Chelsea v Tottenham (17:30 GMT)

On form, it is hard not to go with Chelsea at the moment. They are top of the Premier League, and flying.

In contrast, Tottenham are going through a dip, even if they did fight back to beat West Ham last time out.

Spurs do not look the same at the back without Toby Alderweireld, who will miss this game through injury, and Harry Kane is still getting his sharpness back up front.

As lots of people reading this will know, it is more than 26 years since Tottenham last won at Stamford Bridge. I think they will have to wait a bit longer to finally put that record to bed.

Lawro's prediction: 2 -0

Tottenham v Swansea City

Last weekend's defeat by Chelsea was the first of the season for Spurs in the Premier League but they had drawn a lot of games before then and have won just one of their last six league games.

Swansea ended their long winless run against Palace last time out, but they were obviously still all over the place at the back.

So, this seems to be the ideal game for Tottenham, who need a win to find their feet again.

Man Utd v Tottenham (14:15 GMT)

The last time Tottenham came here in the league was the first game of last season, when they were unlucky to lose out to a Kyle Walker own goal.

I don't see them losing on Sunday, though, and this is a really tough game for Manchester United, who have got a long trip and a frozen pitch to contend with in the Europa League on Thursday.

Some of Spurs' attacking players have started to rediscover their form. That, along with their defensive solidity, should ensure they don't leave empty-handed.

I'm going for another 1-1 draw, which seems to be the most popular scoreline at Old Trafford at the moment.

Tottenham are fifth going into the weekend, one place above United and to me they look more like breaking into the top four. They have more pace in their team and, at the moment, better players in key positions.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Tottenham v Hull (20:00 GMT)

Tottenham are clearly a good side but there is a 'but' and the but is there are a lot of games when they are ordinary and they don't have a cutting edge.

This should not be one of them. Hull got something out of their topsy-turvy game against Crystal Palace at the weekend but they let opposing teams have a lot of chances

Lawro's prediction: 3-0

Tottenham v Burnley (16:00 GMT)

Burnley's form has not got any better of late, and they still only have one goal on the road this season.

We are getting to the stage where I am thinking the score will be 'Burnley 0' whenever they are away from home.

Tottenham were decent against Manchester United without offering much of a threat, but they were too strong for Hull in midweek and I am expecting a similar outcome on Sunday.

Boris's prediction: I think Spurs are a force, especially at home, and they are going to win. 2-0

Back