• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Last night South Upper....is this OK??

This is the best club he's ever played for

& this was the version sung.

As for the Mascot chant, it was excellent, especially as it got changed to 'get the mascot off the pitch' after he committed a foul.

Also liked, '...he'll pay what he wants, he'll pay what he wants, he's Harry Redknapp, he'll pay what he wants...'

Quality.

If he gets off, we should "Tax-free for Arry" (to the tune of taxi for Maicon)

Its a massive problem. Ive had a few run ins with people on here who say "There moneys as good as yours" and I make them right. But Im a fan who will stand, chant and applaud all game with, believe it or not, very minimal negative shouting, but cant ever get a ticket! Then theres my mate whos got his bird a ST and she spends all game on her blackberry.

Yeah her money (Or my mates!!) is as good as mine absolutely. It just grates on me.

I go mental when i see we have scored on teletext.

Ill never forget. Aged 9. It was the opening game of the season. Looked on Ceefax I think and saw Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0-1 Tottenham FT
Sheringham 39

Went mad. I love Ceefax and Teletext. IIRC Ceefax has always been 302 but Teletext used to be 140 before changing to 401.

Ill never forget. Aged 9. It was the opening game of the season. Looked on Ceefax I think and saw Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0-1 Tottenham FT
Sheringham 39

Went mad. I love Ceefax and Teletext. IIRC Ceefax has always been 302 but Teletext used to be 140 before changing to 401.

I do not enjoy it as much on digitial when you can move through the pages at will. I like having to wait, made it more special to find out the score, the amount of times i stood in dixons when out shopping with the wife(1st and second) on a saturday afternoon with other men hunched round me as we would ask the sales assistant to show us a televisions teletext, they use to shake their head and walk off haha.

I do not enjoy it as much on digitial when you can move through the pages at will. I like having to wait, made it more special to find out the score, the amount of times i stood in dixons when out shopping with the wife(1st and second) on a saturday afternoon with other men hunched round me as we would ask the sales assistant to show us a televisions teletext, they use to shake their head and walk off haha.

If you pressed 140 and it was on 160 for example it would go up and up until it got back round to 140. It was quality! The suspense was incredible of a Saturday afternoon. I had to wait until the adverts if my dad was watching TV to check the updates!!!

This better not be a sign of the times but.....

i watched from block 40 in the south upper last night and although there were periods of the game where the action on the pitch was less than progressive, i could not quite believe what i witnessed after bale scored our third goal.

As bale shifted it and rifled it into the bottom corner boom we were up, marveling at the sheer ease of bales ability to just make something happen.

As i jump around enjoying the moment i happen to notice the two 'fans' next to us. It has hardly registered with them, stuck in their seats, no applause maybe a smile and one of them fiddling with his blackberry.
Fair enough they were up for the first two goals but if ever the thrill of seeing the spurs score leaves me then it is time to give up.

just too add they were not too old to stand and were not tourists, most likely season ticket holders or members at a minimum. is this ok??

They probably had a spot bet on us winning 2-0, and as soon as the third went in, t was 'interest over' as far as they were concerned! PLASTIC tacoS!

This better not be a sign of the times but.....

i watched from block 40 in the south upper last night and although there were periods of the game where the action on the pitch was less than progressive, i could not quite believe what i witnessed after bale scored our third goal.

As bale shifted it and rifled it into the bottom corner boom we were up, marveling at the sheer ease of bales ability to just make something happen.

As i jump around enjoying the moment i happen to notice the two 'fans' next to us. It has hardly registered with them, stuck in their seats, no applause maybe a smile and one of them fiddling with his blackberry. Fair enough they were up for the first two goals but if ever the thrill of seeing the spurs score leaves me then it is time to give up.

just too add they were not too old to stand and were not tourists, most likely season ticket holders or members at a minimum. is this ok??

Any season ticket holder or member would know that the mobile phone reception in WHL is poo poo, so they must have been "day-tripper's"? (at least I sincerely hope so!)

Any season ticket holder or member would know that the mobile phone reception in WHL is poo poo, so they must have been "day-tripper's"? (at least I sincerely hope so!)

Unfortunately not, they knew far to many people around them (old friend type greetings) and dashed off on 86mins. They burst back to life (slagging stylee) when we had a slack spell when wigan scored.

WHL tip: Switch your phone via settings to gsm network only (or 2g), all phones default to use the better faster networks and this is why the network is clogged up at the lane. Understandable really. switching will at least get your texts in and out.

I even jump up and down in my living room, pubs, bounce in my seat in the car if its on the radio. I cannot contain myself. So if that is what it has come to for them they should give up their Season tickets and let me have it :)

Same.........went mental in my local boozer last week watching the Emirates Marketing Project game when Bale scored!! Proper jumping around with the locals looking on bemused, some laughing at me.

I LOVE going fudging mental when we score.

A large % of our fans are clams.

Complain about players from the first minute, don't sing, don't celebrate....proper clowns

Back