• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

One of the decisions that has lead to Harry's downfall I think. Walker is young and athletic so so many Spurs fans continue to gloss over the fact he simply isn't good enough. If Corluka isn't to play for us again it means we need to buy a new right back in the Summer.

Unbelievable when ppl used to slag off the Lennon/Charlie right hand side thing. The grass isn't always greener fellas.

I think most people have realised by now that Walker's pace is useless for us when we attack.His defensive side of the game did improve in the last couple of months,but his positioning is still terrible and cost us a goal today and could have cost us another in the first half when Mata reacted poorly.

Corluka just offered so much more with his passing,crossing and brilliant through balls for Lennon.No wonder Lennon looked twice the player he is now when partnered with Charlie.

Corluka is back from a 6 week hamstring injury with Leverkusen and was on the bench for their last match. He's doing well there and has settled in Germany. I think he'll be gone in the summer if Leverkusen can afford him.

Google translation from http://globus.jutarnji.hr/zivot/nogomet-za-mene-nije-posao-toliko-ga-volim-da-bih-igrao-i-besplatno

What happened at Tottenham?

Start of the season was not good neither for me nor for the club. Absent with the results that we have, with regard to their quality, they had accomplished, and I'm injured and I lost a position. After the club began to rise and it was difficult to return to the team.

Are you planning to come back?

I have a contract with Tottenham until the summer 2014, so from that side there is an option open to return. However, Bayer has the option of buying my contract and, if it appears that both parties are satisfied, maybe I'll stay here, why not?

Truth is, we need both players. Walker was very good and deserved his place. But then needed a rest and Charlie could have come back in. Should have definitely kept Charlie at the club post Jan. A mistake to let him go.

Truth is, we need both players. Walker was very good and deserved his place. But then needed a rest and Charlie could have come back in. Should have definitely kept Charlie at the club post Jan. A mistake to let him go.

My guess is that Charlie will be sold if a good bid comes in and Naughton will be back to cover both right back and left back positions. Of course if we get a new manager anything can happen.

Walker needs to mature. Having Charlie around (what is he 26 now?) would have been good.

Games are won and lost on small margins and having a few more fresh, first team players around would have been good. Pienaar too.

Redknapp or whoever the next manager is need to keep Walker behind for an hour every day after training just crossing over and over again. Have someone running at him as well so he's doing it under pressure.

Must admit I've been disappointed with Walker's end product going forward. But on the plus side he has become a better defender.

He's still very young, and the only way he's going to develop if he is given a proper run in the side and has the opportunity to learn from his mistakes. I have no doubt that in 2-3 seasons if not sooner he would have developed into a top class RB. We're not a club in a position that can hand pick world class talent, we have to develop them meaning you have to allow them to make mistakes and learn from them.

He has all the attributes, keep the faith......

Back