• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

The homesickness thing is gonads. He still comes back to Sheffield over the summer, but they've been in London for 7-8 years now. Nick Barmby used it originally, but its some crap the spouted out whenever a northern club want a northern player.

Also the commute between Sheffield-Manchester is 90 minutes (why northern powerhouse is essentially about infrastructure improvements), compared to Sheffield-London 120, so it's really not that much closer at all

I wasn't suggesting that I believe that to be the real reason, just stating that if that were to be used as a an excuse for wanting away that Bayern would not exactly be a destination that would make much sense and therefore wouldn't be a goer.

Let's see now.

He is English. They need English players in their squad.
He is arguably THE best RWB defender in the world. They need arguably THE best RWB defender in the world.
He has oodles of PL experience at the top level. They desperately NEED players with oodles of PL experience at the top level.
He is also probably the fastest RWB in the world. They could really do with the fastest RWB in the world.
And he is probably just about at his prime. They need players at their prime.

And we are talking only £50m? They will bite our hands off.

Good points and i do agree, however i still think he will be here come kick off day.

Let's see now.

He is English. They need English players in their squad.
He is arguably THE best RWB defender in the world. They need arguably THE best RWB defender in the world.
He has oodles of PL experience at the top level. They desperately NEED players with oodles of PL experience at the top level.
He is also probably the fastest RWB in the world. They could really do with the fastest RWB in the world.
And he is probably just about at his prime. They need players at their prime.

And we are talking only £50m? They will bite our hands off.

I doubt we are talking £50m at all that is just newspaper talk. It might have been "offers in excess of £50m" meaning offer us £60m and we'll ask for more. this is Levy we're talking about.

Who cares about the fee.

It really doesn't matter what the fee is I just hope Walker is good for City. Which I think he will be.

Can we have a separate thread about transfer fees so anyone interested can bore off over there!

That kills the thread though? We all know Walker is coming so the entire thread is about shooting the brick :)

Centre-backs are worth more as its such as crucial position on the pitch. Walker's got 3 years at his best, we only want him for his pace and nationality, he's a full back, he doesn't have any decent experience in cup finals or the final stages of European competition either.

45 million should get you more than just pace and English nationality.

I think the fee is relevant in that there still seem to be clubs that regard City as a soft touch in the transfer market. We've gone some way to eradicating that, by walking away from the Pogba deal and by bringing in players such as Jesus, Sane and Silva cheaply and without any fuss. But some clubs such as Spurs probably still think that if they hold out long enough we'll cough up in the end. I'm not that bothered about the fee itself more the time it takes. If we're replacing almost an entire defence we need the new defenders on board well before the season starts.

Amazing what money can do to a fan base.

That's all quite funny. Their whole mentality assumes we give a toss about whether or not City are a soft touch in the transfer market, rather than it being about whether we really want or need to sell.

Yeah, absolutely no reason anyone would think that. Certainly not the post six above yours which said

At least not for the club that forked out £50m for Stones, £35m for Mangala, £35m for Otamendi, £49m for Sterling, £20m for a goalkeeper that could not catch a ball to save his life, and £35m for another goalkeeper that isn't a goalkeeper.

Or any of the ones on the preceding few pages saying pretty much the same thing.

£50mil only gets you in the door of Levy's office and when you finally leave you will feel violated. He won't be sold for that paltry figure in this market.

Exactly, and that's a coffee with no biscuits at best.
It's so laughable with what's being quoted around the 40 M mark. City are they to be financially raped, IF we decide to sell.

Exactly, and that's a coffee with no biscuits at best.
It's so laughable with what's being quoted around the 40 M mark. City are they to be financially raped, IF we decide to sell.

And will end up selling to Munich lol

70 million - it's nothing to them.

If they sign Alves as well he will be on the bench anyway as Pep will play him ahead of Walker.

Kyle Walker expects to be a Emirates Marketing Project player by the time Pep Guardiola's stars head off on their US tour to America next month.

Tottenham and England right-back Walker has told pals he hopes his move will happen in the next two weeks, despite Spurs chairman Daniel Levy playing hardball over the fee.

The two clubs are still some way apart in valuation with Levy demanding close to £50million for the 27-year-old, but an agreement is expected to be reached in the coming days.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino wants the deal rubber-stamped quickly so he can move for a replacement early in the window, which officially opens next Saturday (July 1).

And that could mean Walker lining up for City AGAINST Tottenham when the clubs meet in Nashville, Tennessee on July 29 in the International Champions Cup pre-season competition.

City, meanwhile, are still pressing ahead with plans to sign Juventus' former Barcelona star Dani Alves , who has been told by the Serie A giants he can leave Italy for a new challenge.

Guardiola - who coached Alves at Barca - plans to play the 34-year-old AND Walker on the Blues' right flank, with the Brazilian expected to take a more advanced role.

The duo will share defensive duties when City don't have the ball.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kyle-walker-face-tottenham-city-10680633

We don't need to sell. And we have a competent backup. And a promising youngster for that position. It makes no material difference if Walker stays or goes. Levy knows that City need a right back. He knows they need English players. He knows that there are no good alternatives. And City have the money. Levy has a good hand.

I think we should expect a world record fee for a defender.

Perhaps GG should have a policy of not posting (or removing) "articles" with no quotes, so I don't have to read the addled tripe made up in a dull moment by a hack with a deadline

Quotes mean nothing. When there are quotes they are either made up or taken out of context.

Back