• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Not sure I can see him going to Bayern if one of the alleged reasons is that his wife/girlfriend is homesick and wants to return to the north of England. Personally, I think he will be staying and will work out his issues with Poch unless City make a crazy bid and Poch evaluates that and feels that the money on offer combined with the disruption of keeping him is a better deal. I don't doubt that something has definitely gone on and if it was right for him in all aspects that Walker push to leave but I do honestly think he has an affection for the club that would make it more of a last resort than it would perhaps for other players within the squad.

The homesickness thing is gonad*s. He still comes back to Sheffield over the summer, but they've been in London for 7-8 years now. Nick Barmby used it originally, but its some crap the spouted out whenever a northern club want a northern player.

Also the commute between Sheffield-Manchester is 90 minutes (why northern powerhouse is essentially about infrastructure improvements), compared to Sheffield-London 120, so it's really not that much closer at all

The homesickness thing is gonads. He still comes back to Sheffield over the summer, but they've been in London for 7-8 years now. Nick Barmby used it originally, but its some crap the spouted out whenever a northern club want a northern player.

Also the commute between Sheffield-Manchester is 90 minutes (why northern powerhouse is essentially about infrastructure improvements), compared to Sheffield-London 120, so it's really not that much closer at all

It was more his old lady ( who i believe was a lot older then him) told him she wanted to move back North.

Lol and there they were thinking that we would say here you go city you have money pay the minimum for a player that just signed a new contract with the world cup around the corner ....

Financial fair play at its best

The homesickness thing is gonads. He still comes back to Sheffield over the summer, but they've been in London for 7-8 years now. Nick Barmby used it originally, but its some crap the spouted out whenever a northern club want a northern player.

I've been told that it is his missus that is keen on moving back up north. I do not know where she is from.

Google Maps timings for the car journey to Sheffield have it at 160 minutes from St Albans and 80 minutes from the villages south of Manchester where most of the footballers live.

I've been told that it is his missus that is keen on moving back up north. I do not know where she is from.

Google Maps timings for the car journey to Sheffield have it at 160 minutes from St Albans and 80 minutes from the villages south of Manchester where most of the footballers live.

They might settle closer to Sheffield and he can spend his time driving to and from training. Anything to keep the missus happy.

In fairness to all concerned, this is playing out exactly as it should. The manager has final say on who goes where, regardless of stated wishes. I would still be extremely surprised to see him here come Sept 1st.

Emirates Marketing Project have an enormous amount of endless cash. Directly inversely proportionate to their sense of reserve in the transfer market.

Any conversation with them needs to feature the words '£100m' in the opening gambit.

Example: How much for Vorm? £100m
How much for that turnstile? £100m

Not that Walkers worth that. But it's only about how much the buyer will pay - that is the only important metric. And City pay £50m just for a cinema ticket....

Let's see now.

He is English. They need English players in their squad.
He is arguably THE best RWB defender in the world. They need arguably THE best RWB defender in the world.
He has oodles of PL experience at the top level. They desperately NEED players with oodles of PL experience at the top level.
He is also probably the fastest RWB in the world. They could really do with the fastest RWB in the world.
And he is probably just about at his prime. They need players at their prime.

And we are talking only £50m? They will bite our hands off.

Thinking about it, that post undersells him because:

The last thing we want to do is to sell to a rival, let alone one of our biggest

Despite speculation that he wants to move back North, he has said he is happy to stay at Tottenham.

Above all we do not want to break up this team when we are poised to make our strongest bid for the League and desperately need to land some silver.

Back