• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

He was guilty of being overconfident today though. Great assist, but he tried to be clever with Arfield in the build up to their goal and got beaten. Also made a similar mistake early on which led to that great save by Hugo.

Passs from winks though cost him badly for the goal

He was guilty of being overconfident today though. Great assist, but he tried to be clever with Arfield in the build up to their goal and got beaten. Also made a similar mistake early on which led to that great save by Hugo.

Have a look at the buildup to the goal by Rose. Kane takes a significant risk in a similar area to get by a Burnley player and set up a counter attack. We were a bit lucky to get the ball to Sissoko after that, but had Kane taken the safe route and just turned towards his own goal we never would have scored that.

Similarly I think the first "mistake" by Walker was in a situation where there was a lot of space to be exploited had he managed to skip past the Burnley player. He succeeds with those way more often than he fails and he often gets himself in good positions as a result of it.

I think he needs that confidence and he needs to be allowed the occasional mistake in situations like that.

Maybe, i think Walker took a step back to give him more room to take the pass and move on and he was badly placed for the under hit pass and in no mans land. But it was one of those things that happen in games and in all honesty placing fault on either player is probably unfair.

I think Walker does better in that situation with that pass 9 out of 10 times at least. He got beaten, that rarely ever happens even when the opponent starts off with the ball at his feet, never mind in a 50/50 situation like that.

No doubt Winks should have done better too though. I agree with that.

I think Walker does better in that situation with that pass 9 out of 10 times at least. He got beaten, that rarely ever happens even when the opponent starts off with the ball at his feet, never mind in a 50/50 situation like that.

No doubt Winks should have done better too though. I agree with that.

Maybe he would/could, but i have heard fans at the game slag him off for which in all honesty was a poor ball from Winks. In the hurly burly of the game its not always easy to do the right thing all the time, my point is that its one of those things that happens and for SOME fans to make a meal of it is foolish and wrong ( imo).

Maybe he would/could, but i have heard fans at the game slag him off for which in all honesty was a poor ball from Winks. In the hurly burly of the game its not always easy to do the right thing all the time, my point is that its one of those things that happens and for SOME fans to make a meal of it is foolish and wrong ( imo).

Agreed. Particularly when it's rare and from a player that has been very good overall for us for some time now.

Walker is unreal for us now, you wait till a club like Madrid come in for him now, and I am serious, he would be right up their street

Walker's a risk taker, that's why some days (most of the time) he looks world class, or the best RB in this league anyway, but mistakes will happen because of those risks. I'm more than happy to live with that.

Passs from winks though cost him badly for the goal
I've just watched it again very closely and noticed that Winks' pass was strictly not the problem. He wins the tackle then touches the ball on to Walker who clearly gets to it just before Arfield. In that moment instead of blasting it into Row Z which he could quite easily have done, he attempts to gain possession. In doing so he allows the Burnley man the chance to stick a foot out from behind and rob him of the ball.

So for me the mistake is predominantly Walker's. You could argue that Harry might have put a tad more weight on the pass but it was up to Walker to make sure no danger ensued. He had the chance to clear it but didn't take it. Harry should be given credit for winning the tackle in the first place.

I've just watched it again very closely and noticed that Winks' pass was strictly not the problem. He wins the tackle then touches the ball on to Walker who clearly gets to it just before Arfield. In that moment instead of blasting it into Row Z which he could quite easily have done, he attempts to gain possession. In doing so he allows the Burnley man the chance to stick a foot out from behind and rob him of the ball.

So for me the mistake is predominantly Walker's. You could argue that Harry might have put a tad more weight on the pass but it was up to Walker to make sure no danger ensued. He had the chance to clear it but didn't take it. Harry should be given credit for winning the tackle in the first place.
Yes, that's what Tony Gale said at the time. Walker could easily have cleared but he chose to let it run and try to win clean possession and got robbed

Players make mistake's, it is quite a statement on Walker's progression that we have gone from

- 2+ years ago, where he made a brain fart or two every game
to
- arguing about "if" he was responsible for a series of events (with several other players) that led to a unfortunate goal.

He no longer needs his speed to make up for bad positioning (regular flaw in his original game), he's become a much better defender and recently is learning to pick his passes a lot better in final attacking play.

I would argue the only thing I would add to his game is the odd early shot, once he gets to the opposition box, players drop off him to double up, shooting occasionally might make him a little more unpredictable and harder to defend against.

Players make mistake's, it is quite a statement on Walker's progression that we have gone from

- 2+ years ago, where he made a brain fart or two every game
to
- arguing about "if" he was responsible for a series of events (with several other players) that led to a unfortunate goal.

He no longer needs his speed to make up for bad positioning (regular flaw in his original game), he's become a much better defender and recently is learning to pick his passes a lot better in final attacking play.

I would argue the only thing I would add to his game is the odd early shot, once he gets to the opposition box, players drop off him to double up, shooting occasionally might make him a little more unpredictable and harder to defend against.

Agree. I also think a few early crosses would also add to his game.

Back