• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

I think, because our sights are now higher than when Poch first arrived (we're now a genuine title challenging team as opposed to a Europa League team) we will see more youngsters out on loan. Onomah is the first, I think KWP could go the same way, even Winks depending on who we sign. But that's a good thing imo, and we did very well out of Rose, Walker and Kane going on loan in the past.

Having said that, if we sign Sanchez then it might mean we play with a back 3 consistently, and that would be a better system for KWP to play in, as he'd be on the front foot all the time and would have the insurance of a fast right-sided centre back covering the full-back zone. It might even be the thinking behind promoting Trippier and selling Walker (using him in a 3 at the back system as a wing-back) as that also plays more to his strengths and covers the lesser parts of his game.

I doubt that Poch will depart from the methods that got us to here. We were chasing the title for the last two season and still found time to blood youngsters. If they are good enough, they'll play but we need to understand that there will be the odd mistake whilst they find their feet.

I doubt that Poch will depart from the methods that got us to here. We were chasing the title for the last two season and still found time to blood youngsters. If they are good enough, they'll play but we need to understand that there will be the odd mistake whilst they find their feet.

He already is departing from those methods, by sending Onomah on loan. I'm saying that this will happen more, because we are a team competing for the league now, so can't afford too much in the way of players learning on the job, we will give the games to our more accomplished players instead. We'll see what happens I guess.

He already is departing from those methods, by sending Onomah on loan. I'm saying that this will happen more, because we are a team competing for the league now, so can't afford too much in the way of players learning on the job, we will give the games to our more accomplished players instead. We'll see what happens I guess.

One player going out on loan does not show that. Maybe he feels Onomah's situation is different, maybe there are too many players in front of him to get the experience that he needs. Let's see out the rest of the summer and see who plays in the league cup games before drawing too many conclusions.

One player going out on loan does not show that. Maybe he feels Onomah's situation is different, maybe there are too many players in front of him to get the experience that he needs. Let's see out the rest of the summer and see who plays in the league cup games before drawing too many conclusions.
I agree.
This is a good season for KWP to learn as understudy at RB. Worst case scenario he tanks and Diet fills in if needed.
It's also a season for Winks to be involved more - which leaves less space for Onomah.

I agree.
This is a good season for KWP to learn as understudy at RB. Worst case scenario he tanks and Diet fills in if needed.
It's also a season for Winks to be involved more - which leaves less space for Onomah.

We've tended to see one young player break through and establish themselves each season under Poch. Maybe it is KWP's year.

Very pleased for him, a good steady debut at a tough away ground. I've always thought he would do well but more as wide midfield or wing back as he's good on the ball and likes to attack. He looked very composed at left back for the England U20 team and it looks like he's gained confidence from that success.

We've tended to see one young player break through and establish themselves each season under Poch. Maybe it is KWP's year.

I think if we do not get another central defender in then we might see more of carter vickers as well, would be good to have them both come through and Onomah come back next season ready to fill in, would say a fortune and they would all be used to Poch's methods as well.

Thought he had an excellent game, especially as it was evident from the start that they were targeting him and lumping balls up on his side. Yep, he was lucky with the offside, but we deserve some luck and I'm sure he'll have learnt from that alone.
Well done to KWP.
This. I thought he did well to get back in to challenge the striker (was it Gayle?) but then got a yard too close so Gayle dived full length. For a second I thought the ref had given it, as he pointed vaguely towards the spot/offside line. So apart from getting 1 yard too close and inviting a cheat to dive, he did really, really well.

I thought it was a straight choice between KWP and Sissoko so was disappointed to see both playing, KWP has miles more technique and team play than Sissoko

This. I thought he did well to get back in to challenge the striker (was it Gayle?) but then got a yard too close so Gayle dived full length. For a second I thought the ref had given it, as he pointed vaguely towards the spot/offside line. So apart from getting 1 yard too close and inviting a cheat to dive, he did really, really well.

I thought it was a straight choice between KWP and Sissoko so was disappointed to see both playing, KWP has miles more technique and team play than Sissoko
I wonder if that one will be reviewed - he was clearly looking to dive about 3 paces back

I think if we do not get another central defender in then we might see more of carter vickers as well, would be good to have them both come through and Onomah come back next season ready to fill in, would say a fortune and they would all be used to Poch's methods as well.

Think that's pretty ambitious! We've had quite a lot of players come through the ranks in recent years (Mason, livermore, Caulker, Townsend etc) and while there's the initial optimism that they might make it, after a year or two they're often shipped out. Not that they're bad players mind (most have had PL careers) and its not that the academy is failing, but they need to be at such a high level now to have a long-term career at Spurs. Plus those that have left have generated us some tidy fees. If one of those which you mentioned make it then we're doing well. My money is on KWP, but even if none of them stay at Spurs they could easily net us say £30m in transfer fees combined. Will be interesting to see the league cup and checkatrade line-ups and benches this year as it might suggest which of the next wave Poch has some belief in

Think that's pretty ambitious! We've had quite a lot of players come through the ranks in recent years (Mason, livermore, Caulker, Townsend etc) and while there's the initial optimism that they might make it, after a year or two they're often shipped out. Not that they're bad players mind (most have had PL careers) and its not that the academy is failing, but they need to be at such a high level now to have a long-term career at Spurs. Plus those that have left have generated us some tidy fees. If one of those which you mentioned make it then we're doing well. My money is on KWP, but even if none of them stay at Spurs they could easily net us say £30m in transfer fees combined. Will be interesting to see the league cup and checkatrade line-ups and benches this year as it might suggest which of the next wave Poch has some belief in

All of those players were useful squad members and there is no shame in that. A youth player does not have to spend their whole career with us to be judged a success. A couple of seasons in the squad and then sold for decent money helps the first team and pays for the academy.

Could CCV do a job in the first team squad this season? Possibly. If we do not bring in someone decent, I would rather that than a journeyman blocking his chances.

Brilliant debut. The ability to promote so many of our academy players is one of the many things that makes us such a great club.

There's only one Kyle Walker, one Kyle Walker, there's only one Kyle Walker.

Hope someone sang that today. That was impressive from the young lad, a very composed and solid debut. If this is what we can expect from him, I can't see a need for another right back TBH. Plenty good enough to be Trippier's understudy.

Well done.

Back