• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

As Legohamster said, the comparison would have been last season. Bare bones and that.

And even then a CB was preferred in his position rather than him starting games.

As I said in the post you quoted, Id love for him to come good - but after last season I just cant see it.

Oh GHod what have I done?!?!?!

Yep not disagreeing with you though, I'd hope all on this board would want him to do well like any player wearing the shirt but especially being a local lad. The coaching staff must have their reasons, you do wonder in hindsight whether a loan would have been more beneficial last season and how badly he must have been doing in training to not get a chance over Trippier.

Oh GHod what have I done?!?!?!

Yep not disagreeing with you though, I'd hope all on this board would want him to do well like any player wearing the shirt but especially being a local lad. The coaching staff must have their reasons, you do wonder in hindsight whether a loan would have been more beneficial last season and how badly he must have been doing in training to not get a chance over Trippier.

Hindsights a funny thing, people think its 20/20 but often thats just not the case.

My guess is that we saw him developing into a first team player last year and kept him around because of that.

As it panned out - my guess is also that he failed the audition*, so where that leaves him now is probably out the door, or at best back in that 3rd place utility role he spent last season.

I dont know that a loan last year would have changed much, to be honest.

*While it seems obvious he wasnt fancied, what with Foyth getting starts in his position - I couldnt honestly say why. I thought he was decent. Not brilliant, not amazing, and not - it seems- with any stand out attribute. But decent none the less. He got up and down well, used the ball well, defended well... If I had one complaint it would be a common one with young players, Id have liked him to have been a bit bolder in his play, impress himself on the game more - but thats hardly a deal breaker.

He's too lightweight. Need to give him some steroids and some serious gym seshs to bulk up. Now that Trippier seems to be on his way out, he might get a shout. Just dont think he's cut out for the premiership though.

Think he’s more that capable to play at PL level.

As to what standard, I’ve no idea.
OK but not top 4 standard just csbt see him setting it alight. Reminds me of a right footed Tarrico, even though he was right footed. Bottom half table teams at best.
No its a very fair comparison, in fact kwp was outstanding at the u20 world cup 2 years ago and guess who he was keeping out of the side...

The only difference is confidence and trust.

If we get behind this kid he will fly mark my words.

Mate you can't be serious? TA plays for England and Liverpool every game. KWP can't even get into our team behind Trips and Aurier! He's more than likely not going to make it at spurs and has hardly any of of TAs attributes. He'd do well at a Leeds or maybe a Derby. [/QUOTE]

Last edited:
OK but not top 4 standard just csbt see him setting it alight. Reminds me of a right footed Tarrico, even though he was right footed. Bottom half table teams at best.

Mate you can't be serious? TA plays for England and Liverpool every game. KWP can't even get into our team behind Trips and Aurier! He's more than likely not going to make it at spurs and has hardly any of of TAs attributes. He'd do well at a Leeds or maybe a Derby.
[/QUOTE]

So what happened to them both in terms of ability in the space of 1-2 years?

You are telling me that one or both ability wise changed substantially for the better or worse in that time frame?

No chance - its confidence and trust and nothing more. People like you whinging endlessly at the boy don't help.

But he’ll come through it and prove you wrong.

Mate you can't be serious? TA plays for England and Liverpool every game. KWP can't even get into our team behind Trips and Aurier! He's more than likely not going to make it at spurs and has hardly any of of TAs attributes. He'd do well at a Leeds or maybe a Derby.
[/QUOTE]

Look at the RBS in the league.

He’s shown he has the ability as most of them, also he is capable of a mare.

I’m sure with games week in week out he would get those out of his game.

It looks like this might be his year - no reported interest in right-backs from our end, and the market is pretty sparse anyway.

I for one am pretty optimistic about that - I think the boy has talent, and I think he's never been given a consistent chance to prove it. Hopefully 2019-2020 can be his breakout year with us.

It looks like this might be his year - no reported interest in right-backs from our end, and the market is pretty sparse anyway.

I for one am pretty optimistic about that - I think the boy has talent, and I think he's never been given a consistent chance to prove it. Hopefully 2019-2020 can be his breakout year with us.

I think Foyth has leap frogged him. That seemed clear at the end of last season.

As others have noted before, it's his physicality that's the issue. He needs to put on a stone or stone and a half and hit the weights.

I think Foyth has leap frogged him. That seemed clear at the end of last season.

As others have noted before, it's his physicality that's the issue. He needs to put on a stone or stone and a half and hit the weights.

Reports today (quoteless of course) that Poch thinks he can convert Foyth to RB successfully

I thought he had lost his chance at Spurs due to his limited playing time last season but now I am optimistic that he still has a chance to make it with us. It is now up to him to take this opportunity and prove himself.

In the same vein when we signed Davies from Swansea most of the posters on here here assumed that meant the end of Rose and we all know that for a few years he went on to be the best left back in the country. Not everything is as clear as you think.

You and me both. I remember when people on here had made up their mind that Rose was not good enough to play left back for Spurs, I also remember I backed him to the hilt. I think it is too premature to write him off just yet. I think this season is make or break for his Spurs career, it is all up to him.

In addition to my earlier response to you I would suggest it does not really matter if you are right and Foyth has as you say "leap frogged" KWP. What matters to me is that he be in the fight for a berth at right back, it will be up to him starting from now to prove himself good enough

I guess now that he has turned 22 he replaces Trippier as a homegrown player.

We will also need to someone to replace Rose if he leaves

Back