• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

Maybe I'm judging them unfairly instead of judging them against their peers. I don't think I could name an English player as being outstanding although Kenny and KWP have been very good. I actually like Ojo.

If they win this World Cup (under 20's) it will do wonders for their confidence as they approach a crucial couple of years trying to break into teams in the Premier League.

I liked him at Charlton and the fact that he did not go into academy football he seems to play free because of it.

Charlton are my local side and a lot of the staff use the same barber as me and they thought he was joining us, the 2 blokes I know who are season ticket holders didn't think he was good enough, as he never got his head up, but I suppose he's young enough to change.

I'd be tempted to send the u20 side to Russia! was anyone else impressed with the style of play? totally different to what we usually see with the full side. I can't remember the last time that I've found the full side good to watch!

I'd be tempted to send the u20 side to Russia! was anyone else impressed with the style of play? totally different to what we usually see with the full side. I can't remember the last time that I've found the full side good to watch!

Preparing for the world cup out there i guess.

If they win this World Cup (under 20's) it will do wonders for their confidence as they approach a crucial couple of years trying to break into teams in the Premier League.
Are you sure about that?

Where are England's class of 2009 now? Three Lions' European Under-21 Championship finalists profiled
England got all the way to the final before suffering defeat to Germany - but not many progressed into the senior ranks

Six players from the Germany Under 21 team which beat England in the 2009 European Championships final went on to win the World Cup in 2014. All are still current internationals.

By contrast, Joe Hart is the only member of that England Under 21 squad led by Stuart Pearce still in the senior team – and he was suspended for the final after getting booked for sledging Swedish players in a dramatic semi-final penalty shootout.

Gareth Southgate called Theo Walcott on his 28th birthday last week to tell him he was being left out.

Of the rest of the lost generation, Scott Loach is playing in League Two, Fabrice Muamba has retired for medical reasons and Adam Johnson is in jail.

England lost the final against Germany back in 2009 (Photo: Getty Images Europe)

Mark Noble and Lee Cattermole were among the England squad (Photo: Getty Images Europe)

England's players look on dejected after the final defeat (Photo: Bongarts)
Three of the victorious German team are still in Joachim Low's squad for Wednesday's game - Mats Hummels, Benedikt Höwedes and Sami Khedira – while Mesut Ozil, Manuel Neuer and Jérôme Boateng are out injured.

Here is where the England team are now...

England

Scott Loach

ADVERTISEMENT

Current club: Notts County
Caps: 0

At Watford for six years, he received two call ups for the full squad before moving to Ipswich and Rotherham.

Loach is beaten from the penalty spot during the 2015/16 season (Photo: Getty)
Martin Cranie

Current club: Huddersfield Town

The Southampton trainee left Portsmouth for Coventry for £500,000 in 2009. He later spent three years at Barnsley before joining Huddersfield in 2015.

Cranie (left) in FA Cup action for Huddersfield earlier this year (Photo: Getty Images Europe)
Micah Richards

Current club: Aston Villa
Caps: 13 (plus 5 for GB)

After a decade at Emirates Marketing Project, he spent a year on loan at Fiorentina before suffering relegation with Villa last season.

Richards is still an Aston Villa player (Photo: Aston Villa FC via Getty Images)
Nedum Onuoha

Current club: QPR

Left Emirates Marketing Project for Loftus Road in 2012 after a season on loan at Sunderland. Turned down chance to play for Nigeria.

Onuoha has been at Loftus Road since 2012 (Photo: Getty)
Kieran Gibbs

Current club: Arsenal
Caps: 10

Won first call-up under Fabio Capello in 2010 and also played for Roy Hodgson. Has made only six Premier League appearances this season.

Gibbs has been out of the Arsenal line-up for most of this season (Photo: Rex Features)
Fabrice Muamba

Current club: Retired

Suffered a cardiac arrest during Bolton's match at Tottenham in March 2012 and recovered despite his heart stopping for 78 minutes. Retired in August 2012.

Muamba retired following his heart scare in 2012 (Photo: Getty)
Lee Cattermole

Current club: Sunderland

Started at Middlesborough and moved from Wigan to Sunderland in 2009 for £6m. Has made 163 Premier League appearances for the Black Cats.

Cattermole has been a regular in the Sunderland midfield for many years now (Photo: PA)
Mark Noble

Current club: West Ham

Hammers captain has made more Premier League appearances for the club than any other player.

Noble takes on N'Golo Kante in the Premier League earlier this month (Photo: Rex)
James Milner

Current club: Liverpool
Caps: 61

Announced his international retirement in August 2016 after seven-year career. Moved from Emirates Marketing Project to Liverpool in 2015.

Milner signed for Liverpool in 2015 after a spell with Emirates Marketing Project (Photo: Getty)
Adam Johnson

Current club: Without club
Caps: 12

Sentenced to six years in prison in March 2016 for grooming and sexual activity with a girl aged 16. Sacked by Sunderland during trial.

Adam Johnson was sentenced to six years in prison (Photo: Getty)
Theo Walcott

Current club: Arsenal
Caps: 47

Picked by Sven Goran Erikssen for the 2006 World Cup, he was dropped in 2010 and 2016 and injured in 2014.

Walcott has nearly 50 caps for England (Photo: Rex Features)
Subs

Michael Mancienne

Current club: Nottingham Forest

After five years at Chelsea – where he went on loan to QPR and Wolves – he joined Hamburg in 2011 before moving to Forest in 2014.

Mancienne puts in a block during a Championship game at Birmingham this year (Photo: Getty)
Jack Rodwell

Current club: Sunderland

Made only 16 appearances in two unhappy seasons at Emirates Marketing Project after leaving Everton for £12m in 2012.

Injuries have blighted the career of Rodwell (Photo: AFP)
Craig Gardner

Current club: Birmingham (on loan from WBA)

The Villa trainee has spent all his career in the West Midlands apart from three seasons at Sunderland.

Gardner is on loan at Birmingham for the rest of this season (Photo: Getty)
Coach: Stuart Pearce

He had a quiet game today, which probably reflected how the game went as Kenny on the other side didn't have a massive part to play going forwards. I know Onomah is getting a lot of plaudits (rightly so), but KWP has been great all tournament and played a very mature game today.

He had a quiet game today, which probably reflected how the game went as Kenny on the other side didn't have a massive part to play going forwards. I know Onomah is getting a lot of plaudits (rightly so), but KWP has been great all tournament and played a very mature game today.

I thought he had a good first half but had less involvement second half - although he made a vital clearance near the end. That might have just been a perception as I watched the first half at home and the second half out so maybe wasn't watching as closely. But he looks like a player I'd certainly like to see more of at Spurs.

He had a decent game, nothing special and got stranded for the pen by being out of position. But he will learn from that.

Last edited:
True he did fade a bit second half, one or two errors began to creep in, but he still also had some good moments including a run to the edge of the box that saw him brought down resulting in a fk. Overall was very impressive both in the tackle and in possession breaking out of defence.

DCC1oC3WsAE-ZW_.jpg:large

I may be in a minority but I would love it he could really impress impressed Poch in pre-season to the extent that he is willing to give KWP a punt as back up to Trippier (assuming Walker goes) and does not feel it necessary to buy a new right back. I agree it would be asking a lot of KWP but this could be the making of him.

I may be in a minority but I would love it he could really impress impressed Poch in pre-season to the extent that he is willing to give KWP a punt as back up to Trippier (assuming Walker goes) and does not feel it necessary to buy a new right back. I agree it would be asking a lot of KWP but this could be the making of him.

Think he needs a season away like Rose had at Sunderland - but I like the lad also but he still a boy and need to bulk up!

Back