• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

It’s a tough one with our right back options. The way KT has stepped up has been awesome, and KWP always seems to do well when he gets his chance, and regular watchers of yoof say he’s got the talent.

There’s something about Aurier though that makes me think we are yet to see the best out of him. I think new signings that end up needing time to settle often have a good first couple of games before teams figure them out and before the pressure kicks in (also when teams make a load of new signings at once and teams don’t know how to react - us with the Bale money and Everton started ok at the start of this year).

I remember watching Aurier in the Dortmund home game and thinking we had a real player there. It was about how up for the battle he was. He never got beat one on one and looked super composed on the ball. It was like he was made for the big stage and that was the player we signed. He’s obviously had his ups and downs and has definitely been sloppy as the season has gone on, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the club feels like he has a higher ceiling than KT and gives him another shot.

Then it comes down to KT VS KWP. And KT has played in some of our big wins this year - Liverpool at home, Arsenal home, Madrid home - so he’s earned his place. But do you quite trust him all the way against a top quality winger? Does he have that little burst to never get beaten in his battle? That little bit of skill to get him the space if the first time cross isn’t on against a real top defender? If we trust KWP enough, it may be harsh on KT but I could see us moving him out, as well as he has done. He’s also a perfect servant and an archetypal Poch player who bought into the plan, never made a fuss and did everything he could to earn his spot.

Does KWP have that ability to always win his battles? Is he strong on the concentration side of his game? On his decision making? His crossing looked really good today so if they trust him on the defensive side, he’s surely going to get his chances next year.

It’s a tough one with our right back options. The way KT has stepped up has been awesome, and KWP always seems to do well when he gets his chance, and regular watchers of yoof say he’s got the talent.

There’s something about Aurier though that makes me think we are yet to see the best out of him. I think new signings that end up needing time to settle often have a good first couple of games before teams figure them out and before the pressure kicks in (also when teams make a load of new signings at once and teams don’t know how to react - us with the Bale money and Everton started ok at the start of this year).

I remember watching Aurier in the Dortmund home game and thinking we had a real player there. It was about how up for the battle he was. He never got beat one on one and looked super composed on the ball. It was like he was made for the big stage and that was the player we signed. He’s obviously had his ups and downs and has definitely been sloppy as the season has gone on, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the club feels like he has a higher ceiling than KT and gives him another shot.

Then it comes down to KT VS KWP. And KT has played in some of our big wins this year - Liverpool at home, Arsenal home, Madrid home - so he’s earned his place. But do you quite trust him all the way against a top quality winger? Does he have that little burst to never get beaten in his battle? That little bit of skill to get him the space if the first time cross isn’t on against a real top defender? If we trust KWP enough, it may be harsh on KT but I could see us moving him out, as well as he has done. He’s also a perfect servant and an archetypal Poch player who bought into the plan, never made a fuss and did everything he could to earn his spot.

Does KWP have that ability to always win his battles? Is he strong on the concentration side of his game? On his decision making? His crossing looked really good today so if they trust him on the defensive side, he’s surely going to get his chances next year.
Good analysis Brain.

Does make you think, as soon as Aurier was signed what was their plan for KWP?...he should have gone on loan this season and perhaps that would have given us more insight into his abilities.

IMO KWP should be one of the two RB's with the added benefit of incoming funds for the kitty when Aurier or tripps goes.

I don't think that constitutes much risk, and Poch/Levy are gonna need all the pennies they can if they're going balls deep.

Aurier has played at the highest level and has that athlete component to his game (important in modern FBs)

I like Tripps, I just don't think he would get in a side higher up the table than us (and that has to be the bar)
KWP is far from finished product, I still think a loan is more likely than seeing him play a major role next season.

I believe our FBs are an area that can be improved on this summer.

Based on performances, I'd sell Aurier and keep KWP as backup (possibly breaking through as first choice if he seizes his chance) to Trippier. Aurier makes rookie mistakes, we may as well have an actual rookie making them and developing with the added playing time. And KWP seems a lot faster than Aurier and Trippier, something we have missed.

I'd also go back to 3 at the back, it plays more to the strengths of our full-backs/wing-backs and we look better defensively playing this way, without losing much in attack imo (we were still very good going forward with a back 3).

Pity the kid was not given a season long loan at a bottom PL team. Waste of a season. Had so much potential

Im inclined to disagree. I know he was MOTM against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but honestly he wouldnt have been my pick, it was more a "Wow he is making his debut and looked competent" thing.

Yesterday I thought he looked very much improved.

Suggests this season has seen him develop well, rather than being wasted.

Next season he clearly needs games though, be that with us or elsewhere.

Im inclined to disagree. I know he was MOTM against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but honestly he wouldnt have been my pick, it was more a "Wow he is making his debut and looked competent" thing.

KWP looks to have developed much more staying with the squad than Onomah and 2CV have leaving it

C'mon guys.....Two opinions based on minimal evidence.

C'mon guys.....Two opinions based on minimal evidence.

I saw him play two games, one at the beginning and one at the end of the season.

The second, IMO, was a big improvement on the first.

So I suggest staying and training with the squad all season was a productive choice for him.

Not sure theres much there to gain a "cmon guys..."

Something i noticed about KWP yesterday from the lofty heights of Blk 522, was just how many 50-50 headers he won! He seems to have a fair ol' leap on him for a small guy.
(not withstanding the appalling mismanagement of marking for Vardy's first)

A good game from the lad all things considered, as he was up against a few tricky characters for Leicester and has had very very little first team game time.

Based on performances, I'd sell Aurier and keep KWP as backup (possibly breaking through as first choice if he seizes his chance) to Trippier. Aurier makes rookie mistakes, we may as well have an actual rookie making them and developing with the added playing time. And KWP seems a lot faster than Aurier and Trippier, something we have missed.

I'd also go back to 3 at the back, it plays more to the strengths of our full-backs/wing-backs and we look better defensively playing this way, without losing much in attack imo (we were still very good going forward with a back 3).

In my view trips as made as many, if not more mistakes as Serge - they are just less lungy/obvious.

I think Serge will be a different player with a pre-season under him.

I would have Serge and KWP as RBs next season

Playing with a back 3 will allow him a little more scope to get forward and from the limited minutes I have seen of him this looks be his strength.

He needs time on the pitch now to develop IMO so if we are not going to give it to him then a 6 month loan to a PL or Champ team where he is playing could be the making of him. He needs to bulk up too. Exciting prospect.

He's a 22 year old who has played 8 senior games in his entire career. That kind of thing is why more of this great generation of youth players seems to be looking abroad for opportunities.

There will obviously be advantages to staying and training with the squad. There are also clear and obvious advantages to actually playing football, which we have seen time and time again with young players and have had even some of our own players explain the benefits that these loans had for them.

I find it difficult to argue that we've managed his career well so far with so fee appearances at such an age.

That is not to say that he won't still go on to become a great player though and I was impressed by him this weekend.

I think next season either he has to be one of the two rbs or he should be sent on loan. He needs to play regular football to advance.

It's tough, but I'd sell Trippier (providing Aurier looks better in pre-season). I think this might be one of Poch's 'being brave' moments.

He's a 22 year old who has played 8 senior games in his entire career. That kind of thing is why more of this great generation of youth players seems to be looking abroad for opportunities.

There will obviously be advantages to staying and training with the squad. There are also clear and obvious advantages to actually playing football, which we have seen time and time again with young players and have had even some of our own players explain the benefits that these loans had for them.

I find it difficult to argue that we've managed his career well so far with so fee appearances at such an age.

That is not to say that he won't still go on to become a great player though and I was impressed by him this weekend.

I think next season either he has to be one of the two rbs or he should be sent on loan. He needs to play regular football to advance.

Having just signed a new deal I would suggest he see's his progress as sufficient.

Poch made the point a while back, the team has improved such that for young players to break in they need to be of a higher standard.

His long standing belief in players developing by being with the squad seems to have proven true, IMO, with KWP looking much improved yesterday compared to vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Would I like him to play more? Of course. Do I think he might be ripe for a loan? Yes. Can I say his career has not been managed well? NO. I think its going just fine, and apparently so does he.

Back