• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Krzysztof Piątek

I am glad if this signing does not happen. We dont need this kind of player. Give Parrott a chance. This is the perfect season and timing for us to give him a run and see what we have. Whats the point in signing a middle of the road striker who may or may not work and will only ever be a back up to a fit Kane when we have a talented young forward in our own squad that needs game time to prove he has a future here. We have son and Moura to cover if we need experience.
What makes you say he is middle of the road ?

Mourinho has been pretty clear that he doesn't think Parrott is ready
well he is the experienced coach. But its what I would hope. How else is he going to prove himself? he is scoring a lot in the under categories. has already played for the ROI full team. Seems he needs a game or two to see what he has for me.

What makes you say he is middle of the road ?

Just a hunch. If AC milan are ready to let him got for what is a nominal fee as they have picked up an old Ageing Zlatan! but I have not seen the guy play much. So its just a hunch
from those points. Surely if he is that good they would either keep him, or hike up the price?

Just a hunch. If AC milan are ready to let him got for what is a nominal fee as they have picked up an old Ageing Zlatan! but I have not seen the guy play much. So its just a hunch
from those points. Surely if he is that good they would either keep him, or hike up the price?
Ac mIlan are a genuine mess though
Imagine a United with less stability and worst results
And their getting the money back they paid so they don’t care IMO

Ac mIlan are a genuine mess though
Imagine a United with less stability and worst results
And their getting the money back they paid so they don’t care IMO

you could be right. I could be wrong. People get over excited with new signings though, or possible ones and start to throw things to the wind to get a new player in. I am very cautious now
with every signing we make. They need to not be the next lump of deadwood in our squad.

if we sign him, I hope you are right. I hope he turns out to be a brilliant player. But I prefer to see our youth come through and not just see us throw money at the next player on the international
list of players up for grabs for any team in the prem.

well he is the experienced coach. But its what I would hope. How else is he going to prove himself? he is scoring a lot in the under categories. has already played for the ROI full team. Seems he needs a game or two to see what he has for me.

"I think too soon," the Spurs boss said when asked about Parrott filling in. "I think one thing is potential and another thing is conditions to express potential and I think he needs time.

"Having minutes, being involved is one thing. Another thing is what you call the direct replacement (for Kane). To be that he needs to work. There are many different processes of a player to develop.

"The next step for him is to sign a new contract at the club long-term and then it is for everyone to decide what is the best for his development. In this club we care about our players. It is also to find the best pathway to develop.

"At age of 17, I don't think it's good to go on loan to the Championship or another country. Just develop here and learn more about the game."

"I think too soon," the Spurs boss said when asked about Parrott filling in. "I think one thing is potential and another thing is conditions to express potential and I think he needs time.

"Having minutes, being involved is one thing. Another thing is what you call the direct replacement (for Kane). To be that he needs to work. There are many different processes of a player to develop.

"The next step for him is to sign a new contract at the club long-term and then it is for everyone to decide what is the best for his development. In this club we care about our players. It is also to find the best pathway to develop.

"At age of 17, I don't think it's good to go on loan to the Championship or another country. Just develop here and learn more about the game."

yeah I am fine with what he has said there. I am not advocating him starting the game. I think with Son and Moura we can cover the absence of Kane. I just want him on the bench so he can come on here and there and get some game time.

Yeah but they didn’t get those numbers until they played for top teams
aguero at Atleti didn’t have a great record

Well Kane has amazing figures and I can assure you we have never been a "great team". Come to think of it I would also disagree with you about about Inter, what has this current team won yet to suggest it is a great team?

Well Kane has amazing figures and I can assure you we have never been a "great team". Come to think of it I would also disagree with you about about Inter, what has this current team won yet to suggest it is a great team?
Inter? Lost me there

we have been a great team. We were fighting for the title for 2 seasons and have been playing CL football regularly. Hell we were in the final last season. That’s the results of being a great team.
Southampton when shearer was there was not a great team... probably the equivalent of Genoa.

Alway rated him too and said so
He made a mistake taking that pool offer when he did but fair play he is turning it around

Was a bit unlucky with long term injuries while at Liverpool... Southampton took the gamble that looks to be paying off for them..

Krzysztof Piatek to Tottenham latest: Personal terms 'agreed', AC Milan give 'green light'
Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Krzysztof Piatek from AC Milan in the January transfer window as a replacement for the injured Harry Kane, but Spurs must better their offer

Tottenham Hotspur may be on the verge of completing the signing of a midfielder, but the hunt for striking reinforcements continue.

With top scorer Harry Kane ruled out until April with a hamstring injury, Spurs are looking for a top quality forward who can lead the line in the England captain's absence.

One name that has been linked is AC Milan striker Krzysztof Piatek.

But Aston Villa are also reportedly keen as they look for a replacement for Belgian striker Wesley, who is out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are supposedly interested too, as their struggles in front of goal continue, despite spending £40 million on Joelinton in the summer.

London rivals West Ham have also been linked, with Albian Ajeti not living up to expectations following his £8 million summer move from Basel.

So what is the latest on Piatek's future?

Who is he?
Piatek is currently on the books of AC Milan but has struggled in 2019/20 having scored just four goals in 18 outings for Stefano Pioli's outfit.

He enjoyed an excellent season in 2018/19, though, netting 13 goals in 20 games to kick off the campaign and saw him make the move to Milan where he scored nine times in the final 18 matches of the season.

Before that, the 2017/18 season was fruitful for Piatek at his former club Cracvoia as he scored 21 times in 38 appearances to earn a move to Genoa for €4 million.

The frontman became the first player since Gabriel Batistuta to score in each of his first seven games in Serie A when he netted in a 3-1 defeat to Parma in October 2018.

How has he done this season?
Not as well as hoped, it seems. Four goals in 18 appearances this season represents one of Piatek's leanest spells in front of goal and with the arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic back to the club on a free transfer, he has been pushed down the striking pecking order.

Piatek has reportedly held talks with AC Milan chiefs and he is aware there is interest in him from elsewhere.

Piatek on Arsenal
Tottenham fans may be concerned with comments previously made by Krzysztof Piatek about his boyhood club, amid rumours of a swoop in the January transfer window.

Interest from Premier League sides was quickly mentioned, with Spurs joining the pursuit, but Piatek has previously admitted that he was a boyhood Arsenal fan.

“When I was a child I was an Arsenal fan. I loved the style of Wenger and I admired players like Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp,” he told Italian newspaper Tuttosport in March 2019.

Spurs 'agree' fee for Piatek
According to latest reports from The Sun, Tottenham have agreed a £23.8 million deal to sign AC Milan striker Krzysztof Piatek.

The Polish striker is reportedly set to sign a three-and-a-half-year contract and will complete a medical in the next 48 hours.

The report claims Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is desperate to sign a new forward in the wake of Harry Kane's injury, had already planned to hold talks with Milan over Piatek.

As well as the initial fee, Spurs will reportedly pay a further £4.2 million in add-ons.

Piatek talks ongoing
However, Sky state that while the two clubs are discussing a possible deal, the talks are not at an advanced stage and no formal offers have been made - it is also unsure whether the deal would be temporary or permanent.

Mourinho update
Speaking ahead of Tottenham's clash against Liverpool, Jose Mourinho admitted it would take several transfer windows to reshape his squad.

“We are a different club, we have to do it in a different way," he said.

“Time compensates transfer windows. Amazing transfer windows, you need less time.

"Balanced transfer windows, you need more time and this is the profile so for me it’s about time and time to work, so more transfer windows because we are not going ever to be the transfer window king.”

Mourinho also refused to talk about rumours of Piatek's possible arrival.

“I don’t speak about rumours,” he said.

“I don’t speak about players from other clubs.
“Imagine if I speak about Piatek, is he happy that I speak about him?

“Is AC Milan happy that I speak about him? I don’t speak about players from other clubs, I’m sorry.”

AC Milan ready to allow Piatek to go
According to Italian newspaper il Giornale, AC Milan are willing to sanction the sale of Krzysztof Piatek.

The signing of Zlatan Ibrahimovic has seen Piatek drop down the pecking order, and the Serie A side are ready to cash in on the Poland international.

However, the report claims Milan do not want a loan deal, and will only accept a permanent sale for £25.5m.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...ztof-piatek-tottenham-milan-transfer-17542426

Back