• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Krzysztof Piątek

My concern is that he has scored 4 goals in 18 league games this season and is now being replaced by 50 year old Zlatan. I also heard that only one of those 4 goals was from open play, now that sounds scary if true.

I would suggest Aubemayang is a more consistent goal scorer with much more pace
Was he at that age??? I remember him doing well in the French league but I’d argue the Italian league is harder to score in
And yeah he has more pace but he isn’t that quick.

My concern is that he has scored 4 goals in 18 league games this season and is now being replaced by 50 year old Zlatan. I also heard that only one of those 4 goals was from open play, now that sounds scary if true.
Milan now are like United
They bring players in to sell shirts
Their a mess of a club

He is world class on his scoring record
He is also playing for the top team

My point being maybe the fact that he looks world class in the Italian league but did not remotely look world class in the EPL could be because the defences in that league are not as tough as they once were.

Was he at that age??? I remember him doing well in the French league but I’d argue the Italian league is harder to score in
And yeah he has more pace but he isn’t that quick.

Did not realise you were comparing at specific ages. I would suggest at 30 Aubemayang is much faster than Piatek because he gives Sanchez a run for his money. If however you were comparing Aubemayang at 24 to Piatek at 24 there would be no comparison with regards to pace.

It is more interesting with goals as Aubemayang got better as he got older, scoring 98 goals in 144 league matches. I must admit prior to this season Piatek had a very good year, if we sign him lets hope this half season is just a dip, then we would be all be happy.

Alas, you feel if we do sign him it will be on the evening of the last day of the window.

I concede it was good, but my definition of exceptional differs to yours. Exceptional has to be well over 1 in 2, like Aguero, Kane, Henry, Shearer
Yeah but they didn’t get those numbers until they played for top teams
aguero at Atleti didn’t have a great record

Did not realise you were comparing at specific ages. I would suggest at 30 Aubemayang is much faster than Piatek because he gives Sanchez a run for his money. If however you were comparing Aubemayang at 24 to Piatek at 24 there would be no comparison with regards to pace.

It is more interesting with goals as Aubemayang got better as he got older, scoring 98 goals in 144 league matches. I must admit prior to this season Piatek had a very good year, if we sign him lets hope this half season is just a dip, then we would be all be happy.

Alas, you feel if we do sign him it will be on the evening of the last day of the window.
Hey I wanted Auba when he was at St Etienne
He was class.

Poland's sports daily Przegląd Sportowy reporting that AC Milan's Krzysztof Piątek is close to joining Crystal Palace for £30m+.

Tottenham and West Ham also in play, but the former is only offering a six-month loan deal which is likely to be rejected by the Serie A side.

Poland's sports daily Przegląd Sportowy reporting that AC Milan's Krzysztof Piątek is close to joining Crystal Palace for £30m+.

Tottenham and West Ham also in play, but the former is only offering a six-month loan deal which is likely to be rejected by the Serie A side.

Well we should only do this if he works for us long term, as well as solving our immediate problems.

It seems the club feel fernandes ticks those boxes but if we are only offering 6 months loan then it would appear we dont think piatek meets the same criteria.

Shame though as I would have thought he would tick the boxes. We do need another front man when kane is fit, as we are seeing what happens when he plays every game.

Its a shame parrott isnt a bit older and therefore further along in his development.

Well we should only do this if he works for us long term, as well as solving our immediate problems.

It seems the club feel fernandes ticks those boxes but if we are only offering 6 months loan then it would appear we dont think piatek meets the same criteria.

Shame though as I would have thought he would tick the boxes. We do need another front man when kane is fit, as we are seeing what happens when he plays every game.

Its a shame parrott isnt a bit older and therefore further along in his development.

I don’t blame the club for offering a loan for him - if we have other targets in the summer

It’s an opportunity for the player as well

I don’t blame the club for offering a loan for him - if we have other targets in the summer

It’s an opportunity for the player as well

As he appears to tick the boxes it seems to me more likely the club continue to take the view that we need no alternative striker to kane, rather than it being about other preferred targets being available in the summer.

And I think its the wrong view to take, evidenced by kane’s injuries in recent seasons.

I am glad if this signing does not happen. We dont need this kind of player. Give Parrott a chance. This is the perfect season and timing for us to give him a run and see what we have. Whats the point in signing a middle of the road striker who may or may not work and will only ever be a back up to a fit Kane when we have a talented young forward in our own squad that needs game time to prove he has a future here. We have son and Moura to cover if we need experience.

I am glad if this signing does not happen. We dont need this kind of player. Give Parrott a chance. This is the perfect season and timing for us to give him a run and see what we have. Whats the point in signing a middle of the road striker who may or may not work and will only ever be a back up to a fit Kane when we have a talented young forward in our own squad that needs game time to prove he has a future here. We have son and Moura to cover if we need experience.

Mourinho has been pretty clear that he doesn't think Parrott is ready

Back