• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kneejerk Pool of the weekl: Tim Sherwood - for or against?

Tim Sherwood as coach : YAY or NAY ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

metalgear

Nayim
Quick pulse check on the early sentiment towards Tim's appointment. Sure no one knows how it will turn out for him and us, but it might just be fun to revisit this post when the dust has settled.

Don't think, just choose!

Last edited:
Against. I think that's fairly well established. I will hold my hand up if the time comes at which I believe Sherwood has succeeded.

For Sherwood now that we're stuck with him, against the appointment.

Does that simply mean that you're backing him, as you would any incumbent of the role? I'll always support the club, it's deeply ingrained within me, but I simply can't bring myself to believe that Sherwood will be a success with us, no matter how much I wish for him to be one.

I'm for just like i have been for all our managers when they are first appointed. It's 6 -12 months down the line, once he has had a decent time at the job that i will decide if i am for or against.

Agree with many. Nowhere near my first choice, but as he is now the Chairmans choice I will give him my backing

Voted Nay.
I still think AVB should have been given the next two games to at least see if he was capable of turning things around, like he had done after the Emirates Marketing Project mauling.
After all, in games against Sunderland and Anzhi we were creating regular chances and were indeed more exciting. Liverpool played us at a good time, when we had a makeshift defence and in the end a man down and no real midfield to speak of. People continue to fee extra bad after this defeat because of their underestimating and condescending attitude towards Liverpool imo.

The whole situation reeks of trial by certain media mates of Redknapp and chums, and reminds me of when the team and club were being lambasted in autumn 2008 by the like of the Redknapps and Sherwood in the media, Sky etc. Then viola! They are employed and then all of a sudden they are employed and then suddenly Spurs is a great club run in a great top top way.

Of course none of those same pundits are questioning the fact that we've employed a complete managerial novice to manage a multi-talented squad of internationals. After all, if one of the backroom staff unknowns at Chelski was given a similar promotion, none of them would also bat an eyelid.

The situation just makes me puke, and a few 'swashbuckling, run-abaht-a-bit' wins will not change how ugly this feels (i'll let others mention the supposed back-stabbing nature of Sherwood; after all Richard Keys has said enough)

Oh and Tim will be taking us to Old Trafford and the Emirates in quick succession; season over by early January imo

Does that simply mean that you're backing him, as you would any incumbent of the role? I'll always support the club, it's deeply ingrained within me, but I simply can't bring myself to believe that Sherwood will be a success with us, no matter how much I wish for him to be one.

Pretty much. Although there are limits to my unconditional support - I wouldn't support a criminal in charge of the club, nor Cvntbell or John Terry should they ever become managers.

Voted Nay.
I still think AVB should have been given the next two games to at least see if he was capable of turning things around, like he had done after the Emirates Marketing Project mauling.
After all, in games against Sunderland and Anzhi we were creating regular chances and were indeed more exciting. Liverpool played us at a good time, when we had a makeshift defence and in the end a man down and no real midfield to speak of. People continue to fee extra bad after this defeat because of their underestimating and condescending attitude towards Liverpool imo.

The whole situation reeks of trial by certain media mates of Redknapp and chums, and reminds me of when the team and club were being lambasted in autumn 2008 by the like of the Redknapps and Sherwood in the media, Sky etc. Then viola! They are employed and then all of a sudden they are employed and then suddenly Spurs is a great club run in a great top top way.

Of course none of those same pundits are questioning the fact that we've employed a complete managerial novice to manage a multi-talented squad of internationals. After all, if one of the backroom staff unknowns at Chelski was given a similar promotion, none of them would also bat an eyelid.

The situation just makes me puke, and a few 'swashbuckling, run-abaht-a-bit' wins will not change how ugly this feels (i'll let others mention the supposed back-stabbing nature of Sherwood; after all Richard Keys has said enough)

Oh and Tim will be taking us to Old Trafford and the Emirates in quick succession; season over by early January imo

I've said before that I still didn't want AVB to leave, though I can understand why he and Levy agreed that he should.

But I really don't think the focus of their meetings would have been on a few thrashings (as terrible as they were) but on our style of play and how we were looking. Also for the fact that our performances seemed to be getting worse as the season progressed.

I think Liverpool are a very good team with a world class striker on top form but how good they are doesn't factor into the equation. We could be facing an all time XI of players from all eras of history all over the world and I still wouldn't expect to lose 5-0 at home.

And with all due respect (and not aimed at you in particular), that argument is one of the reasons I've grown to despise the Europa league. For the Sunday games. For the appalling standard of games for most of the competition. And the fact that people use any games in that competition before the QF stage as an indication as to where the team is or how well we're playing. Anzhi, who haven't won in 19 games in Russia, also qualified. Tromso were in danger of being relegated from their league. The performances in that competition mean nothing.

AVB managed us for 7 games against top half opposition so far this season. He lost 4 and drew 3, scoring 3 goals and conceding 16. Forgive me if I don't think AVB would have had much else to come up with in the few weeks between leaving the club and facing Man Utd and Arsenal.

Also, we've seen Sherwood take the team for 2 games. I can't see how this is a large enough sample size to decide we suddenly know everything about his management style.

Also, we've seen Sherwood take the team for 2 games. I can't see how this is a large enough sample size to decide we suddenly know everything about his management style.

Tbf, it's a kneejerk poll and is one meant to 'feel the current pulse' as it were and then re-visit views later, especially after the next two or three games imo

voted keep calm and carry on....... he is worth a chance without being prejudiced.......there is no concrete reasons for definete failure or sucess...

But the main thing is Levy had to do something.....there was nothing else out there....at least this appt brings some continuity and we can always see whats araound in the summer if things have not gone well......personally I hope things do go well......... I reckon there is alot of people judging a book by its cover which is a very silly thing to do in my opinion.

Are you basing that on the last two games? Does the quality of football played in the youth set up not count for anything?

The improvement in youth set up is primarily the credit of McDermott and Inglethorpe. Sherwood only took over any coaching in the last 15 months after Inglethorpe got poached by Liverpool.

My big wish for the remainder of the season is that Deadwood gets sacked on 27 February after Ramos' Dnipro hammer us.

Against it. At this moment in time top 4 is still a must even after the sacking of AVB, I just feel Sherwood with his lack of experience won't be able to achieve that and we'll have wasted another season in transition. Perhaps Sherwood will make a good manager over time I'd just rather he did it somewhere else where the stakes are not so high, I can't believe there were no better options available.

Willing to eat humble pie if we win the league.

The improvement in youth set up is primarily the credit of McDermott and Inglethorpe. Sherwood only took over any coaching in the last 15 months after Inglethorpe got poached by Liverpool.

Sherwood took over responsibility for the youth set up when Harry left. Obviously there has been a lot of good work on the youth set up for a number of years but that should not detract from Sherwood's involvement recently.

Back