• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

30F1338300000578-0-image-a-44_1454776028651.jpg

special goal from two new boys showing two old boys demonstrating the new spurs way

a week until city away so which full backs will play?

I reckon he might go Davies & Walker...pft who knows...we have amazing options at fb...

There is not a lot in it but ( imo) Walker and Davies are our best two FB's so I would go for them against City.

There is not a lot in it but ( imo) Walker and Davies are our best two FB's so I would go for them against City.

yes I also think they are our best options but only just...against teams who sit back I would rather have trippier as he is more creative than Kyle.

Him and Davies were superb yesterday, such a threat from them the whole game

The build-up in both the Davies chances was superb, he deserved a goal yesterday.

Trippier was MOTM for me, always available constant threat, great run to be there for the 'fully deserved' goal. This is exactly what we need 4 full-backs raising each others games to battle for places in the team. Plenty of games coming up to keep them all happy too. Davies and Trippier have said to Rose and Walker, try and get this shirt off me

Prefer Trippier, he can actually cross a ball. He is a good attacking threat. Walker cant cross or create

Prefer Trippier, he can actually cross a ball. He is a good attacking threat. Walker cant cross or create

Walker makes the runs similar to Trippier but more often that then annoyingly stops when he gets the ball and cuts back, whereas Trippier carries on and gets his crosses
in.
We'll never know, but Soldado possibly may have got more goals with Trippier at RB

Walker is massively overrated going forward because of his pace. Trippier has shown real quality. But Walker is easily a better defender than Trippier imo.

Depends on the opponent. Poch got it spot on going with Trippier against a bus parking Watford side where we had a ton of possession. Against City I would prefer Walker, but will be interesting to see what Poch does.

Walker is massively overrated going forward because of his pace. Trippier has shown real quality. But Walker is easily a better defender than Trippier imo.
Shows how much things can change. A couple of years ago, Walker was a pacey gung-ho wingback who'd make up for his lack of defensive positioning through sheer pace and energy. Now it's almost the other way round. It's the same with Rose.

Defensive positioning can be taught, thankfully -- right back (along with left back) is the most difficult position to play in the modern game, tactically and positionally. A couple of years at the club, and I'm confident that Trippier's defensive game will improve.

Still, I'm loving having four good options at half-back with different styles.

Shows how much things can change. A couple of years ago, Walker was a pacey gung-ho wingback who'd make up for his lack of defensive positioning through sheer pace and energy. Now it's almost the other way round. It's the same with Rose.

Defensive positioning can be taught, thankfully -- right back (along with left back) is the most difficult position to play in the modern game, tactically and positionally. A couple of years at the club, and I'm confident that Trippier's defensive game will improve.

Still, I'm loving having four good options at half-back with different styles.

Walker has always been very good one on one defensively. And he's always been rather ineffective on the ball. Him being overrated going forward and underrated defensively is not something new.

Back